Newly enlisted U.S Army soldier. Any pointers to give before I go to Basic Training ?

Newly enlisted U.S Army soldier. Any pointers to give before I go to Basic Training ?

Don't be too high speed for your own good, and you won't be a soldier until after AIT

Just keep your head down and don't stand out until you get to your unit! The only way you should stand out is for PT or marksmanship. Remember when you go back home that you're not a home town hero until you deploy in a combat setting and come back

Hey, I'm signing up at the end of July and going for infantry. Maybe we'll see each other and kill some kebabs together my Sup Forumsrother

I'm waiting to go to meps for a physical. Had some shit to do on a med read. Hopefully get approved for an automatic waiver. This is all for the Navy but do you think if they don't approve me the Army will?

Not unless hes a reservist

No way same man I'll hopefully see you Sup Forumsro I leave on September 22nd. We'll be going to Georgia in Fort..Benning ?? I forgot the name haha..I'm mostly excited for killing some Allahu Akbar Mother fuckers

>if you have a girlfriend, get one last fuck in before you ship off then break up with her
Dont worry, youll meat some skanky cunt in AIT who will so anything to make your cock explode in their mouth.

Meet*

No i mean meat as in your meat
Like verb
Like dick
Im going to meat your girlfriend hard
Im going to dick your girlfriend hard

Didn't have to tell me twice

1) Make sure you can do 20 pushups without pause
2) Make sure you can at least jog(if not run) 3 miles with 28lbs on ya back
3) Don't piss the DI off on day 1
4) Drink shittons of water

Dont buy condoms at the PX

One idiot did and the drill sergeants made him wear them as socks for PT

short, controlled bursts

Kill the Japs

>2) Make sure you can at least jog(if not run) 3 miles with 28lbs on ya back

What? APFT is 2 miles without a load, and no one runs on a ruckmarch because shit breaks.

Save the nutri-grain bars. They are worth lots of money

That's handy as fuck to know thank you

>20 pushups without pause
Rests are authorized
>jog with 28 lbs on your back
Thats how you fuck your ankles up
>DI
This isnt the marines he's joining
>drink shittons of water
Probably the only legit piece of advice youve given this poor bastard

You werent in the army. You make it too obvious

Thats gold bruh

When I did Basic (1988) the final week we had a 3 mile timed run/jog with a SM ALICE pack that was weighed to be exactly 28lbs
If ya gonna train before ya start might as well train to the final specs

dont stare at the sergent major's massive boobies

I bet your back looks like a broken slinky for that

You're going to shower with dudes day one. Don't boner

My drill made us do group push-ups while naked waiting for turn at showers to break us of the embarrassment. By day five nobody gave a fuck one dude liked it so much they gave him his own shower

Basic is kind of a joke tbh. I did 8 years active and 16 after that as a reservist, went in enlisted as a kid, retired as a major. I'll boil this down:

*practice pushups with perfect form. If you can actually meet army PT standards BEFORE you go, it'll be so, so much easier.

*in the army, PT is really a big deal. People who have high scores get the best treatment in any unit they are in. Better treatment and chances for promotion. People with low scores are treated as lesser orders of being. It's wrong in my opinion but that's the way it is.

*To that end, I'd get a workout plan from your recruiter or online, and actually do it and stick to it until you go. You'll be very glad if you did.

*Lastly, enjoy your time in basic. You'll probably make some very good friends. Some of my guys I'm still in touch with all these decades later believe it or not. Basic is not really all that hard . . .

*try to get your hands on a TRAINING SCHEDULE in basic. Without it, you'll have zero clue from one day to the next if you are road marching, going to some dumb class, etc etc. It's really hard to understand what's happening that way, and if the army still does it like that, I think it's stupid. Your platoon guide may have the schedule, or you could get the balls to ask a drill sergeant to see it. You won't believe how much easier it makes your life. Knowledge is power man.

Don't get caught with them though.

When the drill sergeant screams at you, pull out your stress card.
If he smacks it out of your hands, then youre fucked

Stress cards were a test and didn't last two cycles

Water. You're gonna need loads of it. LOADS.

you're not a soldier until you get to your first command you fucking faggot. AT LEAST until you get done with botocamp

Don't laugh, don't smile, think generic army thoughts.

If you can get past shark attack without crying you're good, and if you can get through white phase without most of the Cadre learning your name you're golden

God I fucking hope so. Can't wait to kill some mudslimes. I also know that I'm going to try to keep a piece of evey kill I get

>you're not a soldier until you get to your first command you fucking faggot. AT LEAST until you get done with botocamp

the army has basic training, not "boot camp," and perhaps overgenerously, calls its trainees soldiers from day one. You could make a case that this cheapens the brand, on the other hand, it gives you something to live up to, assuming you give a fuck about what you are trying to accomplish.

Have no emotions. Keep your kind set to only getting the job done. There is no such thing as getting through the army with luck, it doesn't exist over there. You're going to need to be prepaired to set your mind to an entire different person.

>retired as a major.
Sir, I'm going to have to call bullshit on that

I'd ask for your name incase we meet, but that's not a good idea on this website

>God I fucking hope so. Can't wait to kill some mudslimes. I also know that I'm going to try to keep a piece of evey kill I get

bad news: you're a few years too late to have much opportunity to "kill mudslimes" and "keep a piece of every kill you get."

good news: you're probably a bragging pussy who will not have the opportunity to show you are really a coward, AND, you will live a long life in which you can make empty and stupid brags about being a combat soldier.

from the reserves . . . why bullshit

I don't know if I'd feel comfortable around you anymore...

Just give last names and middle so that if you meet a "pvt.user." Just a mention a middle name. Of they react then you'll know you're both degenerate b/tards and can jerk each other off

Don't volunteer for anything

make sure you can pass the physical test standards now....or you'll be miserable

1. Dont try to mail ammunition home... or smuggle it from the range for that matter

2. Dont buy condoms from the PX

3. Dont call the drill sergeant "dude"

4. Dont try to make shanks out of the screws in your bunks

5. Dont jerk off in the showers

6. Dont fake a seizure

7. Dont fake a heat stroke

8. Dont go to a "massage parlor" on family day ir if you get an off-post pass

9. Dont snort the cera lite in front of the drill sgts

10. Dont shit in someone else's bed

11. Dont point your weapon at anybody

12. Dont rest the barrel of your weapon on your boot

As long as you dont do any of this stupid shit that the other idiots did, basic training will go by smoothly

I love you guys.

Killing?
Dude, you're probably not going to even get a single kill, depending on what role you take in the army.
Even if you end up as a boots on ground guy, you're gonna be mostly patroling and doing nothing for most of the days.

I only have a couple pieces that might help. I went through naval bootcamp so it probably wasnt as rigorous but either way. Don't try to fly under or over the radar. Just coast. Try and get a bootcamp job as soon as possible. Dont be ashamed about showering with a bunch of naked men, they all probably feel the same as you. Most importantly, be respectful to everyone.

Actually correct army chicks are sluts fucked 3 while in AIT

Op the best advice I can give you is simple. Don't expect any handshakes or pat on the back. You will climb over obstacles physical and metaphorical. Nobody is going to kiss your ass so just accept it now. You're doing it for you.

What's your MOS?

OP first thing you gotta do if find the biggest fucker in there and beat the shit out of him, then the other inmates will respect you... wait that's prison... forget what I said.

This is a good mind set to have going in.

Kik is StillYoungandWild ...probably the riskiest shit I'll do on this site is give out my kik

Yeah you'd be lucky if you racked up a kill in your first couple of years

>Any pointers to give before I go to Basic Training ?

Get in really good shape BEFORE you go.

Lol thats it? 20 pushups and rests are authorized? Jogging with a little weight gonna hurt your ankles? Canadian military basic was way more difficult.

I will take this piece of advice to heart thank you

dude don't destroy his dreams of killing allahu akbar motherfuckers that's rude

This. My MOS was in a combat zone doing nothing but strict patrol and I spent my days waddling around in the middle of fucking nowhere. My advice to you is keep your head down, and only excel in what you know you'll do good in (PT, shooting, etc), and you'll be fine.

When you move from the first week of getting your boots,shots,uniform etc etc you will be bused to your barracks. There will be every single drill waiting for you to get off the bus, they will scream at you to run to the back of the barracks to the rock pit. Then they will move you to the back area of the barracks where you will dump your entire (gigantic) duffel bag full of everything, they will then go through a check list to make sure everyone has everything (screaming at you the entire time) every time someone cannot find it within the time hack they will make the entire platoon do push-ups. (When I was done finding it the guy next to me couldn't find what he was looking for so I helped him find it so we would stop doing push-ups [received no shit for this]) That'll be your first shock, once you get past that first day, it'll be fine.

remember ayeliums say, "aaaay lmao" after they say that youre free to engage them...god speed earth defense force soldier!

No shit

Nice meme

If you think Canada is difficult, try the Irish Rangers....
You're to climb up a mountain with 80 pounds on your back up and down 3 times under a time limit, and even carry a boat with your comerades up and down a mountain. And that's only basic training.
If you gunsweep someone (sweep the barrel of the gun from someone), you're done. Out of the training, and not allowed back in a year's time.

42 push ups in 2mins
53 sit ups in 2mins
2 mile run in 15mins & 56secs
In AIT

My advice is don't jack off in the showers or bathrooms; they know

1)Drink lots of water even if not thirsty
2)Keep low profile for first week
2a)If physical weak you will stand out Google the army pt standard for your age make sure you can do it
3) it's Georgia and September you got lucky will feel great
4) If the DS tells you to do something stupid like touch his hat or some shit don't
5)don't shave your pupes in the shower will clog drains
6)make allot of friend in your platoon
7)do not take any thing with you to basic all you need is yourself and your paper work every thing else will be thrown away
8)just enjoy your time there don't stress allot and the DS are not bad guys
9)if you fuck up and get every one smoked they will hate you

well if you've never been there you'd be surprised how many people do NOT do this. They lay around all summer and are in for a nasty shock when they arrive. Work out every fucking day.

Nothing else is all that important. You don't have to be very smart to graduate, so studying a book to learn about the names of various grenades is a waste of time. If the physical stuff is ok, you will do fine with everything else.

how long do you get to do 20 push-ups?

Those are the people that I like to call morons

Cooking

Now that sounds like some real fun.

I wonder what the French Foreign Legion is like

do you get penalized if you cannot find your lucky charms?

The army standard is two minutes as many as you can get. The minimum is different depending on age. They are saying do 20 continuously so that you can finish the test in just a few sets of 20

>1)Drink lots of water even if not thirsty

haha, I heard this too, and did it, and our first time out in the woods for a week, I drank so much I had to piss every few minutes. I realized I had overdone it! I realized soon enough that you just make sure you have plenty of water at all times and drink when you are thirsty, or when they tell you to, and you'll be just fine. Your body knows when it needs water and you don't have to force it.

No shit, I'm going for infantry too and hopefully I'll be going to Fort Benning at the end of August

Remember, incoming fire has the right of way.

Dude, believe me, I totally agree with him, Irish Rangers are supposed to be THE toughest to join. They completley fucking demolished the SAS in a competition on tactics.

How old are you? If you're 18-21 you're gonna have a decently fun time in basic. If you're older than that you're gonna have to learn to control your rage because the fucking youngins are a pain in the god damned ass.
That being said, stay hydrated. Don't steal food. Keep your head down and don't draw attention to yourself. Do what you're told and it will all be over soon enough.
Oh, and try to stay awake during class. You're gonna be really fucking tired the whole time. If you fall asleep there's a good chance you'll fuck over your whole platoon.

Fucking unhuman. Met some in Okinawa (Navy fag here) and they've got to be made of steel or some shit

Thats pretty weak lol.

If your shooting stance is good you're not moving fast enough or utilizing cover properly

I'm 18, just got out of high school bud

Lucky Charms ain't in Ireland (if you're talking of that cereal), but if you're talking other Irish steriotypical shit, then yeh, haha

Shit, thanks user that makes sense now

they may not really be morons but they sure look stupid. Probably feel it too, as they realize they've wasted their time prior to joining and made life more difficult.

If you're not active duty now, you should look at websites for some of the schools the army conducts. Now, just about EVERY ONE starts with a PT tests, and if you fail it, not only are you sent back to your unit in shame (I can't imagine reporting back home 2 or 3 days after being shipped across the globe for a 6 month school), they claim they'll bar you from reenlisting and I'm sure your life at your old unit is shit, as you just embarrassed the leaders who sent you there. Obviously that is not how the baby soldiers in Basic are handled, but my point is that the army is shrinking, and has its pick of who it wants to keep. Top of their list are the high PT score people.

Tougher than the MARCOS?

Nice ip grabber faggot

You'll be fine then. Avoid the retarded ass negroes when you get to AIT. What MOS?

I remember there was a Pvt who asked a DS if he could use the bathroom during a class and was told no. He then asked once more and was Asian told no. Few minutes later he started crying DS shouted at him saying wtf are you crying for you piece if shit. He stands up and says he pissed is self ever one in the company started laughing even the other DS. good times

Armor crewman

Have you ever met an Irish Ranger? Those fuckers are Olympic-tier fitness, never seen anybody like them, and super strict when told to do a job. I remember seeing 4 of them guarding a truck being brought to a bank in Kilkenny Ireland, and one teenager started jeering him. The Ranger literally took a step forward so he could bump into the kid after he touched his Steryr AUG, and the teen got absolutley flattened. I've met a Forgein Legion guy, I know somebody from the SAS and a whole bunch from SEALs. And if Ireland invested more money in the army, they would probably be the best in the world from my experience in the USMC. They would hammer the Forgein Legion if they competed against each other.

They hate the cans stay away from them

Bro, getting to kill is rare now even if you go infantry or cav and to be honest the army has gone soft as fuck. Chances are you'll do too much pt at your first unit and get an injury that forces you to change your mos and you'll be stuck as a pog doing lame ass shit everyday and you'll be a salty little fuck whining all day about it and talking about your "infantry days" we had a faggot in my unit like that and it was so God damn annoying. Also, there are VERY strict rules on the off chance that you do get to kill someone. Wait until the election and if Hillary wins I'd suggest not joining at all. If trump wins go all for it though.

>Oh, and try to stay awake during class. You're gonna be really fucking tired the whole time. If you fall asleep there's a good chance you'll fuck over your whole platoon.

for whatever reason I never had a hard time staying awake in class. Other people did and it was pretty fucking funny. Not so funny when one guy did it during our company's introduction to the battalion commander in the theater. "Don't fall asleep on me young man" he said . . . after that, we knew the drill sergeants were going to be coming down on our asses.

I need to witness this when I enlist

in all seriousness man- I don't know what you are talking about with the IP grabber reference.

Learn how to make a bed with hospital corners.
Look up how to ranger roll your undies and t-shirts
Learn how to turn your brain off
Learn how to accept fault but not care.
Good luck nigger

Trips says so

I know there are rules of engagement towards possible threats and dear Christ if Hilary wins idk what I'll do then