Google maps

who else on Sup Forums is extremely autistic when it comes to google maps? google maps is literal entertainment for me, I am almost constantly looking at different parts of the world, going into streetview wherever it's available, looking at the urban planning of cities around the world, etc.

at this point, I could probably identify the country of a city by looking only at an unlabeled satellite image of that city

therefore I know an autistic amount of information about cities around the world, despite having never traveled to them I can comment on their design, walkability, etc

Other urls found in this thread:

radio.garden/
earth.nullschool.net/
geacron.com/home-en/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>user, how do you know that urban sprawl is THAT bad?

bitch I look at it literally every day

>tfw you truly understand the disastrous scale of wasteful unplanned uncontrolled urban sprawl because you look at it so much

ignorance really is bliss, 95% of american cities are unliveable for me since I took the red pill of urban planning

if you like maps, you would probably like doing what I do

I've actually learned quite a bit from my autistic habits

>united states of parking lots

fuck houston in particular

I unironically enjoyed this thread.

good thread

I unironically do this from time to time. I like to imagine myself a traveler or some bullshit scenario like Walking Dead while i do it

>"red pill of urban planning"

Nuke the suburbs, commie blocks now

Northern Quebec is really bizzare.
There are occasional landmarks notated on the maps like dams and forts, but if you zoom in you see that nobodies bothered to get a high res shot of it.

Northern Quebec is our local Siberian wasteland.

I'm like that except I use google earth thanks to the "new" 3D terrain and buildings automatically generated from satellite data

>our local Siberian wasteland.
Isn't like 85% of your cunt like that

>commie blocks

no thanks, I don't want my cities LE CORBUSIER'D like russia

Acropolipses now

>not browsing google earth while listening to local music, watching weather patterns and comparing historical borders
MAPS

radio.garden/
earth.nullschool.net/
geacron.com/home-en/

Tell me more google maps user, have you take a look in Mexico? Or only in your cunt and canada?

£>not living in Buenos Aires, the best urban planning of the Americas
Lmaoing @ your life

>google earth

I used to love it but my mac has a retina screen and the program itself, along with the sattelite imagery, is pixelated and that bothers my autism so I no longer use it

they gotta update that shit

T. Alberto googlebossa

Damn, I need to up my power level

yeah, I like to find cities in mexico, and latin america in general, that have colonial-era layouts in the center, usually with a plaza and old stone cathedral in the center, with red-ish roofs and what look like courtyards in the middle. always seem like the perfect way to design a city to me

pic related, guadalajara

I look at latin amerian countries a lot because I'm interested in them/want to travel to all of them one day

>cusco

I got lots of ganas to go here

>kfc catedral

>he doesn't pray to the Colonel every day

Too bad new developments in Mexico are copying our shitty suburban sprawl.

Strip malls are the most uncultured ugly burger shit that ever existed.

I think Guadalajara is one of the best destinations to go in Mexico, the weather is not that bad, perfect balance between modernity and typical mexican stuff, the women are pretty and theres lots of gays if you are into that
Cusco is not in Mexico m8

>I'm interested in them/want to travel to all of them one day
CHI

>says the mexican

>well they're americans so they probably know what they're doing

unfortunately this is how many countries think

>Cusco is not in Mexico

lo sé amigo, estaba hablando sobre LatAm por lo general

>argentina
>not an amerindian country

You looked at England?

It's a reet old mess lad.

>england

london seems pretty GOAT but it looks like the disease of american suburban-style development has infected england in other places

pic related

>Cusco
>Mexico
AMERITRASH EDUCATION

>tfw your neighborhood was laid out by building roads in random fucking directions

LOOK AT THAT FUCKING 'ROUNDABOUT'

Says the 60%

The idolizing and worship of everything American by foreigners is really cancerous.

at least there's density, road layout is asinine tho

>right behind the house
>6 minutes to drive there

just fuck my shit up

OP, rate Canberra for me.

Today parking lots, tomorrow new skyscrapers.

I guess you would like Antigua Guatemala. Granada in Nicaragua too.

forgot pic

>canberra

looks like a typical american city from sattelite, except the road layout is actually planned.

3/10, it's probably clean but definitely wouldn't live

FUCK forgot pic again

>antigua guatemala

yep that's on my list of places to visit

OP what American city would you recommend? I live in SoCal, and want to move to Long Beach. It's the best I can find without leaving home.

wish i had a cosy house down Old Quarry 2bh

oh my god thats hilarious

>SoCal
I hate american english so much to be honest mates

if money was no option, NYC or san francisco. they both have insane sprawling conurbations but there are really nice, walkable, multi-zoned urban areas that are ideal for an urbanist lifestyle

when I get out of the rural midwest after college I'll prob move to chicago, mostly because the majority of my friends are gonna live there. it's not as good as nyc or san fran in terms of climate, but it's much MUCH cheaper

>not as good as nyc or san fran in terms of climate
get ready for 100 degree summers and -20 degree winters

Been to Chicago a few times. Used to be a much nicer unfortunately. Don't think I could stand it there, it gets way too fucking cold.

when you live in California it gets annoying to type "Southern California" every single time my inbred amigo

yep well I'd rather live through brutal winters with an established social circle than be in a brand new city without one

finding meaningful social relationships while living alone in a brand new city is quite difficult

There's something eerie about Japan, it looks so organic yet so artificial at the same time.

I usually do it. I like to use the street view, a few years ago I found an old guy with a prostitute in akihabara.

Some regions look like wastelands in Google Maps. Bing Maps are better for satellite imagery.

I'm doing my final year of college in Darmstadt Germany. Looks pretty comfy from Google maps. Know anything about it?

I found a art

no

are you me? i do this every day

Google Earth gives me hope that this world isn't so bad

1. powerful program
2. gratis from the developer

It's awesome.

this is a nice thread.
i do look to cities from google earth by myself too.
me and my best friend had a dream to travel the world together.he's educated from the university and started to traveling the world now.and im stuck in my home trying to finish highschool while going to my labory job everyday.
so yeah im trying to satisfy my self by looking at these cities since i can't go them by myself

that's fucking amazing.

I can't draw a circle that perfect with pen and paper, imagine that.