New wave

Anybody else have any good recommendations for some new wave albums. Trying to get into it

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/So-Lo
youtu.be/MCTlfzL4MAs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Are We Not Men? by Devo is a classic

start with the firts two rows

What is new wave exactly? The American take on British post-punk?

Huey's early work

It's the poppier take on post-punk

No Replicas by Tubeway Army? Shit list.

>includes The Hurting
>doesn't include Songs from the Big Chair

shit list

If you're into prog rock then listen to Discipline by King Crimson. It's has a pretty great mixture of prog rock and new wave

Blancmange is pretty awesome

New Wave is 90% one-hit wonders. Go with something like the Rhino New Wave collection.

This album is amazing + the song Mental Hopscotch. Very VERY underappreciated.

I heard the song Lose Your Love for the first time about a year ago, and I can't stop listening to them now.

This album sucks, but it's probably my favorite album cover.

The most fun album name ever. Also, side A is immaculate. Really, you can't go wrong with any of the Police's albums

This is bullshit
Half the songs on all police albums are literally filler

Oingo Boingo and anything Dany Elfman is patritian tier new wave. Especially This

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/So-Lo

(i had trouble finding it because of the spelling)

COOOOOOOOOL CITY

Watch Urgh A Music War
youtu.be/MCTlfzL4MAs

Good for your soul was always my favourite of theirs

Im not even baiting
Have you even listened to the police albums? And not just the hits like walking on the moon, king of pain etc?
So many shit and uninspired songs. Like of their recorded outpuy was just garbage.

Yep. Bring on The Night is their best song and Zen is their most consistently single-worthy album. So no band's output is perfect. The Police have one of the highest quality output to total output song ratios in modern music.