Prove to me we are not living in a simulation

Prove to me we are not living in a simulation.
>protip: you can't

You are right, it is impossible to prove or disprove

I don't see why it matters.

That's what makes this "philosophy" so shit and pointless. Whether we are or are not living in a simulation, what benefit does that give us? We're not going to ever be TRULY aware of it.

If you're going to sit on your ass and think about pointless shit like this, think about trying to fix shit that IS a problem and we can prove it.

i am vaping rn

I believe this is all the proof you need.

Well since like god it cant be disproven then there is no point in giving a fuck.

cut your head

Whatever thing we can do we do it

Good point

Because "pointless" is subjective. What really has a "point"?

Who would build a simulation this shitty? No my friend, I'm pretty sure only reality can suck this hard.

Exactly - it doesn't matter. In the matrix there was a simulation and also a 'real world' that the characters could escape to. If we are living in a simulation - we are simulations too and there is no real world to escape to.

It mostly doesn't matter.
Physics is describing the world we live in and ethics is describing how to best live in the world we live in. The other sciences are derivations of this, descriptions of our world(medicine, anthropology, archeology, linguistics) or musings about qualities (economics, sociology, litterature).

Except for logic.
If this is all a simulation that is just trivia.

In fact you can prove we are not in simulation because of the numbers like pi and square root of 2, 3, 5... Irational numbers
They are infinitive
You cannot store something infinitive in a simulation

Although you could write an algorythm to produce those numbers up to a certain decimal and then just stop to save space but why would you implament numbers that can have potential unlimited date into a simulation which most likely cannot operate with unlimited data resource

I need to think about logic of implamenting irational numbers into simulations for a moment

Because you can't simulate the amount of fag OP radiates

/thread

End of the thread

Eh yeah no.
Irrational and non-terminating decimal numbers can be represented in other ways than in decimal form. Furthermore, you're projecting the concepts of human invention on to whatever could be running the simulation in this theory.

Why wouldn't you be able to store something that is infinite? Aslong as you have the code to produce the infinite, hence irrational numbers or pi, you can keep producing numbers. You jjust need a capable computer to do so.

I don't know mate
It's 2 o'clock in the morning at my place and I just felt like shitposting

>you can keep producing numbers
I'll produce some numbers for you, faggot. Checkem.

You need data, you need ram
To create something infinitive you need infinitive data of ram
It's not like it is impossible to do something like infinitive data but that realy seems to be the case

Check'd

Reality as we know it has no infinities in it. None.
We have logical ideas that would take infinity to write out and use infinite space and time. But we don't have infinite space and time and the logical ideas take much less space than infinite space because they're abstracts.

Say for example I say the word "green" here on Sup Forums. That doesn't make the text green. Yellow. Fuxia. Red. The abstract ideas of the colours arent' those colours. They're just abstract ideas of them.
In the same way the word(or symbol) pi isn't actually pi, and the idea of 1/0 isn't actually having something and dividing it among zero recipients.

There are no innumerables. There are no infinities. There are no endless things. The universe has a beginning, and an end in every dimension.

are you retarded?

Check'd and kek'd

>physicsfag reporting in
False, simple observe the vibrating strings of information which make up matter.

Back at ya bruh.

Fair enough. Fuckin britbong

>you need infinitive data of ram
I got some ram for your mom's ass right here, fam

I'm on Sup Forums
Take a guess

That's as retarded as asking us to prove that your imaginary friend doesn't exists...

Prove to me first that you (any of us) are real.

>I'm not a robot
>check

Oh ok carry on then.

lost it, noice

Nigga, you're a robot until you prove you're not.

I usually feel like a robot. A broken robot with a virus in its programming, but a robot.

Yeah but nothing in this world has been produced infinetly. It is a concept for us humans for something that never ends. It does not exist in practical manners. Doesn't matter if you have a computer that stores numbers for thousand of years or whatever, it will never be infinite, because the idea of infinite is to never be reached. So saying that the existence of irrational numbers proves that we are not in a simulation because you cannot store it is not enough. That doesn't prove it. You could just say that we aren't given the measures to comphrehend infinity by our creators and we never will be.

I dom't know mate
Reality as we know it proved to be wrong many times in past why wouldn't it be now or in the future
Who knows
Maybe pi as a number is infinitive, maybe it isn't
Maybe there are infinitive stuff
Maybe there aren't
Fact is, we don't actually know, we ae making lind pokes in the darkness hoping to find a foot long strawberry, it doesn't make sense why are we doing it, but we mae theories which if found true would mean that there realy are foot long strawberries

And yes footlong strawberries are metaphorical representatives of hidden treassure chests of knowledge our mind guided for unfulfilling need for knowledge seek for

Prove to ME that we ARE living in the situation.
>Protip: you cant

ayy west europe

Dubs don't lie.

There are no cheat codes, just cheat strategies.

This is now a thread about strategies to cheat the simulation. You start, since you seem to know something.

And that is 5he whole point
With infinitive stuff it doesn't matter how big or important it is, it only matters that it doesn't have an end
In a simulation you cannot give a concept of infinity, you can only add a certain amount of data to produce something finite, something that has it's own limit, something that can be reached, although by our concepts it shouldn't
That is what makes it a fair enouh proof that if you are in a simulation, you just have to dig deep enouh until you come at the end of infinity

Ayy

apply for any and every benefit you even slightly meet the criteria for, you pay taxes, might as well reap the rewards. I'm a business owner, have a decent house, make good money, yet we qualify for 3 different forms of what is basically welfare, and we're collecting on two of them.

Nobody in a century is going to say "user was a good guy but he took gubmint money so he's actually a cunt"

Social skills are the most important of all skills.

Nonono... we're not LIVING IN a simulation. We ARE a simulation. It's not like there are brains in a vat somewhere, there are no vats. We are exactly as real as the universe we exist in, no more no less.

Holy shit man, I make 51k/year with an expensive rental. I'm in Seattle, so everything's expensive, but I'm also in Seattle, so shit's progressive as fuck. Where should I start?

How do you know our universe is real
How do you know mirrors are real if our eyes aren't real
How do you know a donkey fucking a mastif isn't a sexual offence

Because crocodiles don't eat cheese

not anymore. social skills only work if the recipient has equal or greater social skills, and the typical person is losing social skills by the second. People no longer say 'bye' when finished a phone call, from my experience. they just hang up when they are done. It's brutal, and my cheerful parting message is a complete waste.

stop renting as soon as humanly possible. Being in debt for 10 years in order to get a house is far preferable to paying some cunt for 10 years who doesn't even fix your water heater.

Get tested for any and every mental condition you can think of and collect disability, you should get MORE if you live on your own. I don't qualify for any of it, but we tried. You need to go online and just hunt down every single bit of money seattle pays to people, and why. See if you fit in that 'why' and demand your share.

it's easy money but you'll need to do some legwork and research, user.

Right on thanks, man. Is buying seriously a good idea if I don't have a decent down payment? I've been looking into it for a year or two but I get such mixed answers on that question. It's hard to save with the price of rent around here.

you'll need a down payment, yes. If you can swing borrowing money from a family member, do that. If you can get a good deal on a loan some other way, do that.

money you spend on rent is lost to you forever. money spent on a mortgage comes back when you sell the house. The difference is so fucking vast that a lot of people would be smarter to ditch everything they have in an expensive city they rent in, and move to a cheaper place to live and buy a house.

Interesting, thanks physicsfag

Any loan suggestions? I have an 800 credit score.

> (You)
>not anymore. social skills only work if the recipient has equal or greater social skills, and the typical person is losing social skills by the second. People no longer say 'bye' when finished a phone call, from my experience. they just hang up when they are done. It's brutal, and my cheerful parting message is a complete waste.
Treat the higher ups in your professional life like this. I'd love to know this works out.

Oh shit OP are you just gonna take that.

of course he will. His dad still fucks his mom and OP is 35 years old

You are a cunt. The biggest kind of cunt.

I work and sweat my ass off everyday to make due, and then someone like you comes and collects over 20% of my income, and everyone elses, and uses it for free food and healthcare.

Burn in hell with a pitchfork in your eyes.

>inb4 edgy angry user is boo-hooing

I have pride, dignity, and honor. Barring those who actually need temporary assistance, any cuck who accepts welfare instead of earning his due, any cuck who milks the system, has sold his honor and dignity as a man.

When the economy collapses because the welfare runs out, when the nukes go off, when all electricity and cars are fried, all the welfare cucks will die. They cannot work to grow food, to build their own structures, or earn their place in a primitive world. They will starve, or they will be shot. But either way, cunts like this poster. will die.

fine tuning

if we do live in one we can hack some cheat codes and be very happy for ever

>hack some cheat codes

we can , they're called drugs.

ssame faggotry as god real or ,not

stupidest shit and uselless

not really.
there are ways of testing the spatial resolution of a simulation.