Alcoholics thread. How much do you drink and why?

Alcoholics thread. How much do you drink and why?
I'm 22 years old and have managed to make it half way through this shitty 1.75 L liter 80 proof vodka bottle and am now just starting to feel the slightest bit drunk. Shitty alcohol but cheap. I started drinking about a year are when I failed a random drug test at work. My dad was dying of a brain tumor (a cop for 25 years) and weed seemed to help his symptoms. I spent months taking care of him while he was dying. He lost the ability to move and control his bodily functions so at 21 I was literally cleaning up his shit, piss, vomit and doing the best I could to keep him comfortable in his dying days. When he died there was a lot of medical quality cannabis left over which I used selfishly to cope with my own personal pain. After being drug tested my first day back to work after my fathers death I was put on an 18 month long drug screening probation with failure meaning termination. So I've turned to the bottle and have basically been drinking myself to death. I have ambition and the desire to make something of myself but feel like my depression and mental problems are holding me back. I'm just ranting and it's the half bottle of shit vodka talking but I was just wondering if there were people on the board with similar struggles.

Shameless self bump

Bump

Heavy drink here.

In sorry OP but I don't understand people who drink alcohol to cope. I drink to get a head change and have a good time. I drink about a half a bottle of vodka a night. It does the job. I'm get pretty buzzed; still functioning. I know it's bad. I'm 30, when I lay in bed it feels uncomfortable to lay on my right side where my weight falls on my liver. Thankfully the livers the strongest muscle you got! :)

Stop drinking so muc, just cut down.

I buy an 18 rack of coors every day, i'm some how holding on, but I manage.

Your situation sucks, but you gotta get stable, then get back to your happy drinking habits.

Dude stop drinking so damn much. If you need to be impaired switch back to weed it's not great to be stoned all the time but at least in ten years you'll still be alive

I don't like Liquor. I'm more of a beer person. About 80-100 fluid ozs a day of Miller Lite or High Life. Anyways, If your job drug tests you then dont smoke. Have a mixed drink every now and then. Try to control it when you're hitting rock bottom. i'm 22 btw

I used to get high to cope. I was smoking weed to escape reality. I was living with my mother after my fathers death and even though she didn't mean it, her stuggle lead to an incredible amount of anger which was directed at me because i was the only one around. Constant verbal harassment and I was always being told I was a piece of shit, a lazy, good for nothing asshole by my own mother. So I smoked pot, stole perception drugs, drank and did whatever I could to feel the slightest bit of happieness

22 here, irish as fuck so maybe that's part of it, but my tolerance is high as fuck. I usually drink wine or straight whiskey when I drink, sometimes beer, but it takes me about 8-9 drinks to really get into a good space, and I can kill whole handles if I feel like it. I drink because being sober sucks, get trapped in my head and shit. Pic not related, it's a fucking owl that attacked my while I was doing research once

I'd love to go back to weed but I cant because I'm being randomly drug tested almost weekly by my employer. I hate drinking, but it's legal, convenient and I won't fail a drug test because of it

For real though, that much booze is bad for your system op. You'll fucking die of liver failure and get all jaundiced before too long like that. There are plenty of drugs that don't show up in blood tests too, or you could get prescriptions for them. This pics a faggot osprey eating a faggot squirrel at my college

Currently I work as a meat cutter at a grocery store. I know this much drinking is bad but I don't indulge like this too often. Maybe 2-3 times a week but that's how much it takes me to get decently drunk. I want to be a firefighter and I try to exercise and workout 5-6 days a week but at night I tend to give in to the bottle and probably destroy every bit of progress I've been trying to make

Hey OP! I just bought a kegorator for the first time this week. I bought a pony keg of coors light for it. I tapped it as soon as I got home and thought "man this is gross tasting beer I made huge mistake" but after like 12 hours fiddling with co2 tank pressure and letting the beer settle realize that this is the best thing ever.

Cold, delicious beer on tap and no one can cut me off. I love it. I'm sure the wife will yell at me but I don't care everyone should have a kegorator full of cheap american lager. Takes the goddamn edge off

I prefer hard liquor over beer. Gets the job done quicker but I'm sure it's going to take a toll on my health

My cousin killed herself on November 11th, the day after my 21st birthday. I lost months afterwards, drinking myself into a stupor. I just can't remember anything. My mother who had been slowly dying from hypertrophic cardiomyopathy my whole life finally died on February 18th. I've been a damned mess and honestly the only thing keeping me going at this point is strength training/weight lifting. It sounds really silly but it works. Sometimes I do still drink way too much though. It is part of the process. I'm very sorry for your loss, OP. It's very very tough.

I try to control it but if I have a drink I want more. I'll have 3 shots and feel alright and then there's always that voice in my head saying "take one more shot and you'll feel even better".
I do that till I pretty much black out. Hard to control man

yeah that's the thing hard stuff makes me too drunk and I always wind up texting everyone in phone embarrassing shit since I can't just have one drink. Plus I have a real job and family and all that dumb crap so beer it is for me. But I get where you're coming from Sup Forumsro

OP here
Sorry for your loss as well. I inspire to become a firefighter so physical fitness is a priority of mine as well. Probably sounds ridiculous because I have a drinking problem but whatever. I spend hours in the gym trying to prepare myself but at night when I think about my life I turn to the bottle. I no longer have any friend because I pretty much disconnected myself from life

ive been drinking since 13 no problems so far am 19

Honestly your life sounds very similar to mine right now. I can't be alone with my thoughts for too long either. I wish you luck.

Unfortunately I've built up a tolerance to where I can make it through half a bottle of vodka and barely feel it until I fall asleep. No more enjoyment of drinking but somehow without liquor in my system I just feel empty. I also have an amazing girlfriend who knows nothing about my problems because I hide them from her. I don't live with her yet and I'm scared to until I get a hold of my life

Wish you luck as well. Nice to know I'm not the only one struggling with this