they always sucked

this desu

Death Grips, Grimes, Young Thug

but they suck as well user

tim hecker is shitting on them all the way

if ur in know ur in the know

Iglooghost makes more interesting music

this and clarence clarity

y'all are dumb thinking iglooghost isnt just some bland white guy copping chinese aesthetics like some 2010 shit

arcas still the most in scene of those four right now esp with HBA having a resurgence
id say yves tumor jefre cantu ledesma maybe arca still
also parts of PC Music will breakout past PC Music's parody
GFOTY and Easyfun and Death Sim have already

Well since three of those are still good and the fourth was always shit,
>FUCK OFF

these and hunter hunt-hendrix

>since these 4 suck now?
u wot

This
Iglooghost is flylo lite
Arca is still GOAT and total freedom / hba scene are gaining traction

Ferraro still is one of the greatest pleb filters there is
new Blunt is awesome
Garden of Delete was a success
Arca's mixtape was a success

HBA are fucking terrible though

lmao what the fuck do you know glad to know you've only seen their opening ceremony collab

spot the rich asian

i wish

>Ferraro still is one of the greatest pleb filters there is
elaborate

Soundcloud.com/w-w-j-c-d

yves tumor for sure. really liked his new album

yep, his new albums incredible
desu i think PAN is severely underrated

Igloo and Flylo don't sound all that alike. Just cause he's signed to brainfeeder and uses side compression doesn't make them similar.

>ferraro
why is that meme up there lol
replace him with amnesia scanner or TF or someone else and that pic is pretty solid

that's one shit opinion

i like ferraro, blunt, and lopatin but I think Arca is legitimate dogshit

>desu i think PAN is severely underrated

PAN has been shit for like 3-4 years now, ever since kouligas decided he'd rather chase hype and flavor-of-the-month fads than put out good records
i can't think of another label dealing in this sort of music that fell off as hard as PAN did desu

Yawn-tier

underrated

>James Ferraro
BORING

>Dean Blunt
NO THANKS

>OPN
More relevant than ever

>Arca
More relevant than ever

dean blunt just got more and more embarrassing and finally hit rock bottom by doing something with yung lean.

>amnesia scanner
sub-par arca

don't forget lil yachty

So do you completely discount Blonde due to a Yung Lean feature?!?!?????????????!!!!!!!!?!?!?!?!!!!!!???!?!!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!????????????!!!!!!!!?!?!?!?!!!!!!???!?!!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!????????????!!!!!!!!?!?!?!?!!!!!!???!?!!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!????????????!!!!!!!!?!?!?!?!!!!!!???!?!!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!????????????!!!!!!!!?!?!?!?!!!!!!???!?!!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!

the weird frontier between pop and avantgarde
are these guys the saviors of music?

>i can't think of another label dealing in this sort of music that fell off as hard as PAN did desu

Hospital Productions.

But Frank is actually good so he gets a pass

dont give a fuck about frank ocean so i dont really care.

blunt got all weird about white people and cultural appropriation then does a song with yung lean. he's lost it.

his recent exhibitions havd been utter shit as well.

L.I.E.S.

No I discount Blonde because that nigga sucks dick and I refuse to listen :^)

astral plane keeps trying to push various artists as the new vanguard of electronic music but 99% of it is garbage.

embarassing state of affairs atm.

theres no vanguard that exists in america
i think subsets of existing non-western hemisphere genres are where the vanguards (margins) are

black metal used up all his talent
no idea why hes trying to be subpar rapper now

Ferraro is finally out of his R&B period and OPN never stopped being awesome.

l.i.e.s has always been shit apart from one or two releases.

most overrated label.

he's legit angry that his entire audience is white people, and black people still ignored him when he started rapping

inga is better than dean right now desu

and john t. gast too

But....all their releases this year have been fantastic apart from the M.E.S.H. ep (who has really been a disappointment in general after Scythians).

2015 for them was truthfully quite weak - though the Errorsmith/Mark Fell collab was ace and imo the Helm album has held up quite well. 2013 & 2014 were v successful.

the last Tumor LP is awful

maybe but they both don't release hardly any releases and are more of a mystery than him.
black metal still stands as the best release from their group
what did he expect when the first track is annoying skit for 5mins followed by 2 noise tracks and him rapping about "shottas"

I thought it was pretty good - a little inconsistent but the highs were enjoyable. I do agree that they need to branch out a little from the Janus-esque "post-club" shit they're doing right now cause it's starting to get a lil stale/hackneyed.

Looking forward to the new Becker LP.

who's janus? and i agree with your post-club point, i think it's being driven into the ground

Rashad Becker you mean? Didn't know he's coming out with a new LP

gast is working with apron records so i'm expecting more regular releases from
him

His name is Jonatan Leandoer
But yeah I don't know what the fuck that was all about

Still waiting for next Mutant tier release.

Lorenzo Senni, Bulma, Toxe, Kablam, Lotic, WWWINGS, Lexxi, Lit Internet, Chino Amobi, Nkisi, Moro, Oklou...
basically everyone on Staycore and NON, some dude of Bala Club are cool too

they don't even sound the same
no they are rich kids running a dead meme, sophie is the only talented of the bunch
>2016
>lies

Janus is a "collective" of sorts out of Berlin who host clubs nights and such. M.E.S.H., Kablam, etc are part of it. They deal mostly with the post-club aesthetic or whatever. Not a big fan, personally. When it comes to crazy off-the-wall dance music I'd rather listen to something off Principe or smth.
>Rashad Becker you mean?
Yep, first week in December IIRC.

Aside from a few cuts I thought that release was largely mediocre, tb h.

>staycore
>bala club

hahahaha really?

>sophie is the only talented of the bunch
soundcloud.com/dannylharle/sim

literally none of those artists are good.

are you insecure about your masculinity?

argument

>implying garden of delete is anything but God tier

meant to reaply to

not at all, ive always been a bit queer.

i just dont think theyre any good. sorry :/

but user damaged merc is one of the best eps of this year

it's too heavy on conceptualization, too light on actual, substantial content. not really all that strange, sub-par sound design, and with that scene theres almost too much cross-pollination in that everyone is now starting to sound like each other. it just all sounds so insipid.

i will admit that i liked senni's last release but all the end of the day i'm so sick of this retro-fetishistic and nostalgia driven trends, be it with trance or rave or whatever.

mark fell was on PAN, didnt know that
looking that up now

i liked / still like Helm as well

ah forgot about lotic, definitely
been waiting for more from him (them?) since their boiler room set

when will the purposefully shit nu metal inspired aesthetic die?

lliterally cant tell any artists apart because theyve all adopted it.

what nu metal aesthetic?

>him (them?)
wtf 'him' of course
when it'll become a meme like vapor

explain the nu metal aesthic plz

rise of 90s metalcore subculture as a reified cool person thing to ironicize

i.e. Garden of Delete, Vetements, Toxe

yes basically 2000's nu-metal aesthetic with tribal tattoos, evil clowns, cheap photo editing, braille characters like gravity boys, wwwings etc

In what way did GoD ironicize metalcore subculture?

I think you dont really understand what half the words you posted mean.

The GoD ARG had nothing to do conceptually with GoD outside of a few sub 5 second long snippets in like 2 songs.

opn described god as 'cyber metal' and made tshirt with is name written in a korn style font

thx it makes sense now

The only thing cybermetal about GoD was the ARG relating to the fictional band Lopatin created called Kaoss Edge.

And in what way is "Cybermetal" the same as "Nu Metal". Did you actually listen and follow along with the ARG? Did you actually listen to the album?

If him calling the album "Cybermetal" stopped you from listening to it you missed out on a huge bait and switch.

i heard god twice and yes there are nu-metal influences, some tracks are based on processed guitar sound, opn himself said that too

name some nu metal bands lopatin was influenced by when creating GoD.

Processed guitar sound does not a nu metal band make. You clearly missed the ARG that he did for GoD. The "Nu Metal" band you are referencing is Kaoss Edge. The fictional band he created that the fictional alien Ezra is a huge fan of.

i wasnt really talking about opn, he pulled it off as part of a concept.

i was more talking about the endless amount of producers on soundcloud etc. using barbed wire font and other shitty motifs.

like what happenned with vaporwave, its all so dull and samey now.

we need a weird-frontier-kind-of general
/bleep/ is edm

I won't tell you because I don't want Sup Forums to ruin them for me

gather some tracks and start a /weird/ general?

They're all amazing though

this is a fair point

I dunno, Ferraro's been pissing me off ever since he deluded himself into thinking he was a multi-instrumentalist singer-songwriter.

I miss the time when he put out stuff like Last Action Hero, iAsia, and On Air. Stuff where the music may have been junk, but the ideas behind it was pretty interesting.

poor man's foodman

Wait really lol

youtube.com/watch?v=pQtQD3w6ZIc

this isn't real you fucking idiot, someone made this

No its real
hyperdub tweeted it themselves and dj escrow had it on his factmix

that file name is triggering me REEEEEE

citation