youtube.com/watch?v=UuH9JRetATA
youtube.com/watch?v=uM8ZDHvlJt0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

cocain and the reason you cant drive from alaska to argentina

Dispenser goes here

>the reason you cant drive from alaska to argentina
Why?

what? a lot of people have done it neckbeard

The FARC kidnaps you in the jungle on the way there.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darién_Gap

Are colombians posters sleeping?

I think he means the gap in Panama and Colombia, where the raiforest prevents the joint of the Panamericana highway

he is right

the darien shithole next to Panama has no roads, that interrupts the panamerican highway.

Depravity, murders, drugs, intolerance, stupidity, corruption....

Just the usual things, you know.

Is it True that Colombians don't do lots of Cocaine?

dis boi

What about the good things?

youtube.com/watch?v=OJM8yJTn_I0

There are no such things

Are you sure?

yes, we only smoke da bud

nonsenseless happiness, qt girls, cool nature and animals, there is a lot to see here 2bh

Are colombians nice to foreigners?

Yes, a lot

>qt girls
You seriously are high in this moment

And as for the rest, "happiness" is the result of the efforts made by people to not thing in the real situation of this shithole. Anyone who opened their eyes to it would need to live on depressants to keep going.

And nature, animals and landscapes are not inherent to the attitude and behavior of the population.

Jesus christ, shut the fuck up i'm not even going to bother on reading all that shit you wrote, no one cares about your shit

What part of Colombia are you from?

People fear that making a road there would destroy the enviroment.

Medellin

What are the most interesting places and things to do in Medellin?

Only when they want you to compliment them.

When the press, for example, interviews a foreigner, they always ask the obligatory question that begs for compliments: "What do you think about Colombia". No matter if the topic being discussed has nothing to do with the country.

Everyday people are like that too. They will always "treat" you well and make their utmost effort to please you so when they ask "how do you feel here?" ("do you feel at home?") "what do you think about Colombia?", then brag about "how nice Colombians are and how marvelous Colombia is" on an "article" published on a local news-rag or all over internet.

Thank you for going against the grain. The fucking self loathing faggotry by Latin Americans is so annoying and stale on this board.

You have computers and internet you whiny fucks, you're better off than half the worlds population. Stop idolizing America, it's not a utopia, and materialism is meme shit that won't make you happy.

What happens if the person says "I don't this place and colombians"?

The Pueblito Paisa, museums, nightlife is great, you can mount in MetroCable (just like the one there is in Rio), there is also a lot of natural parks, a lot of hills where you can see the whole city, zoos, and many other things that i may been missing

The comunas (Medellin slums) or any vestige of Pablo Escobar's existence.

Those are the only things they have going for themselves.

>imb4 muh most innovative city in the world
Celebrating bought awards....lel

They would probably tell you to shut fuck up and some other insults, or just ask you why, depends on who you tell that to

How is cost of living of Medellin?

What part of Colombia are you guys from?

It really depends, basic things are pretty cheap, but foreign and luxury stuff may be a little bit more expensive, still not too much, rent and food and basic services are cheap

The hyper patriotic "my country can do no wrong" Colombians are ironically the biggest pro american shills on the planet. It's how they marry these two delusions so that the country being almost a puppet state doesn't bother them.

They will probably tell you "then, what are you doing here? Get the fuck off, hijoeputa" or just threaten to kill you (there are a lot of this kind of people here who get overly butthurt when you say something they don't like about this place, even if it's true, and they always respond to critics by threatening to kill you")

What behaviors yous guys think it's offensive?

Can you give some examples? I don't really know what type of behavior you're refering to
Also, are you planning on moving here?

How is Medellin? Is it sprawly and auto-centric or dense and more walkable/transit-oriented?

I would say somewhere between those two, the transportation system is good but at working hours it's very full and having a car is a huge advantage but sometimes there is a lot of traffic, some people just use both depending the time and where are they going to

>have spanish lesson in early secondary school
>teacher is colombian-born brit
>she pulls up a map of colombia
>"now class, can anybody tell me what colombia is famous for"
>class is deathly silent for a few minutes
>"oh come on class, i'm sure you know what i'm talking about"
>this is a class of 11 year olds
>silence for another few minutes
>"no one got it? well let me tell you. colombia is world famous for...cocaine"
>pulls up a picture of a guy doing cocaine
>proceeds to spend the rest of the lesson teaching us drug related terms in spanish and shows us a documentary about escobar
she was an odd woman

According to what my local media ever presented, beatiful natural landscapes, even better looking women and big possibilities of getting murdered by drug lords if you stumble upon their things

what the fuck

I don't know how to explain it, but I'll give an exemple.
Irish people think it's offensive to mock their accent

>are you planning on moving here?
No, but I'm planning to visit Colombia in my next vacation.

b-but Facebook killed FARC

There is a strong stigma against cocaine. Narcos probably use it, idk.
People in their late teens love weed.

Colombians also don't drink a lot of coffee relative to americans or europeans too.

I don't really know if i'm honest, we don't have many taboos or anything like that, i guess you shouldn't talk about Pablo but there's nothing else that i can think right now

You can't criticize the army. Also Bolivar is basically a minor deity there, so he's also beyond reproach.

Is Medellin a violent place?

No, its crime rate is lower than most Brazilian cities. Even lower than southern Brazilian cities like Curitiba and Porto alegre
worldatlas.com/articles/most-dangerous-cities-in-the-world.html

That depends on where you go, poor areas are very violent but the city in overall is okay, probably no the most peaceful city in the world but you won't have any problem if you don't walk around aroung a dangerous area, i guess it's the same in Brazil for example

The usual things: people work, drive cars, there are cities, buildings, variety of landscapes and weather, etc.... This place is not that different from Brazil tbqhwypham

Bolivar is quite worshipped in Venezuela m8. Over here, people don't care too much about him

The greatest problem in my life is not a lack or safety, or poverty. Its boredom.
Bogotá is so fucking boring, holy shit.
/ourgirl/
>you can't criticize the army
Depends on the ideological background of the person. You can go from military worshippers through people thinking that they are inefficient to people that hate anything army related.
>Bolívar is a minor deity
Huh? Most people don't really know his life. Everyone knows that he was the liberator and maybe some trivia, but not much more, and nobody cares that much.
>stumble upon their things
You'd have to be actively looking for those things.

What do you guys think about Cali, Bogota, Barranquilla and Cartagena?

>Depends on the ideological background of the person. You can go from military worshippers through people thinking that they are inefficient to people that hate anything army related.
Is your military very effective? Has it been modernized?

I never seen cocaine in my life.
Probably it's difficult to get and very expensive (their target are the foreigners)

I know, but never underestimate human stupidity. All it takes is some moron who romanticized Narcos in his stupid mind and wants to see the things up close and personal

Or some edgy journalist

Wrong, all my family love coffe, they drink it every time they can , here we call it ´´Tinto´´ (It's just coffe with water and sugar).

>Bogota is boring
Dude, we get world class events every year. Maybe you can't afford them though. Also, there are lots of parks, shopping malls, cultural centers, nearby little cozy towns, etc....

Don't forget the Bronx

They don't care in a proactive sense. But bring up that you think he fucked up some things and people there get pretty irate.
>army
I agree that people have different opinions. But guess who has the power amongst those that have a pro army stance. Not to mention that if you don't read the mood well and make that kind of comment you're in for a bad time.
>bogota
I think most people tacitly agree it's boring and that's why everyone fucks off to their vacation homes over the weekend and holidays or to a relative that lives in an exotic home instead of staying there.

Kek, if this is real probably she was ´´Paisa´´ (A woman from Medellin).
I imagine her praising ´´al patron´´

>Cali
Most beautiful girls of this country but quite dangerous
> Barranquilla
Outstanding city. The north side looks like Miami
> Cartagena
Expensive as fuck but amazing and enchanting nonetheless
> bogota
Horrid traffic but other than that it is great. The weather is comfy as fuck although it rains quite frequently

I'm talking relative to everyone else m8. Brazilians drink more coffee on average.

>Cali
Well Cali is a very dangerous city but i like their culture and the people is very friendly
>Barranquilla and Cartagena
If you want beaches that's where you want to go, they also have a lot of tourism so expect everything to be more expensive, Cartagena has the old city which is one of the best areas for tourism
>Bogota
Well i'm from Medellin so it's very hard for me to give an honest opinion about them, but it's also a cool city i guess, they have the Gold Museum and a church in a salt mine (pic related) so you might want to see that

I don't know if you're from bogota, but the Bronx was demolished like 6 months ago. It doesn't exist anymore

>world class events
The music festivals suck and the art shows feel like boring retreads populated by trust fund kids.

Peñalosa did not nothing wrong (Except Transmilenio)

>The music festivals suck
Where do you go?

>has it been modernized
Spending is high and aided by the US, but I'm no /k/ommando, so idk if the investment was effective. I usually hear about Colombia being a good advisor when it comes to counter insurgence.

That said, for years the army was criticized for all kinds of shady stuff, and recently the last presindent diminished the assertiveness of the military policy, so there are critics for it doing to much or too little.

What's your guy's MBT? Do you use our M1 Abrams?

Rock al parque was the biggest thing that happened while I was there. Let's just say you compare that lineup to this and it becomes clear "world class" might be tooting your own horn too much.

Why does most of the population live in the mountainous areas, and not the coast?

My man, have you ever heard about stereo picnic? Rock al parque can't even compete

What are the best dishes of Colombian cuisine?

It's been an open secret since the 90s that shitty helicopters get bought at exorbitant prices. For "defence" purposes of course. Never mind the people overseeing these exchanges getting suddenly richer.

The highlands enjoy temperate weather. Most of us cannot stand the heat and humidity of the coastal lowland cities

I only care about the iberoamerican theatre thingy, but its only every 2 years.
>malls
Fucking normie, etc.
Also, consumerism.
>parks
Cute but boring
>cultural centers
You have a point, I have to admit I'm discouraged from going to the Luis Angel because of the traffic.
>towns
Those are no longer Bogotá :^)

Bandeja paisa (feijoada), arepa, ajiaco, sancocho, mondongo, pescado frito on the coast, tamales, empanadas,, etc... search Colombian cuisine on Wikipedia for more detailed info

Just looked it up now. It's a stronger lineup but way less acts.

I'm going to be honest with you in this, colombian cuisine is not the best, buy anyways, you might enjoy Bandeja Paisa which is the most traditional dish in Medellin, i also like Tamales, Lechona, Cazuela de Mariscos and Ajiaco
You might also want to eat Patacones and Arepas rellenas it's mostly street food but are very delicious

Colombians are bro tier, all the ones I have met here are very nice people

>discouraged because of the traffic
What is Transmi or even fucking Uber during non-rush hours?

My two final questions: could you recommend me some colombian music?
(Any genre)

And could you recommend me some colombian movies? (Any genre)

Ever hear about all the scary parasitic subtropical illnesses of 3rd world countries?
They don't thrive in the mountains. The climate is also much nicer, specially if you're an european settler.

>transmi
It's a fucking nightmare. I'm surprised at how fucking passive Colombians are in not demanding a proper transit system in a city so overrun with people who are so dependent on public transport.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Army_of_Colombia

>music
Insert some reggaeton shitty track
>movies
Ugh user. This is a tough one. El abrazo de la serpiente is a good one. It was nominated to the oscars this year

>music
Look for musica llanera (shared with Venezuela), bambuco and TRADITIONAL colombian cumbia.
This guy gives a brief and sweet introduction to the main styles of each region: solar.physics.montana.edu/munoz/AboutMe/ColombianMusic/index.html
>movies
La estrategia del caracol, I guess.
I look up to you CR senpai

I think it's also because most spaniards who settled here where people who already lived in the mountains back home

Salsa is the biggest genre in the whole country, i think it's pretty similar to brazilian music
youtube.com/watch?v=H3iherJOSBc
youtube.com/watch?v=8miFQyTSDic
youtube.com/watch?v=Ufa4WglEZ30

Guascas is very traditional in Antioquia (where Medellin is located) but only people from old towns listen to it
youtube.com/watch?v=SzEVufKOYgY

And there is also cumbia
youtube.com/watch?v=UuH9JRetATA
youtube.com/watch?v=uM8ZDHvlJt0

I don't know about movies, you should probably ask in Sup Forums

Thanks, you guys are awesome

The indigenous people already had the highest population densities there. When the Spainiards fucked/killed most of them out from existence they simply took these regions.

What should I do to be called a gonorrea malparido?

Tricking an old paisa lady with fear of heights to ride the metrocable.