Degenerate depression memes thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/hSp8IyaKCs0
youtube.com/watch?v=UjZYMI1zB9s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Kek

F U C K
M E

Why is this depressing? Look at that great big smile on his fac oh yeah right, the horrible shell shock.

jeez

Someone explain this to me

First World War soldier with shell shock.

Shell shock aka PTSD

Call me dumb but,
still doesn't explain the smile

Have a sad pepe :(

He's smiling because he's having a sort of breakdown. It's a crazy smile, look at his eyes. He's been through hell,

the man is completely broken. gone

you're dumb

It does, to an extent. Ever seen saving private ryan? Where Tom Hanks stops on the shore to just look around? That's shell shock. Your brain is confused with your body and is having a sort of "Sensory overload" You just can't keep up with the present so you shut down and begin to have a breakdown. He's smiling probably to cope, I assume.

That too ^

Then look into a mirror, idiot.

He's smiling because he's having a complete mental breakdown. The only other thing that comes close is the WW2 100 yard stare.

me on Sup Forums

Oh god this hits hard

Now it makes more sense.

Well said. It's a reflex, I know people that have laughed hysterically at funerals. The human brain is a strange thing, and with something as traumatic as war, well, you get pic related

youtu.be/hSp8IyaKCs0

Agreed, Pinkguy.

Post you potatoes

I don't smoke but that shit hurt

>/r/me_irl before it turned to shitposting

I live in a constant state of fear and misery.....

Too close to home.

Do you miss me, anymore?...

this is from the Steam Dota2 movie that came out. i forget what it's called. i would suggest watching it. it's an interesting story.

A lot of those at the top of the thread struck pretty close to home for me.

*sigh* Give me one reason to live. One. That's all I ask.

Thank you. Miss this guy...

If you aren't happy why are they.
Your reason to live is to make people feel like you.
Boom
Join me

And I don't even notice when it hurts anymore...

An old lecturer of mine said that he was friends with a British soldier who had returned from war, and while he was over there his best friend was shot in the face right in front of him.

He started laughing uncontrollably as soon as it happened. He said he could never understand why he did, and because of that he felt responsible for his death (survivors guilt).

There was no way he could've saved him or prevented it, but because he laughed, he felt like it was his fault somehow.

Yeah, that's a solid example of the thousand yard stare. You can tell the guy has seen some shit, but he's JUST strong enough to hold it together.

The scary thing is he's also just one step away from breaking. And I wouldn't want to be anywhere near when that happens.

Every time I see that it hits the feels as if it were the first time...

Regarding shell shock, here's a picture of a veteran hiding from a fireworks show and covering their ears. This is what combat can do to the human mind. If you're thinking about joining the military, and going into a branch/position that involves serious combat. I'd advise against it.You won't return the same, if you return at all.

That in the end, you're yourself. Every day at school I have to put up a facade to be "in", to be "hip". I have to act like a degenerate monkey to get others to notice me, and I still haven't asked out my crush due to me being afraid she will recognize me as "the Sup Forumstard/". I can't be who I want to be because people will forget about me, and if I go down this path, eventually they'll block me off because thy think I'm a pyscho. So here I am, on Sup Forums.

>Thousand yard stare
Wikipedia it

OP Here
I can't tell you how much what he said is important
I'm a sandnigger from Iraq and you have no idea how destructive real war is.
I survived only to wonder why didn't I just starve in that desert in Mousil or get shot in Baghdad and just end all the misery.

>this kills the crab

Kek

Can I tell you all a story?

Ye

Fuck that is always depressing as virgins fucking.

Man right in the feels

>turns you into
Nah. It just exposes people for what they are.

its called free to play if anyone is interested
youtube.com/watch?v=UjZYMI1zB9s

Fuck, man. Fuck.

>female
>pog
>hiding from fireworks
stahp.

Pls do