Person thinks music is subjective

>Person thinks music is subjective

Define the objective qualities to measure music.

how good it is

Define the objective qualities of "good" music

How well it's made

also how it sounds

Cringe thread

The fact that every person has a different taste in music automatically destroys your shitty opinion that music is "objective"

how do you measure how well it's made or how it sounds?

>Person thinks

Person actually thinks Trout Mask Replica is 'good'

>implying that taste and quality are the same thing

Who are you quoting? Kill self my man

Not OP, but if I do not like something then to me it is not of quality. If I do then it is of quality.

"He thinks music is objective!"

"What a moron!"

>Oh, some shitty album I hate got a perfect score on Pitchfork! Wow, since Pitchfork likes it I have to like it too!

What kind of moron thinks like this?

Music is subjective, it's just noises, all the meaning is made in your head. People only try to make out its objective to try and give their personal opinions weight. They need other people approval that they are allowed to enjoy the music they like. It's just about validation

If music is objective, it isn't possible for a person to view music objectively since the human perspective is inherently subjective.

t. roasties

I think most people have come across albums that they don't really like or enjoy listening too, but can still recognise that it is of some quality and has some value.

God, you fuckers still fall for this obvious b8

>person says music is objective
>likes radiohead

if music is objective then why cats don't enjoy it

I read about it, and there are objective things in music, "serious music" (like beethoven) can be analyzed objectively easily, something like literature. "Popular music" like pop or rock, can be analyzed like that in other terms, because it integrates other elements society, autenticity and feelings/integration