So, I just stayed awake for 24 hours. How long can people stay awake?

So, I just stayed awake for 24 hours. How long can people stay awake?

Ur thread blows sucka

Ive done 3 days

As long as they need to

96 hours is my record, felt like complete shit, but no major hallucinations.

my top is somewhere around 40+ hours i think, but not sure

bout tree fiddy

5-6 days is absolutely possible. But you'll be a piece of shit by then.

52 hours is my best

Good job kid. I do that shit every year just to watch the Le Mans.
Last week I was up 30+ hours when it finished. The last three were spent screaming in a confused rage with the image of a dead Toyota burned in my head.

Probably around 50 hours, but that was with a shitton of coffee.

Don't know my exact record. Going on about 36 right now and I have to work tomorrow.

there's that mental creepypasta about the russian sleep experiment

shit was fucked up

Pretty sure I did 68 in middle school. I was depressed and had major anxiety and it was not a fun time.

I manage six days shit was crazy. Hallucinations where i would see shit running in the corner of my eye. Started to forget how to use my arms and toes and just knocked out.

3 days was the most I've ever done

I heard people can go for about 11 days before they literally die from lack of sleep

You poor bastard, hope it's not face to face work or heavy equipment

70 was my record personally
started seeing shit jump at me from the corner of my eye around hour 60 or so and i was really fucking irritable, but other than that i was pretty fine

In my Adderall days back in high school, I woke up one Monday morning and didn't go to bed until Saturday night. Craziest feeling you'll ever experience, but it fucking sucks getting there. Honestly, not worth it.

You cannot die from exhaustion.

Also, 7 days OP, me and some buddies had this huge own LAN party, we rented a place for the event and did not want to waste a second of it.

This was 16 years ago and I still have problems with hemorrhoids ever since. Constipation was AWFUL, thought I was about to die.

you are a faggot

Just like me. I was seeing shit and convinced someone was after. Started walking around my living room with a kitchen knife. Surprised i didn't slit my own throat.

I do 3 days quite often I think the most I've done is 5 or 6

Doesn't coffee make you more sleepy after the effect wears off?

Do you enjoy beeing a walking corpse this much?
Why? / How?

best was 46hrs without any funky dope. just caffeine.

Yeah actually I legitimately enjoy the feeling of being tired. It's a kind of drug. Honestly I'm probably an addict at this point. It's kind of the best though because I wake up feeling super energized so "mornings" are easier than most people say it is for them then after I am up for about 20 hours I start getting that feeling of floating and it just gets more and more powerful. It comes in waves but it really never makes me actually feel sleepy.

>why?
no reason really I live off a trust and am kind of depressed so it doesn't really matter if I "tip top" or whatever. honestly just the feeling is kind of nice and it makes my thoughts go slow so I really think about my thinking. kind of like buddhist meditation.

>how?
eat GOOD food when you are hungry and don't lay down/close your eyes. Don't eat processed crap or dairy/fat in large quantities.

Summer is here

Oh also I live by the beach and I love watching the sun rise then once it's up it's kind of natural to stay awake

Underage b&

25 hours.

>never had a good nights sleep
>always had severe insomnia
>always been somewhat delirious from it
Ask away.

Forever. Sleep is good but lack of it won't kill you outright.

It will litterally drive you insane.

Probably ~70 hours on multiple occasions. Had difficulty getting to sleep without panic attacks/seeing shadows

The longest I ever stayed awake was from Friday 6AM to Sunday 10PM. Good old lan party times.

Longest I've gone was ~210 hours in an attempt to beat the 11 day record (I was 16 at the time). Nothing huge other than spacing out every now and then and some minor hallucinations but I threw up a ton and was shaking so bad I could have been a sex god. It was at that point I decided it wasn't worth it and slept for about 40 hours straight

Adderall benders...brings me back. Xanax for the comedowns. Insane days

when you're lying in bed do get the sensation of bugs crawling?

Also, maybe a week?
I manage about no sleep most nights.
Then maybe 3 or 4 hours every fourth day.
I work a labor job so i can feel it creeping up on me.
Im gonna have to go on government checks in a few years.

For a "normal" brain, insanity will kick in after 4-5 days.

Usually. Am right now.
My calves are the worst.
The twitching is bad too.

Meth binge 3 nights so 4 days awake I guess.

Shadows moving. Dick was that red from jerking it basically that whole time. Lungs fucked from chain smoking when really strung out.

Like 2 days just strung out after non functional crying mess. Probably a week or two dead.

Don't recommend.

From 3 days on, lack of sleep becomes harmful to your system.

I can barely stay awake for 24 hours.
I just love sleeping! Have stayed awake
for ~48 hours, though, because of
amphetamine

But I sleep at least 10 hours a night

Until they die

oh man lately ive been having the same thing

drives me nuts since ive encountered a few spiders on my bed a few times

do meth, you won't sleep for a week easily

More than a week.
I remember 10 days as a kid.
The migraines became unbearable.
I was pretty delirious and i was told by my mom that right before i fainted i got really violent.
Or like, tried.

I read/talked to people with fatal familial insomnia (insomnia so bad that it does eventually kill you) that its pretty common.

24 hours is easy. I do it all the time in summer because I work late nights then I head out super early in the morning to go to the ocean or a river/lake. In my early 20s I salmon fished commercially in Alaska and we would go a week with no sleep during the peak of the run. When you got a week to make all the money you're gonna make for the year you don't have time to sleep.

I taste nickles all the time because mymy mouth and tounge will try to shut down.

lol you stayed up on coffee?
take some addy's you can be up for days without having to piss every 5 mins and fucking up your kidneys

damn user

Up for 6 days.

without the help of drugs and things its pretty much impossible for a normal human to stay awake for long periods of time, even if you try really hard your mind will eventually find bouts of sleep without it your braind would die

I went 4 days with no sleep or food during a coke binge

Slept for 60hrs in the following few days

im scared to stay up past 24 hrs in fear of dieing from exhaustion. yeah, im paranoid af always 16 wake/8 sleep

You can die from not getting REM sleep after a while. Your body cannot repair itself effectively without sleep.

>no insomnia
>definitely dillusional

Stay cool user.

Its called fatal familial insomnia.
Its hereditary.
Im like boarderline.

70 hours when i needed to finish (write) my bachelor thesis
Got a C

72 hours, just smoked weed and watched movies ect but not many hallucinations

Did you see anything

24 hours is pretty easy, 36 is pretty typical if you get on a cycle.

In my teen years I once had a bad case of insomnia and was up for a week and a half... was a fucking bitch don't want to do that again. And it wasn't drug induced either.

Do you see anything

No visual hallucinations, but my ability to read got impaired.
When closing my i eyes i got the feeling of falling, constant buzzing in my ears and increased pulse

And no appetite or thirst at all

I stayed awake for around 80 hours when I was in college, because of anxiety disorder.
I fainted and fell down stairs in a train station. The fall almost killed me.