Chart Thread

Okay, let me try again.

NOW the other chart thread is dying. Here's a new one. Rate and rec and all that.

(I'll be updating my chart some time soon since I've had it for a while)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EHSe4N1tRQU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Gary Bartz - Music Is My Sanctuary

Thanks for the rec, listening to some of it and I'm really liking it.

(Also don't be hard on yourself, I'd love to try some of the stuff on your chart)

I really have to listen to that Mingus album. I see it everywhere.

Woods - City Sun Eater In The River of Light

Thanks for the rec....

...I still love your chart so much. It is just SO perfect.

save it famalam - i rec you all of it

MY FIRST TOP 100 CHART
REC ME PLS

Have you heard the new A Tribe Called Quest album?
lol hi snooz what are these pictures
have u listened to geinoh yamashirogumi i forget
Sigur Ros - Agaetis Byrjun
Squarepusher - Hard Normal Daddy

Glad you liked it.

They're albums.

ACO - Irony

Yeah, new tribe album was great. My favorite was the one ft. Elton John.

By a lot of the albums in the bottom section you seem to like a lot of experimental electronic music (Fly-Lo, Justice, Banshee, etc)

If you're up for more dark stuff I'd definitely recommend Outside by David Bowie. A lot of darker more industrial style beats that you'd probably be into. It has a little bit of a yeezus vibe with it's experimenting.

Here's a sample track. Hope this helps.

youtube.com/watch?v=EHSe4N1tRQU

Magma - Mekanïk Destruktïw Kommandöh
Don Cherry - Mu
Empire! Empire! (I Was a Lonely Estate) - What It Takes to Move Forward
Father John Misty - I Love You Honeybear
Eric Dolphy - Out to Lunch
DJ Sprinkles - Midtown 120 Blues

damn this is good, def checking outside out

Do you like Daft Punk?
If not, definitely rec Discovery or Homework right away.

Glad you like it :)

The Music Tapes - 1st Imaginary Symphony For Nomad

I plan on listening to Homework again this coming week. I didn't really like Homework or Discovery the last few times I listened to them, but I feel like maybe I wasn't being very fair and they deserve another shot.

Blackstar - Tribute to Haile Selassie I
Altern 8 - Full On Mask Hysteria
Hive - Devious Methods
Depeche Mode - Violator
Leon Vynehall - Rojus

Discovery I loved instantly, but yeah Homework I didn't like (I recced it because I thought it would vibe with your tastes well). I should probably give Homework another chance.

Ok so I updated my chart...
I tried to get rid of any duplicates (Except for Bowie, which I just couldn't part with)

One thing that I remember I did like about the record (Homework) was all that funky bass.

Altern 8 - Full On Mask Hysteria
Hive - Devious Methods
Depeche Mode - Violator
Altern8 is another artist I need to give another try. Devious Methods and Violator have been in my backlog for a while, thank you for encouraging me to listen to them. I don't know the other two but I'll get to listening to them eventually.

The bass was amazing. I think my prolem with it was the bad sample choices and the repetitiveness of it all. What do you think you disliked about it when you heard it?

do the hustle

>bad sample choices and the repetitiveness
It's been a while but yeah, I probably had a beef with those two things. Sometimes the samples/vocals made me roll my eyes a bit when those things are supposed to be fun. Teachers in particular fell flat for me.

>Teachers in particular fell flat for me.
....Shiiit that was one of the few tracks I loved.

>Meemees - Meemee Time

5/10
9/10
7/10
4/10
3/10
8/10
3/10
2/10
1/10
7/10

These are all based on what I heard, where the albums are on the list, and genres

Damn. I like your chart. Also I like the fact that you have 'We're in it for the money' and 'sgt pepper' since they have similar covers. Good tastes.

(I just wish I wasn't a five :*( )

[Just kidding I'm not bitter. Why am I a 5 tho?]

I am not a fan of Jay Z and I really don't like Madvillian, your taste looks like what I listened to at 16. And you have some stuff from like one hit wonders like Cee Lo Green and the Beegees. But whatever you're a good kid, probably doesn't get in trouble gets good grades.

>your taste looks like what I listened to at 16
I can't tell if that's a diss or not.

>But whatever you're a good kid, probably doesn't get in trouble gets good grades

Thank you :)

(By the way the Beegees early stuff is a LOT better than their disco stuff, I plan to get their early albums once I figure out where the cutoff between their disco and their baroque stuff is)

I have trouble finding new music. I like metal too, just don't have any albums.

Listen to Mezmerize/Hypnotize by System of a Down and The Man Who Sold the World by David Bowie.

Whoops, forgot image.

Yeah what we really needed was for you to start tripping

What did I do to deserve a 9/10?

what kind of metal do you like user?

ive been a trip for a long time you baka, i just stopped for a while

Genre-wise, I mostly prefer black and power metal. Band-wise, I like Aldious and 3 Inches of Blood. I'm sure I like quite a few other things that I've heard via last.fm's Your Mix station, but I can't think of anything else off the top of my head.

Just updated my Top 200 and it's a lot less pixelated now.
Holy shit. I admire your persistence at trying to be me, I really do. It's quite amusing.

Don t stubbornly

It was just a joke, I wasonly pretending to not knowing this information which would make me seem stupid! :)

Posting this one too, why not.

:^)

>Don t stubbornly
...What?

gold in your hand, you dont know it exists

tired tb h

>Earthling
I fucking like you.

Coolest taste in the thread.

I have respect for you and your taste, and I've liked what I've heard from your albums

I liked The Unnatural World. Anything youd rec?
+++Mount Eerie
+Future Days

very funny

Why thank you. :)

Fresh out of the oven

Anyone have some comfy vocal jazz?

Subtle- For Hero: For Fool