Reminder that fucking Suriname has a higher literacy rate than Portugal

Reminder that fucking Suriname has a higher literacy rate than Portugal

Is this map serious? Wtf Portugal

How can you be illiterate in this time and year and in fucking western europe. Even 70IQ gypsies here can read

is this fake?

>World without USSR

>Illiterateugal

>literally african tier

Why is Germany blue?

>go to Surinam
>It Ain't Me starts playing

shut the fuck up you ruined everything you touched.
poland, estonia and czech republic are lagging because of you, faggots.

I have a certain amount of difficulty believing that we're above 97% just by going to a walmart in any part of the country.

Communism is inherently illiterate in that they won't teach people to read unless it's necessary. So unless your job entails picking up a book then you aren't being taught to read. North Korea claims a 100% literacy rate and we all know that's not fucking true.

>Asmnda asme ooek
Sdkan abans Asnnms!

Non-Portuguese in Portugal here. If you really want to know, until the mid-70's Portugal was under a dictatorship that stifled the development of education in the country. It was an interesting period but even today the older generation have a lack of formal education compared to the rest of WEurope. That explains the picture.

They do invest in education a lot now though, and if I'm not mistaken Cape Verde has the best education system in Africa by importing the Portuguese model.

Since reading/writing has been obligatory since the 20's, if anything it just means that our country is that comfy that people won't die.

Emigration also doesn't help the percentage, I guess.

>go to Slovenia
>realize I accidentally crossed a border somewhere
>crossing guard asks for dollars or rubles
>realize this country is basically my oyster for the cost of a fucking happy meal

>crossing guard

found you out, Chang/Ahmed

Maybe you can set up an ethnic enclave and provide us with some kind of weirdo spice bazaar or whatever it is you orientals purvey

More like, Carl.

You have checkpoints nigger. Ten years ago you had some shifty fuckers stopping people for money. I'd lay into you on how fucked up former satellite states are but it's basically like Tyson fighting an infant.

Adding to that, I'm actually very surprised that there's somebody from Slovenia even posting. A decade ago your currency was completely fake. American toilet paper was probably worth more by the square. Is there a standard of government there now? Is it even a country?

I could basically have the run of the place for the cost of a dog treat. If you gave somebody a fiver they basically acted like they scammed you for five months rent. It was fucking surreal.

At least post the real pic.

I doubt it really matters. Over 30% of the US is bilingual now (as if Spanish counts) and literacy is required unless you want to pick fucking turnips or something.

It was predicted that even a bachelors degree would be irrelevant at this point.

Plumbers, electricians and pilots are earning a premium right now because nobody else knows how to do it. It's fucking hilarious to me. Your social sciences degree means a whole lot when the shitter is clogged, doesn't it?

Have to fly? Well, people made fun of the air force in my country right up until now. It's rather gratifying to see that people who were considered "lower-rung" in society are now in high demand while everyone who went to a liberal arts college to play guitar and suck their friend's dick is stuck in parental limbo.

Is this true? Maybe old people from the dictatorship era where a lot of people struggled but is something that you don't see in everyday life. Even the gipsies need to put their children in school or lost their social money. We are doing better in PISA too I guess

It honestly could be.

Basic literacy is an issue even in my country. Try playing scrabble against some fuckass from Iowa, for example.

>no that's not a word
>they keep it on the board even though it was refuted in the fucking dictionary

Yeah fuck you I'm not playing scrabble anymore you cunts.

Hey guys why not post a more recent map?

>and if I'm not mistaken Cape Verde has the best education system in Africa by importing the Portuguese model.

Not at all.

Ok sure

They're clearly mistaken.

I was educated in a private school with nuns and rulers. That sort of thing is idiotic but the education you get is above and beyond the normal crap they teach kids in public school.

I basically fucked off throughout high school because I already knew calculus. Here in the US, they'll pass you with a basic knowledge of algebra. Or even less in some places.