Will it work?

Will it work?

no

...?

Yes, and waterflow will increase with an increase of speed.

Build one and try it in the middle of the ocean, then report back.

Haha no, good way to sink a boat though.

It'll help to have some sort of funnel at the water intake end.

How would you even get the boat to go forward? There's no outboard?

The weight from the boat causing displacement in the water would force that pressure out the back, causing a forward momentum adding to the force of water exiting from the rear, thus resulting in addition momentum ad infinitum.

In other words...

INFINITE

VELOCITY

It would float but the water wouldn't go up the tube like that unless it was moving forward. Even then the water isn't flowing into the boat so it wouldn't sink.

Even if it did work, what's the point of funnelling water through the middle of the vessel?

You would create more friction and have a stupid waterfall out the back.

You would also just add a ton of weight to the boat and be sinking the rear end.

communicating vessels

Does anyone here know how boats work?

why

water will only go as high as the water level outside of the boat it wont leave the end of the cone

Because I do

theire lighter than air

not a waterfall. The cone is very narrow, it produces thrust

OP states "very narrow".
There's no real scale here.
If the tube/cone is narrow enough, you will get water moving up it via capillary action.
This would not move the boat however.

True, the boat would sink because when the water in the pipe got to the level of the walls of the boat, the water would start pouring in.

im pretty sure the point of the drawing is to make you think, not to actually try to make a vessel like this

what kind of boat? Like a little row boat?

How much pressure do you think it's going to create numbnuts

Someone 3d print one!

what about now?

>Pascal's Law

it can be narrowed enough to make faroward movement

fixed it for you

Could possibly spin an altnater permanently charging a car battery that powers a trolling motor?

Let's have a look

what the fuck is that

Still no, it would not create any thrust because both the intake and outtake ends would be underwater. It's like putting a pipe into a pool, water will not flow through the pipe in one direction more than another.

yewh, I get you

Let's try Chapter 24.

Well it would depend on weight and water displacement oh the hull if it would float. But it wouldn't be that difficult to accomplish. You would need something more than a hole to catch the water. Like just any outcrop at the bottom that allows the water to catch. It depends on how fast you are going and how big the hole is to determine weather or not water will come out the top. It would add no benifit, depending on the size it might create a notable amount of drag. But I guess it might look, which if that is you goal then yes it will work.

only goes as high as the water outside. even if it were completely submerged there would be no pressure variant to create thrust

Here we go

Congratulations. You just made a very crude impractical jetski.

So your saying this won't work without some sort of pump?

how about this. box is a pump.

That seems unreasonably limited; I'm dead sure there are other solutions. Is your textbook a fascist manual, printed during the cold war?

Fucking autists ITT.

If it was worth doing, it would have been invented already.

That's not a good attitude to have towards inventing things.

what about this then. now sharks = propulsion

That was the overview kid.

Here we go.

Alright then smarty pants, name 2 more.

what about

MECHANICAL
SHARKS

>Put chum in the air tube
>Sharks swim towards Chum
>????
>Profit

Okay, good, so what was the takeaway. were going to use a clamshell deflector & squirt it out the back. high pressure in front of & below the deflector, low pressure above/in back, so the boat wuill move

do you mean a jet boat

Cant tell of this is bait or op is just an absolute fucking retard

Underrated post

paddle power bitch

THE WIND POWER GROWS THE FASTER YOU GO
YOU GO FASTER AS THE WIND POWER GROWS

INFINITE

VELOCITY

this is not how we do it in new zealand

Not only would the wind need to be strong enough to push currents of water that deep, but also that design would make the boat tip over

I think you've taken the information provided, set it aside and taken your own path here.

You've got to get out of mediocre high school thinking here.

>Types of Propulsion (Drivelines)
>Drivelines

Where the fuck is the drive line on a paddle?

I think I've found a viable solution

I do nazi how this would work.

No, the paddle works with an inert fulcrum. Transfer of power is balanced & does not alter the angle of attack.

Wait... what are you subhumans blabbering on about?

  ▲
▲ ▲

I see how the two lines above the one magnet provide stability for the boat. Well done.

Of course it would just pretend that's a boat and when boats have holes the water comes thru and they sink. But in this case the water is being pushed up a funnel. Therefore it would just trickle out I believe. Good source of renewable energy I think.

this user gets it

So the narrow tube in the middle will enable the Hamilton turn, letting the boat spin around quick without the wide radius shit a lot of boats put up with.

the narrow cone let's the water go out the back. therefore it doesn't leak in the boat but pushes it forwardfs

God damn everyone in here is autistic the boat wouldnt sink because of a tube in the middle and it wouldnt be propelled because the air pressure would keep it at the same level as the rest of the water if the physics show by op were real the ocean would be floating above the sky

Give this man a cookie

Gravitational potential energy fucktards

If stationary, then yes

one half of the boat seems to have more mass. so the difference forces water up the tube?

This. /thread idiots.

surely a sail boat would be more efficient?

Drop a straw in your drink. Does liquid shoot out the top? There you go.

yes i design ships. no bullshit. ama

and no this wouldnt work

going up against the wind, no canvas to spare. plenty of wood scrap, and sea dogs to make it work, though. there is a handle on the fulcrum that a man can turn, for extra torque. look real close...

boat's displacement will force water up the tube. propulsion will exist but is minimal