of boredom

AND YOU BRING THIS POOR DOG IN FROM THE RAIN

>this is what passes for a crowd at a metal show these days

Is it one of those popmetal bands?

POPMETAL then
popmetal now

SAY IS THAT RAIN OR ARE THOSE TEARS THAT STAINED YOUR CONCRETE FACE FOR YEARS

I SHED THE BLOOD OF THE SAXON MEN

Couple good ones. Couple hilariously bad ones, couple roller coasts of hilariously bad into pretty good.

this niggas face
look at all that disgust

Ok, it wasn't that bad

>this isn't manowar i was tricked by that goblin that sold me these tickets

Korn is a good album.

I heard one or two songs on MusicChoice a week ago, I knew it was Metallica, but didn't know it was new. Sounds like 80s Metallica.

what.cd is down, where do i get my rare shit from now.

>rare shit
How about anything that isn't absolute main stream metal now? Even shit in top 10 lists are kind of hard to find because metal isn't all that popular.

>thats not kvlt, none of this is kvlt, what the fuck is going on

>tfw to clever for djent

>all those collages are dead because most of them were found on what

Feeling pretty empty now senpai.

Meanwhile this album is fucking good.

>tfw they will never make anything like this again
youtube.com/watch?v=81Jlo6wWqQ8

>they will never make anything like Biosphere again

Are there any modern melodeath bands that don't try to be prog or atmoshit or aren't drownned in keyboards

Listening to it now, its not bad actually have enjoyed each song so far

>that don't try to be prog or atmoshit
Sure, Children of Bodom, Kalmah, Wintersu-
>or aren't drowned in keyboards
Nevermind

>tfw he will die anyday now

I dont think I'll able to take it

he already died fool

Horrendous?

>literally Weeaboo Children of Bodom
Why is this so fun
youtube.com/watch?v=AuDKqaqdhH8

What's the best tool album that isn't Lateralus, 10,000 Days, or Ænima

Anyone know of comfy metal similar to Panopticon, Saor and/or Obsequiae? Been having trouble finding some good stuff

You need some Aquilus in your life m8

>its been 4 years since wintersun's time part 1

wheres part 2 you finnish fucks

That's a guy, right?

Kek check their Facebook feed even the fans are shitting on him

i can bee your trap

People stopped giving Jari the benefit of the doubt after the sauna incident

My hair looks and feels better and i have next to no hair drop now than it did this time last year

metal for this feel

Post some casual filters, /metal/

Nigga please

I can't decide if that's the best or the worst album cover of all time

He's resorted to "trold u guys xd" posts as damage control. It's genuinely pitiful.

There was a TIME (AHAHAHAHAHHAHA) that I worshiped Jari and thought he was the greatest musician on earth.
Then I graduated highschool, started listening to black metal and watched him release Time I and be fucking retarded for 4 years after that

Shit lads, the more I listen to Lars and the boys' new album, the more I'm digging it

The music videos are kind of cringy though

dark-world.ru has a lot of obscure shit

Seeing Vektor tonight, time to get memed.

Why does no one here ever talk about Anthrax or Testament.

boring

>2 of the greatest thrash bands of all time
you must be 18 to post here

Is this the most Finnish album of all time?

someone on SA said they play the entirety of their new album and a 3 song encore of old stuff

yes.

seems like really is gonna get memed

>Vektor- Terminal Redux

Give me some death metal with comfy melodies.

I really shouldn't have watched any of them. I saw THAT ONE, and now I don't think I'll sleep for days. It's worse than the first time I saw a Darkthrone CD in a shopping mall record store.
Why do I feel like someone violated my little sister? I should just not care, I should just ignore it, but I know I won't.

lol triggered

you remind me of the Sup Forumsirgins who got assblasted about Conan O'Brien making fun of Final Fantasy recently

not the guy you were replying to but I'm sure as shit triggered, fucking sellout Metallica doing a near cringeworthy Mayhem parody as a video for a song from their latest cash-in.

wat

I'm actually feeling physical discomfort from this asspain. It's really strange. It's kind of good to know that I'm not the only one triggered, though.

That's...not what that video was at all.

It's a glorified teaser trailer for Lords of Chaos, directed by Bathory's drummer..

then why does metallica get thrown into that? why a fucking new metallica song instead of Freezing Moon or something?

Because when Metallica approach 12 different famous music video directors, of which Jonas Åkerlund was one of, that is the perfect time to drop a teaser for your upcoming metal film, especially when you can tell Metallica they don't even need to show up for filming.

The people in the video are the stars of the movie. I'm sure the movie will be terrible, but this wasn't a parody.

I would have reacted better to an honest parody. Instead, it is an accidental parody.

Somebody has to do the soundtrack, and no one who was actually there wants anything to do with the movie.

Metallica is just grabbing for the spotlight. They hopped on the bandwagon of sanitized, safe black metal and metal-lite products.

I'm reasonably sure that there will not be a single Norwegian song from 1989-1995 on there at all, it will all be modern music.

I disagree with that second part.

I'm sure they will use period music, considering a literal BM legend is the director

>I'm reasonably sure that there will not be a single Norwegian song from 1989-1995 on there at all, it will all be modern music.
If they do this I'll find every last copy of the movie and hold a mass-burning of them.

>considering a literal BM legend is the director
ummm how is he a "legend"?

>guy drums on one Bathory album
>no further input into the black metal scene
>Quorthon dies, Akelund is suddenly a 'legend' because there is nobody there to tell why he only made one recording
Also,
>swede making a movie about norwegian teenagers who went to sweden to commit arson on swedish metal band homes and the only cool swede fled to norway

He's not a legend. No one cared about him except his friends. Now he is just milking his previous association with Quarthon for street cred.

If there is some music owned by a label and not by the band, then we may see some vintage music there.

The one record was Bathory's debut, that's a pretty fucking amazing album if you ask me

Also again to reiterate, I agree the movie will be fucking awful.

Not really good songs, but some ok NWOBM riffs, with the playing style and guitar tone modernized a bit. I mean, it wouldn't make sense for them to still play MOP riffs in 2016. That would be silly and extremely out of date.

Yes, it is a bloody killer album. But really, I've only seem him have 'legend' status since the hype started for this shitball of a movie. Nobody was fucking mentioning him in the 90s.
I don't know the guy personally, it's not really a slam on him.. just the Hollywood machine.

I'd probably have way less of an irritated rectum if I weren't a history fag.

I'm still going to pirate it and watch it; and then of course I'm going to sit my fat bearded arse down on the internet and complain about it.

I'm still surprised over how a single Metallica music video can leave me in such physical pain and agitation, though. I have another 9 hours before I can get into a liquor store, damn it.

How good is Hardwired?

Depends. Do you enjoy hearing the same simple three power chord riff for an hour, then you probably will. The only people that can enjoy this are idiots who can't play an instrument.

True, it's not like he was revered until recently. I guess the movie announcement just brought some focus onto him and people are now like, oh yeah, I guess you are a pretty important dude to BM at large.
Tbh I give him more credit than someone like Cronus for influencing BM. Much less than a Tom Warior though, that's for sure.

I'm a big BM history autist as well and 100% believe this movie will be hot garbage, I just have some hope that it will have a decent soundtrack.

So this is kind of like a rock opera right?

After reading the lyrics and listening through a few times I'm finally grasping some of the complexity. Good shit. I would have honestly given up first listen without you guys pushing it

I wouldn't call it an opera, it's really just a well laid out concept album. It's no different than Crack the Skye, Vessels, or Winters Gate. There are tons of bands with full stories throughout the albums lyrics.

well shit we broke him

who /gloryhammer/ here

Is there anything good that's very similar to Iced Earth in general?

What is The Nutshack of metal?

The Astonishing

>Gets a new bassist that can channel Cliff almost flawlessly
>Makes him nearly inaudible

What exactly IS a big boy riff?

an example:
youtu.be/EZyaeHOFsOM?t=1m5s

The drumming on Korn's earlier albums was underrated

youtube.com/watch?v=FpF8Wa2yQH0

Get a new stereo faggot. Fuck sake

Not much else to say about Anthrax, they're one of the biggest metal bands there are.
Testament are the best melodic thrash metal band not in the big four, though.

Thrash Queen
Or if you'd prefer something related to the ghetto aesthetic of The Nutshack, nu metal in general.

m.soundcloud.com/midvinterblot/horgr

God, this album is fucking great. One of the first bands I listened to that got me into metal.