Woah....so this...is...the power....of....city planning

woah....so this...is...the power....of....city planning......................

.....really makes you think

barshelona?

I can see my office on that pic

More like fartelona amirite?

this?

>neckbeard armchair city planners will claim that this is somehow better than "commieblocks"

H-how do you know?

>Perfect Europe don't ex-

Why are they using the German naval flag of the NSDAP era?

It was also the plan for a city blocked by city walls for political reasons 150y ago and it's pretty chill there if it weren't for the little fact that it was planned for 1 million souls and not the 1.5 it has now.

i live there

>perfect europe
>soviet union
pick only one

That quarters planning is way better than any Le Corbusier/Soviet style city planning with commieblocks.

>giving any clay to Germany
how about we just give Berlin to Poland instead?

>The name Berlin has its roots in the language of West Slavic inhabitants of the area of today's Berlin, and may be related to the Old Polabian stem berl-/birl- ("swamp")

fugg

hmmmmmm...

>Giving any clay to catalonya
Basque country deserves it more but they are intelligent enough to know they can keep their culture while being part of Spain

makes me think

We wyz wends and shieeeeet

Don't compare Corbusier with commieblocks. Commieblocks aren't real functionalism. They're watered down, poor man's functionalism.

Go google his name to see what the man have done.

He tough humans are merchandise to be stocked in the smallest possible volume in the cheapest possible housing. All his constructions look like silo grains and he is the reasons the left is blaming the Muslim violence on buildings.

Unité d'Habitation are some of the most majestic flat blocks in the world. Despite being for low-income families, they had luxuries like two floors per flat, a fucking indoor shopping street, and a swimming pool on the rooftop.

Simple fact: if you dislike Unité d'Habitation, you probably don't belong to the socioeconomic class they were built for.

>Estonia still exists
praise the lord :DDD

>be barcelonese
>be surrounded by tourists 24h/365d

Problem is castile does do that.

What is galizia; makes me sick to go home.

No one remembers our language and very few still care about our customs. All everyone wants to do is be a big city Castillen.

It's sad when I visit portugal and I feel more at home.

is your main industry in Catalunya well if you want to ruin that, enjoy

Good idea. That'll make 'em even poorer.

tfw argentina got so high IQ they can actually hack anything.

Be from viverio

Just north of Lugo on the coast line

Feels comfy man

When I'm literally the only 'tourist'
I'm glad my cousins kept the family house.

waitt.... are you from portugal ?

>wow
Lol, western analog of pidorashka.

Meanwhile IRL Barcelona has been built as city-garden, but Capitalists/Fascists transform this place into stone-hell during XX century.

Initial Barcelona

can't have"""""""le"""""""" corbusier without cars

No galizia

There's no bridges on this pic

Wtf? I hate capitalism now.

It looks good from street view, don't get fooled, L'Eixample is actually beautiful and comfy compared to most modern cities who are either 99% commie blocks with a good historical or rich central zone or just skycrapers.

This is how most streets look from foot view, obviously there are prettier and uglier zones. The streets are wide. The thing is, the roofs are terrible looking from air, but they weren't designed for that, they are flat practical roofs painted red and orange designed to have a central light entrance, also used as a patio and as a gazer for the people who live in the building but mostly to put the digital antennas and shit like that.

A more bland and gray zone.

more green

average

How is the car parking situation? I dont see any parking spots? I guess its not all underground or is it inside the blocks?

In comparison with any Soviet city here is no green zone. European urban areas really cause epic butthurt for me because of this.

This guy gets it.

Most are underground.

Parking on the streets is not completely impossible, depends on the day and the time of the day, and of course the zone, most zones (especially in centric and massified zones) where you can park in the streets are blue zones were you pay for the time you had your car parked there.

There are parks everywhere inside the city, but you have to understand one thing about Barcelona, any guy can take a bus and in ten minutes you are in a massive forest just behind the city (Collserola/Vallvidrera). Also "the grid" is just one part of Barcelona.

>German banter

I'm a civil engineer unironically.

This is still Barcelona city

This is La Plata

What are some other very Sim City cities of the world?

impossible to park without paying for a private underground parking

This aerial view is visually uncomfortable, how do the streets actually look like?

Karlsruhe maybe.

I'm live in Barcelona some time ago and after Soviet cities your hometown looks like stone hell for me (especially in Summer time). Your gardens has been occupied by stinky African refugees also, nothing to do here. + Hordes of migrants and too high criminal danger. Sorry, but do not want.

Well, I live in a more higher zone of the city so I don't usually have to suffer those problems and when I take my bike I'm in Collserola in 15 mins.

>pic related IS STILL Barcelona city

The city is just very big, and it has one of the biggest metropolitan areas in Europe, so of course it has good and bad zones. But before I was mostly talking about "the grid" (L'Eixample) region of the city. I'm sorry you had such a bad experience.

It looks like a thousand mini kowloon walled cities.

normal, not particularly good looking, especially because of the apartment buildings.
Argentines get lost there because almost all cities are like chess boards, and La Plata has diagonales. It is known for that.
Streets there have numbers instead of names, and supposedly you can always know how to get from one point of the city to another point by doing maths.
Its a masonic positivist XIX century city. Older buildings are far nicer than those built from the 1960s on.

Uniformity/regularity makes navigation difficult.
An example of an actual well-planned city is Adelaide.

What?

It is.

But.

Only when the inner block is open with greenery etc. So every block has its "own" backyards.

The problem with the blocks is that they were mostly used when the populations were rapidly increasing and thus they simply build shit into the open area in the middle of the block.

>Uniformity/regularity makes navigation difficult.
Not if the streets have clever names like numbers

That bulding wouldn't look out of place in Paris

Old City of Mannheim. These streets have no "normal" names but numbers and characters.

What's wrong with it tho.
If I remember well, traffic actually moves in there unlike the cities in the rest of the world. I'm skeptic about such statement tho.

Looks good

Who here plays comfy city building games?

bitch please, brasilia got 3 million and was planed for just half a million

guess since when we were obsessed with the idea of being white and european

What happens in all of the courtyards the middle of the blocks? Are they like commercial areas with shops and restaurants and stuff?

Barcelona is one of the most beautiful cities on earth and I'm lmao'ing if an Australian thinks he can say otherwise

>Are they like commercial areas with shops and restaurants and stuff?
yeah

>vicky ultimate

Fuck off, rob.

what do you mean? Barcelona is a great city

I can't fathom how people live in cities like this... it's like a goddamn ant colony.

I'm so glad I live in the country where there's shitloads of open space and no neighbors to deal with.

Same way they don't get how you live alone in the middle of nowhere. Folks just like different things.

I haven't touched CS since 2015

Most buildings in L'Eixample zone of Barcelona look like that too.

Is this Art Noveau? Neoclassical? What kind of architecture is?