Guitarnoob here, need your help, guitar-playing /b

Guitarnoob here, need your help, guitar-playing /b
I wanna be really good, but I just can't get the speed or get good, non-muted chords (for example, when playing an F, I always mute the b string)
I want to play songs like this and be as good as this guy: youtube.com/watch?v=ZfUAqoZrudM (got the program as well, but sucked at it, sucked already at second song, which was Arctic Monkeys - R U Mine)
what do?
Pic related, my guitar
>inb4 noob/loser I know that myself

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/9d4ui9q7eDM
youtube.com/watch?v=QpoLe2v6MVo
youtube.com/watch?v=aV4n8fJGip0
youtube.com/watch?v=TS5NZVQh8KY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

P.S: I know, "it's all practice", but I feel like I'm stuck and I get frustrated, maybe you know a trick to make slow, but steady progress instead of fucking up

If you can't get speed, just play it really slow. Later on, speed will come by itself.

you mean, changing chords and frets slow and careful, even if it sounds strange?

Patience. Tenacity. Perseverance. Dedication.

If you don't have these qualities, find another hobby because this one will drive you nuts. If you do, all you have to do is keep at it.

1. download guitar pro/guitar tux
2. download some tabs from some songs you want. get a wide variety
3. play along to slower tempo and increase it when youre read

Pretty much, yeah.

Yes. Focus on playing cleanly before playing fast.

Youtube "why you suck at guitar"

Practice, practice, practice...
1) Playing guitar should be about enjoying it, not succeeding in it. That way you will kill your motivation.
2) If you get stuck, try something else. Different song can teach you something that will help with a more difficult song.
3) What everyone else is saying already. Start slow and the speed will come eventually.

Speed is overrated. I loathe how fast I can play because when I slow down, I have a hard time phrasing and being melodic to my full potential, although it's getting better.

Look up guys like Guthrie Govan, Shawn Lane, Danny Gatton, Joe Satriani, etc. if you want to be inspired or have something to go to.

It took me a couple of years to get chords, scales, and rhythm down, and i still suck. just take it slow and learn what you like not some dumb game

can you make the song like go half as fast or something like this with guitar pro? Cause that sounds like an easy enough way to get it

okay. What about my Chord Problem?

Another thing: which is better/easier for learning: Playing while sitting or standing

For barre chords such as F, try to use your index finger's middle knuckle on the bottom two strings. I have long fingers but that works for me.

okay, thank you. Nice Setup btw
thanks, will do

yeah man you make it play as fast or as slow as you want it

okay

forgot another thing: The solo on R U Mine
I always "crash" on the "Going up" to 10b12 and on the repeated 5h7p5h7p5 part, cause I think my pull-offs suck as hell
is there a trick to it?

>Nice Setup btw
It's even better than you can imagine.

I've been playing for 5 years and I still think speed is over-rated

Make sure you pound that finger down brotha

I like the Ibanez, I want to get a second guitar that looks like it around christmas, but something cheaper than my guitar (around 300$)

the thing about guitar is you have to actually practice

also you have to not suck at learning

have fun

Try practicing the little 0h2p0h2 in that song and really try to bring out the 0. Act like you're plucking the string. Don't come straight off of it, use your finger to pick the string

Been playing for 21 years now, and yeah literally with guitar playing skill is directly proportional to the amount of patience, time and practice put in.

Don't buy guitars based on their looks and don't buy cheap guitars after your first guitar.

Playing confidently when you practice is a good thing to do. Try to be sure of every move you make

Niggers tongue my anus

k

of course I don't just buy because it looks good, I play them first, and there's good models around 300$ (came off wrong, my guitar cost much more than 300)
but when it's down to 2 or 3, I buy the one that looks good :D

Dont get cheaper than your first guitar. Practicing fast for the sake of being fast and making mistakes is just practicing mistakes.

Eh, waste of money, if you ask me.

I got good at guitar but kinda hit a wall after 10 years, I'm fast as shit but I realized my technique was holding my back in terms of clean-ness due tp picking style etc. Look up some Paul Gilbert tutorials, that dude is insane and a good teacher. I learned more about how to speed pick and things from that guy.

they're awesome

Just like your digits.

Get the Speed Kills DVD by Michael Angelo Batio. He breaks everything down slowly. It completely changed the way I approach guitar. It's on YouTube, but throw the guy a bone and order it.

what are you, 12?

I've only been playing for about two years, and I've been teaching myself. It helps to find something you can sink your teeth into, songs you enjoy. It also helps to learn some really simple, recognizable songs. Have fun with it too. Frustration only leads to giving up. Music is a powerful tool, use it to your advantage. Good luck!

hi Michael

okay, you gave me some great pointers, thank you all for your help, with this It should go better

MAB is a travesty to virtuoso guitar.

Yeah, I can't listen to a lot of his music for very long, but the DVD is a good teaching tool if you want to learn how to shred.

I post with my toes

youtu.be/9d4ui9q7eDM
This song is really easy to learn op, will help you with playing faster too

Kek

I'd recommend this:
youtube.com/watch?v=QpoLe2v6MVo

Look up Hendrix bar chords, that's how I play an F. Way easier TBH.

Then keep practicing. If you know it's all practice, go practice.

See OP, easy shit to learn

That's your guitar and you're a "noob"

O nos

if this is a joke, it's bad joke. An actually easy (yet fun) song is this one, OP youtube.com/watch?v=aV4n8fJGip0

was a present

rocksmith is fucking great for learning guitar, i suggest it highly.

with the chords, just keep trying, it will come with time. if you have bigger hands you can do your barre chords like hendrix, i find it much easier

>speed metal

>Not knowing genres

It sometimes feels like Rocksmith is progressing TOO fast
It's like "oh, you finished learning multiplication, now go and solve this differential equation while doing a handstand"

>thinking Wintersun is speed metal

how old are you? I don't mean this as an insult--I'm a pedophile. Can I see your ass?

>oh, you finished learning multiplication, now go and solve this differential equation while doing a handstand
Isn't that a normal pace? Someone's gotta do the job

To add to this, play in time. Use a metronome and practice hitting chord changes on the correct beat. If you're having trouble, slow the tempo down a bit; if you can do it correctly every time, increase the tempo by 10 bpm. 60 to 80 bpm is a good place to start.

youtube.com/watch?v=TS5NZVQh8KY
pray to tosin and he will grant u the power of shreddicus maximus

this is what you should do op

Try doing the bar chord up higher on the neck. Bar across the 5th fret and practice an "A" chord. Barring the 1st fret for an "F" is hard at first.

One question still lingers, though: is it easier to play while sitting or standing? Or is it just preference?

The secret is jacking off a shit ton so that your arms and fingers get really strong. No joke

well, in math it is, I give you that
alright, thank you

>shreddicus maximus
summerfriend detected

It usually is easier for beginners to play whilst sitting down, it requires practice to be able to play whilst standing up as well as you do sitting down.

rock and ROLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

>well, in math it is, I give you that
>xddddddd

honestly what are you, 15? I know maths that would make you queasy

With your problem with the bar-chords, try changing the position of your thumb to be in the centre of the neck.

I doubt that
okay
thanks, yeah, since it likes to cramp, I guess the thumb is kinda the problem

what math are you in, be honest? I'm guessing calculus or, you just finished pre-calc? You think that shit is tough? hahahaha

Just play easy songs that you love

actually I'm an engineer with an interest in math in my free time
I just find playing guitar to be relaxing