First good album of 2016

>first good album of 2016
>no threads about it

what the fuck mu

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=H4ZGXySaI0A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First good album of 2016? This is retarded.

This is weak lazy shit.

A fucking good album !

Like always.

In one word : Metallica

>first good Metallica album since the 80s*

FTFY

I tried to make a thread but nobody here listens to metallica.

Acillatem - Tcurtsed-Fles ot... Deriwdrah

you have absolute shit taste lmao

>good

Warning! No Sup Forumstant posting

yo, how is this the first good album of 2016???

Discharge - end of days
Descendants - Spazzinate
NoFX - First Ditch Effort
Suicidal Tendencies - World Gone Mad
DRI - But Wait There's more

are you just a Metallica Cuck or are you just ignorant??
(BTW I think its not verry good anyway, but good/bad is subjective)

Warning! No Sup Forumstant posting

That DRI release was an EP

also that Descendants album sucked

why are there so many threads about this shit?

Are we mankind or manUNkind?

>why are there so many threads about the biggest meme album of the year by the biggest meme metal band
Jeez I wonder

Spit Out the Bone is probably the first song they've put out since Justice that's more than "kinda good".

There aren't. There's like, one other one.

That's not Blonde and it wasn't released by Deafheaven.

Bud it's called Hardwired... To Self-Destruct

There's no way it is good enough to redeem itself

I see a thread about this album once a day on here at least.

>A life for a life is my burden of proof

What did he mean by this?

Wow!

if somebody asks for the facts, your justified in taking they are life

>He doesn't like "All Nightmare Long"

the defining album of 2016

>first under performing album of 2016

>Bloodshed Across the Empyrean Altar
>Deathless March Of The Unyielding
>Retrogore
>Tomb Of Kings
>Mechanisms of Omniscience
>Ritual Theophagy
>Winter Thrice
>Le Dernier Crépuscule
>Arctic Thunder
>The Force Of The Ancient Land
>literally every other album this year

whoa are you sure you can handle one out of over a 100 threads a day? don't want you to get triggered too much brah

>Starspawn
>Yodh

i generally liked it. i wish there was an insturmental, but the only real dissapointment is how we have to wait another decade for them to put out another album. i look forward to the subsequent tour. even if they are old and suck, its my first time seeing them, so i'll be happy.

halo on fire and spit out the bone are the 2 i keep coming back to, besides moth and hardwired. the lords of summer upgrade was pretty good, but it sucks its not on the album proper. not like that matters for me. bone proves they can make classic thrash, but they dont. either becuase they feel obligated to appeal to EVERY type of metallica fan by making load era songs, or maybe they just genuenly out grew it musically.

im sure this will still reach #1 in the charts no one cares about.

i liked dystopia better

Now that what.cd is dead I feel like a total moron because I don't know where else to get files (not stream). where can I download the deluxe edition?

Ever heard of soulseek?

bump

similtude of a dream is wayyy better.

That image is so gooodd

Not the first good album of the year. Do you mean in the metal genre? Album is good.

>listen to murder one (the lemmy tribute song)
>its just some awful bum hard-rock
dropped

wow the madvillainy album art got really gay

>Tcurtsed-Fles ot... Deriwdrah
What did they mean by this?

>first good album
>it's a shit album

I have the biggest boner for Metallica instrumentals. I feel you.

I got the chance to finally see them live this month. Sure thing Metallica might not be the best band out there, there are lots of way more talented, skilled, heavier or wathever, both old and new, but hearing Metallica live always pumps me up like no one else, being able to finally see them was great. I don't have much experience with lives, It's only until this year that I got to see Exodus, Maiden, Anthrax and now Metallica, got lucky enough to get on the front row. Totally worth it. Killer experience.

lol that album cover....

Metal is sooo cheesy

Can't imagine the emotional distress that must cause you.

What about Anthrax or Sodom?

There's been multiple threads daily for the past two weeks you fucking intolerable idiot.

youtube.com/watch?v=H4ZGXySaI0A

gig starting in a few minutes

with some luck they premier Spit, Lars suffers a heart attack and they get a competent drummer

For All Kings was dope

If anything were to happen to any of the members they'll probably call it quits.

Why is Anthrax so slow incorporing the new shit to their setlist?

Spit Out the Bone is best song

it's already so much better than any of their gigs 10 years ago

lies , a shill for a shill band.
fuck them they turned on us why would you support them.
remember the nap.

>fade to black

>bass 'solo'

Kirk your guitar is tuned flat as fuck

>album release day
>gig for club members who have heard your songs hundreds of times
>play all the same old shit anyway

why the fuck is lars still allowed to make setlists?

> they can make classic thrash, but they dont. either because they feel obligated to appeal to EVERY type of metallica fan

THIS.

They're fucked either way these days whenever they release a new record. They have a fanbase composed of three very different types of fans: The First 4 era, the Black Album era and the Load era. If they appeal to any of those groups directly, the rest will be pissed.

If they appeal to the First 4 fans, the Black Album/Load era will think it's too jarring and won't appreciate the musicality.

If they appeal to the Black Album fans, the First 4 will think it's too slow, the Load era will think it's too heavy

If they appeal to the Load era, the First 4 will think it's too slow and boring, the Black Album people will have milquetoast opinions.

Fucked either way.

Overall: Decent record with some of the best thrash songs they've written since the 80s, but too many slow, less-than-interesting tracks in the middle which drags the record out. I'm feeling a mid 7/10

who else is loving the concert bros?

he cant sing clean anymore so he ruined the front of fade to black and one, and the new albums songs are terrible but otherwise its been great. love the seamless transition between about 3 songs back there

atlas rise was really bad because he can't sing the new songs, but the old songs are cool, and the last 3-4 songs were the best they've been in years.

Come on man

Just went to my local Dimples and bought a physical copy of the deluxe edition... and I haven't bought physical in YEARS. I suppose I could have just downloaded it, but I'm not a bum, and to my surprise it was only $14USD. Out of gratitude and respect I purchased their albums. I'm almost 30 yrs old now and looking back, I don't know what middle/high school would have been like without their music.

>maybe they just genuenly out grew it musically

I liked the Black Album, it was just ok to me, nothing like the first 4 though... I think that was because Cliff was really the musical genius behind the composition of those albums

Also, let's not forget that more "modern" metal may sound heavier and thicker, but what made MetallicA so good was the raw aggression tempered by coherent themes throughout their earlier albums

>Overall: Decent record with some of the best thrash songs they've written since the 80s, but too many slow, less-than-interesting tracks in the middle which drags the record out. I'm feeling a mid 7/10

spot on analysis

I like this new album much more than Death Magnetic, and even a few songs like Moth Into Flame and especially Spit Out the Bone more than anything on the Black Album. It comes very close at times to having a taste of the good old days of ...And Justice, and while the riffs are brutal.. it just lacks the elegant composition of those first 4 albums.

>appeal to load era fans
yeah, i'm sure all 12 Load fans out there will be bummed

My local store won't be shipping shit until next week. Good shit they uploaded everything to youtube.

Bretty good. It was better than I was expecting, I thought the 3 singles would end up being the only good songs on the album.

Does anyone else REALLY dig Dream No More? Sounds like Alice in Chains pushed through a Metalica filter and it sounds dope.

Dream so far is one of my favorites. Always loved the horror themed songs they did and the singing reminds me a lot of Where The Wild Things Are.

The issue I have with this record, seems to be what a lot of people agree on: If the album was literally slashed in half, with 4-5 tracks from the first disc, and 2 from the second disc, we would have a phenomenal record on our hands.

The problem is really just disc 2. The only worthwhile tracks on it are Am I Savage? and Spit out the Bone. The rest is just filler by-the-numbers tracks that just blend into one another even on repeat listens.

The album should have been:
Hardwired
Atlas Rise
Moth into Flame
Halo on Fire
Am I savage
Spit out the bone

There.

it's so weird looking at this picture now, realizing how young they are. when i used to look at pictures from that era in highschool they looked so old and cool and awesome.

except for cliff, that fucker always looks wise and shit.

Just skimmed your selection, I think you like And Justice for All as much as I do.

>tfw loved Murder One
>almost everyone hates it

Not as good as St. Anger and I'm 100% serious. That was the freshest and raw and honest that they've ever been and you losers shit on it cause you wanted shitty watered down Metallica with muh solos.

>Edgy.

That record was awful
>the songwriting
>the production
>the garbage can snare
Just awful.

I agree. Maybe they should look into writing EPs. If you took the good songs off this album and the good songs off Death Magnetic, you'd have a single solid album

Indeed, I am

>shitty watered down Metallica with muh solos.

St. Anger WAS watered down though. They would stretch 3 minutes worth of ideas into 6+ minute songs. If you honestly think the lack of guitar solos was the main reason people had a problem with that album you're delusional.

I really dug the syncopated riffing on that track.

>good

>implying anything off Death Magnetic was bad and anything on Hardwired was good

I've heard 3 songs from it and they're all shit.
>manUNkind
top fucking kek
cringey old men with teenage brains.

>first song literally has an album title drop
yeah fuck this album.

WE'RE SO FUCKED XD

metallica is probably my favorite band and what the fuck is wrong with people thinking this album is great or whatever

the songs have no identity, just a bunch of ok heavy riffs, meh drums and guitar solos of a washed up kirk that doesn't even try anymore

yeah it's heavy but there is nothing else going on

It's an ok album, just makes miss their old stuff and jason

You people decided to hate St. Anger and this is what happens. Death Magnetic was only good cause they had something to prove. Now it's back to toeing the line.

>not this
Hardwired was pretty good but The Stage was a lot better in my personal opinion.

Are you fucking serious with this shit? Discharge have been a hair metal band for at least 30 years by now. BORING.

I'd rather listen to St. Anger than any of DRIs posturing bullshit at this point, at least they know they're rockstars.

Spit out the Bones is how Metallica would sound all the time if they were still the best metal band around.

Halo on Fire has some great Thin Lizzy worship on it.

Rest of the album about 9 minutes of good music spread throughout.

I wish someone would make them listen to more Neurosis.

>The follow up to madvillany will never happen in your lifetime

Am I Savage is the best song on the album

Add Dream No More and yeah I agree.

Dance Gavin Dance has a banging album

>CD is dead
>Vinyl is still a thing

Just needs Dream No More.

AT LAST THE THAWING HAS BEGUN
COME TRADE YOUR DARKNESS FOR THE SUN

Metallica sucks ever since 1986 and made the first step in turning black metal into a fucking joke (blackgaze, psychedelic black metal, cosmic black metal, orthodox black metal, progressive black metal, electronic black metal, blackened pop metal and anything similar definitely isn't black metal and already a joke itself btw)