Thoughts on Spotify?

Thoughts on Spotify?

R.I.P what.cd ;_;7

I like Spotify, I'm not sure why a lot of people on this board seem to dislike it

But it's definitely not a replacement for what.cd

If you already have a what.cd collection, go for Google Play Music. You can upload up to 40,000 or so songs on it.

Do they do the shit that Apple does, where when you upload songs, you'll sometimes get a different version of the song you uploaded?

Like, if you upload a live version of a song, you'll get back the album version of the song

Shitty catalog, shitty quality

It was all good till the queer playlists started polluting it.

Nah, your uploaded library is separate from the stream library.

Wow not bad

literally just use soulseek

How is the catalogue shit? I agree that the quality is worse, but one of its merits is being able to have an insane amount of music wherever you are, ready to stream. Plus the discover tab is pretty good at showing you new favourites, but nothing will ever beat vinyl.

What are you talkin about bro, you don't want to listen to the "Mosh Out, Rock Hard" playlist?

Also saw one for Deathcore KEK

I subscribe. I like it. Can't find everything, but there's still a really strong catalog.

It's not fantastic for Asian music or older one-off electronic tracks imo.

The recommending algorithm is actually pretty great

The catalogue is just utter shit quite frankly

its good, offline playlists are a lifesaver. however theres a lot of music that isnt on it

>I'm not sure why a lot of people on this board seem to dislike it

because its popular

It's not just Spotify, but the very idea of music streaming services. On a positive note, Spotify is great for convenience.

It doesn't have everything.
Advertisements unless you pay.
Promotes laziness in music discovery.

Of course, the biggest offender: not actually owning the files.

Pretty good for only $5 and I don't have to worry about clogging up space on my hard drive

i mean, that doesnt quantify your point.

im just going to assume your looking for a reason to hate it so.

>not actually owning the files.

100% agree.

>The Catalogue is shit cause I can't find that one obscure artist that recorded on a mix tape once behind a denny's and sold only one copy to his gradma.

There are some unfortunate holes in their catalogue, but temporary downloads are a must for me. I ride around on my bike, I don't have the money for buying or data streaming and I dislike pirating music, so Spotify is a godsend.

It's like a library card. I highly recommend.

Pretty sure it does try and match your uploaded song with a song from their library, but if it matches it wrong you can tell it to just use the file you uploaded

Spotify is literally the only reason I listen to music.

There's no avoiding the problem that Spotify/GMusic have very little in the way of noise/field recordings/lowercase.

>because its popular
Don't talk out of your fucking ass, please

He's right.

HAHAHAHAHAH LMFAO. Elitistshits

>It's not good for my bad taste in music

Want a cookie?

They have a fair amount of the cds I own or still need so I can listen on my phone, if they don't have a cd I own I'm SOL or just burn to my phone. Tell them to get KPN and Russian nsbm/space black metal though, and the fucking necrophobic album, hrimthursum, that's in the fucking spotify necrophobic picture but not available for listen, fuck salt.

Yes, that is why people on Sup Forums do not like it.

>get nsbm

i thought spotify was a SWEDEN YES company?

Kek'd hard

Is your name Scott?

>fuck salt
A fellow Tourette's Guy fan, I see. How's 2007 treating you?

No, I eating cheesecake.

what.cd will be replaced, and many of the what power users have seedboxes with many files to share.

piracy is impossible for governments to bury forever

do not fall for the file streaming cuck

>theyre just getting what.cd accounts

you guys are embarrassing, i hope you start paying for music.

what.cd is dead. It died today. If you got an account yesterday, you got shafted.

HOLY SHIT THE SITE IS BACK UP THEY WERE JOKING

Use Google Play Music instead

Using spotify or google play music can you actually download the tracks to your offline library and have them forever?

I don't want to stream

you can, but they're encrypted so you can only play them offline via the app.

they wouldn't work in another player like foobar2000.

well fuck that then, I'll be a pleb and use torrents I find by googling. Or just buy mp3s on itunes or amazon if I really have to.

I'm a bit autistic with sorting my songs and playlists and such.

>hoard music for years on spotify
>find out there is a 10,000 song hard limit

You're autistic in more ways than one. Asking if you can download music from a streaming site is retarded. Otherwise, people could just pay for one month and download the entire library and never pay again.

does that apply to playlists too? or just the library?

>I dislike pirating music
what's it like being an absolute faggot?

10,000 limit for library and individual playlists

3,333 limit for playlists if you want to have it be available offline

alright that makes sense, slowly creeping to 10k in playlists ill keep that in mind

Apple Music > Spotify

solely for the fact that music you add from your computer to itunes is stored on the cloud, so it takes up no space on your phone

Why are you asking me when you're the faggot actually?

Link playlists pls.

im not sure, im still learning it cuz my album was put on it this morning.
strange coincidence i hope what.cd's death wasnt my fault

it's pretty much the best paid streaming service out there.

if I can find fucking topaz gang on spotify then I think that their catalog is alright

Don't be a streaming cuck
Use Soulseek

Doesn't have a lot of obscure albums.

Nice response shitlord. Here's your (You)

$4.99 for Spotify
$4.99 for Apple Music
Free Google Play Music
+rutracker

all my bases are covered

its basically the new mainstream radio. if you want that real shit you gotta hit up the soundclouds my g

but he is actually right

the audio quality is shit unless you go for the 'extreme quality' setting, in which case its ok (around 320kps iirc)
library is fine, not super extensive so if you're into obscure shit youll probably be dissatisfied
you have to pay for it which is shit
the app sometimes takes a while to load and fucks up quite a bit
generally id give it a 5/10, ive used it for a while but im slowly downloading my library from other sources so i can stop using it

>the app sometimes takes a while to load and fucks up quite a bit
Only if you have a homosexual PC.

It's alright, just as long as you don't use it exclusively. Which only an idiot would do that really

what does everyone think about apple music?

You have to use itunes to use it on a computer, so it's shit

Terrible interface, not everything you can buy on there is up for streaming, wipes your playlists when you update.

>I'm not sure why a lot of people on this board seem to dislike it

Because:
>Lossy = "muh placebo"

I like it.