ITT: people who think both of these guns are equally as lethal try to convince me of this 'fact'

ITT: people who think both of these guns are equally as lethal try to convince me of this 'fact'

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/vzDO86iSKWU
nap.edu/read/18319/chapter/3
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

If someone points either one at your head and pulls the trigger you will die.

/thread

.308 / 30-06 only takes one round in torso area, while that AR will take 2-3 unless you hit the heart.

>one is designed and used for hunting
>one is designed and used for hunting man
>both can be used interchangeably

"""""Assault""""" weapons are just what liberals call scary looking black guns with tacticool attachment rails

What caliber is the scoped rifle? I can't tell. I'm guessing it's a more lethal caliber than the .223.

Both are semi auto, so that kind of cancels out. The iron sights would be better in a close situation, and the scope would be better for reaching out

I'd sure as shit rather be 400m away from the AR

AR15s fire .223 while 30-06 is one of the more popular hunting rifles. A .223 is only a scratch compared to it.

The bottom one has a revolver grip, or as my antigun group calls them "death multiplier" and it has a way too big clip that thing probably holds over 50 slugs

in the right hands youre dead either way you gigantic faggot

Most hunting rifles in a magnum or ap round would kill two in one shot man

Even then the sand Niggers coudlnt get a gun so they used a pressure cooker and killed just as many.

Why not ban islam

marksmanfag here.... i don't care what it is... i'll kill ya just as dead with my 8 yr old sons .22 from 500yards you fucking dip shit.... but honestly i'd rather put some 12ga 4 shot in your chest and turn your faggot ass into hamburger

Do you honestly think you can shoot that lever action as fast as that semi auto?

you are to stupid for this discussion. that is the whole gun debate in a nutshell unfortunately.

If you have a scope and a good vantage point you don't need to fire very fast.

Well.. One is for c.q.b. and the other can pick you off from afar. Are they equally as lethal..? Well, no. The long range rifle will blow you to pieces. If it hits the limb, that limb is mince meat. The head? Well, you've seen suicide pictures. The abdomen or chest? Dead. No question about it. The m-16 is made to "shock" the body. The rounds are made to incapacitate the enemy, not kill them. Of course, it's possible to get a kill shot, but it typically takes multiple rounds to kill someone. The distance of the m-16 is about 300 meters. The long range weapon will certainly kill a target long pass that range. But if you're doing c.q.b. Or close quarter battle, go for the m-16.

that is not a bolt action rifle

500 yards, it'd make a cute bruise user

500 yards? Nice superpowers.

scope>iron

They're both semi automatic rifles.

They're literally the same. If the scoped rifle takes detachable mags then there is no difference in the lethality of the two. The scoped rifle might even be the better choice if you're shooting from longer range.

Close to it, but maybe not as fast. But again when youre tossing bigger slugs you dont need speed as much.

Can you stupid niggers tell me why then most of the military/police don't use hunting rifles then unless they're snipers? Because ARs ARE MORE LETHAL

lol 500 yards not "super power status" the range down the street from me has a 500 yard section that is full of people once a week. (not same fag)

>smaller boolet
>MORE lethal
y o u w o t m 8

>thinks its about lethality
Easier to carry m8.
8/10 bait
Dis gun be good

>5.56 meme
>shocks the body
>tumbling bullets

Also

>Sniper rifle meme
>It has a scope so it will blow limbs off

Dude, those guns are basically the same. Both semi autos chambered in .223.

Your thread are shit user, have a sage

And you routinely kill human size targets @ 500 yards with a .22?

Reading comprehension. You should go buy some.

.22lr at 500, yeah not gonna hurt someone, carries about as much energy as a tennis ball at 50m

You make no sense.

None of you do.

If both OPs guns are just as effective, why even bother carrying one or the other? They are made for a specific purpose.

ARs are better at almost any scenario a service person would get into except a sniper. If we use your retarded logic, everyone could just use hunting rifles...but they don't for some reason.

You could rack up a high score pretty quickly with a long range hunting rifle at a big outdoor event. Those two guns are better at different things, but both are quite capable of killing plenty of people.

Gun expert reporting.

If they both shoot the same bullets their capable of doing the same damage. fire rate is a factor of course, when dealing with multiple targets or creating suppressive fire to ward off and advancing enemy. But the death toll of mass casualty attacks has far more to do with timing and choice of target than it which firearm is used. Do you really think someone firing a shotgun or a high capacity handgun like a glock or beretta into a crowded nightclub would have produced drastically different results? Seriously?

Yes the fire rate of a semi automatic is much higher than a bolt action, but keep in mind all modern handguns use the same action and nobody plans on banning hand guns. The VA Tech shooting was done with a hand gun and caused nearly as many casualties.

I'm not really against gun regulation, but targeting it only at certain weapons seems useless. I promise you anybody that wants to shoot up a public place will make do with whatever guns are available the next time. 100% of all guns kill things dead equally efficiently if used correctly.

I'm not feeding you some fucktard NRA talking point. If both those rifles are chambered for 5.56 they are ballistically identical and fire rate is the only degree of separation.

My Ford F 250 can kill more people than my Fiat.

We should ban dem assault vehicles ASAP.

The two guns pictured are the same except for the scope. They're both semi automatic rifles with detachable magazines. Look at the hunting rifle, you can see the mag release forward of the trigger guard.

Those rifles are essentially the same in rate of fire. The only difference is the sights.

Drive it into a big crowd at 100mph. That'll spark the national assault vehicle debate.

Because the smaller round is still lethal whilst allowing a soldier or cop to carry a substantial amount.

Basically its a balance between lethality and portability. You may as well ask why cops and soldiers don't all carry Barrett .50s, or rocket launchers, since both are more lethal than an M4 or M16.

>high capacity handgun

30 round mags for glocks...two glocks...in a crowd with 60 bullets...uh yeah that's a lot of dead people.

God damn this bait is too good.
It is because the modern sportsmans rifle is easier to carry than the hunting rifle. That is why, it is less cumbersome in tight quarters. Also it can have attachments that make wielding it in these environments easier. It isnt about lethality when they are exactly the same.

>Gun expert
>Misidentified the scoped rifle as a bolt gun.

Great, then why don't service people use hunting rifles then? Makes no sense

>imblying ar's aren't used in hunting every day

The point is if it will affect gun crime or not. Obviously AR are lighter and more ergonomic for being used by solders who have to lug them around all day with tons of other gear.

It's a valid point that this is pretty irrelevant to a suicidal attacker that doesn't plan on being alive for more than a couple of hours. Would a hunting rifle be less comfortable? Yeah, I'm sure his arms might get tired faster.

I don't see how making a mass shooters arms more tired makes me safer. Is that not a valid point?

Hence ARs are more lethal, thanks.

see checkmate

Reading comprehension isn't your strong point, is it?

My mistake, it is a semi. I never enlarged the pic.

No they arent

no, see you're losing the debate now.

even if an AR is easier to carry and allows for more rounds to be carried, that makes it more lethal.

logic

No they arent dude. It is the same round fired from both. They arent more lethal

How?

See

Pretty sure now this is bait.

What I'm saying is the function and internals of those two rifles are identical. If they are chambered in the same round then they act the same balistically.

However, the AR platform does have a lot of things going for it. It's lighter than the hunting rifle. If it has picatinny rails then it can accept a lot of different optics and attachments to enhance functionality. Its a rugged design built to withstand prolonged combat, not just a day in the woods.

But a trained shooter can do the same thing with either of those rifles.

if i have a choice by carrying around a hunting rifle with less rounds that is more cumbersome, vs an AR with a bunch of mags i'm going to choose an AR obviously, and if I can shoot at all I'll be more lethal because of my choice.

The dead people are just as dead regardless of the comfort of the shooter.

Assault weaponry is a marketing term coined in the early 80s by gun makers who were marketing military style semi and fully automatic rifles and machine pistols to civilians.

Then that means you have the ability to be more lethal, not that the gun itself is more lethal.

To be fair, this. A higher rate of fire does in fact allow for a higher capacity for destruction. However, still firing same round so each is as lethal per round as the other

Tbh the shooters training/experience with the weapon(s) is more lethal in a way than the weapon itself. I feel rather confident I could do more damage with a hunting rifle than most nutjobs have done with assault rifles and handguns have done.

Because the name of the game in war is close quarter battle. Raiding homes, raiding cities. Raiding. Duh.

But when they are chambered the same, you can carry the same amount of ammo for both. The rifle is what is cumbersome. They both are chambered the same, meaning you can carry the same ammo. Your argument is like saying my nissan is lighter and can carry more gas, so it must be faster than a lambo, it's ridiculous.

The rifles might be identical, but i would take down more people with the AR.

They both kill. You dont want to get hit by any of them.

But both guns have the same rate of fire
Semi-auto
Each trigger pull = a pew

Gotcha

Depending on ammo, shooting an AR into a crowd may kill one person. Assuming the "most lethal" case in 5.56 with AP ammo, you may fully penetrate 2 people and wound a third.

The Browning? In the right chambering with the right ammo shooting into a packed crowd, you'd kill 2 or 3 times as many people from further away. Being further away negates the advantage of the standard-capacity magazine of the AR.

Politically, there's no difference. The people who want to ban the AR want to ban all guns. Period. Anyone who says otherwise is lying.

youtu.be/vzDO86iSKWU

If you really want an eye-opener, read the full text of the original Metzenbaum "assault rifle" bill from which every bill since then has derived. It would have banned all semi-automatic firearms, period, including pistols used at the Olympics, shotguns, etc.

We know what they really want. Fuck 'em.

The lower one has a much higher capacity magazine. More shots usually means more kills.

An AR is a sandnigger hunting rifle

>Dude, those guns are basically the same. Both semi autos chambered in .223.
The lower one obviously has a much higher capacity magazine. More shots = more kills.

No it doesnt.
A tool is only as good as its operator

OMG, this again. You could wreak total havoc with a semi 0.22 and 50-round clips if you wanted to. The key being, wanting to.

It's definitely the guns fault.

Genuine answer here- but full disclosure I'm pretty uninformed. I only ever shot rifles in high school on a shooting team, they were .22 bolt-action rifles.

I generally think the added lethality from an "assault" style weapon comes not from the size of the round or the fire-rate, which may be similar or identical to a semi-auto hunting rifle, but from the design. The smaller form factor, pistol grip, folding/telescoping stock, etc. makes the weapon easier to manipulate and improves target aquisition at close range... Being able to choose targets quicker will certainly contribute to lethality... Especially in a mass shooting scenario.

Gun nuts get so butthurt that the specs of the two rifles might be similar (both semi-auto, same caliber, etc) but one is clearly intended for hunting/shooting as a sport and the other is clearly for close quarters combat. One of them is a modern designed, lightweight, tactical killing tool - and the other has a big bulky heavy wood stock which a lot of people use a sling to support their shot with. The size and form of such a weapon make it more suited for shooting as a sport/hunter than for combat and that is indisputable. Fucking rednecks are so concerned with their baby-dick power fantasies and being a muddy GI Joe that they can't see past the general similarities and that makes them sound autistic AF.

couldn't you just get an extended mag, so they both have the same capacity? what's the difference at that point just the weight.

One is the assault rifle 15 that should be on battlefields, in trained military hands.. it accepts high capacity magazines and is capable of shooting up to 9000 rounds per minutes. It is easily concealed and has many military functions not necessary for civilians.. the other is a hunting rifle, for hunting deer..not people. You people in burgerstan are crazy.

Here's a fun read. This is obamas gun study. Performed by the American medical institute under the authority of the CDC so as not to disobey congressional orders to not implement gun control with federal funds. It was a means to prove that guns are the problem but it was swept under the rug and the MSM was ordered not to report on it because it scientifically proved quite the opposite.

nap.edu/read/18319/chapter/3

Have fun

>
you could just buy a higher capacity magazine for either and get a bullpup stock for the longer rifle making them the exact same thing.

308 is heavy as shit compared to 5.56

If clip size didnt matter drum mags wouldent be a thing. Also, in Iraq we all got m16s which we would ocassionaly set to single fire to engage targets in excess of 300m away. It's still an assault rifle when set to single fire. Was never created for civilian use

The assault rifle 15 has magazines up to 200 rounds, commonly and easily available the hunting rifle has magazines up to a maximum of about 5 and probably hard to find. No you could not put a bull pup stock on a hunting rifle.

>assault rifle 15
AR=autolite rifle, you mouth breather

>wouldent

This is a mosin nagant. Decades old bolt action rifle.

Can't think up an argument huh burger?

1) they're both semi-automatics.
2) it's not an M-16 it's an AR style rifle. The fire selector switch only has two choices.
3) lethality is a question of can it kill you. And yes, they can both kill you with a single round, therefore they are equally lethal. No other factors matter for lethality.

A fine hunting rifle.

Are those your assault pistols? we gotta do something about these automatic assault pistols!!!

Not surprised, burger can't make an argument so he posts meme pics.

not correct.
An AR-15 fragments and shreds your insides, effectively turning into a shotgun shell inside your body. .308 creates a bigger wound but with fragmentation mostly contained and little tumble.

The main difference is probably also the amount of shots that can be fired consecutively on target due to recoil.

All this drum mags and extendoclips and such are usually knockoff pieces of novelty shit. Sure they're cool to look at. But that's about it

fragmentation depends on the round and charge

>being this ignorant

I'm a soldier, not an English teacher. Fagget. Did I spell it rite?

Charles Whitman here. I'd say the hunting rifle as it is more effective at range.

Yeah totally, it's not like a drum magazine fits an extra 100 rounds compared to the hunting rifles 5.

lol there are bullpup conversion kits for lots of things you can also find high capacity mags for nearly anything. though I personally only have antiques and I know there are bullpup conversions and huge mags for any sks variant.

Depends. How good a shot are you? Faggot