twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

djent

word

Shut up

>I FEEL GOOD...eating human flesh
what did he mean by this?

Traditional > Speed > Power > Folk > the rest

not sure 2bh, can't quite decipher it

Any metal that's as groovy as Rumeur de Chaines?

Pantera

Any albums in particular?
And by groovy, I mean the strolly, jazzish sound mixed with angry guitars like in youtube.com/watch?v=7g2DUHNyu9Y

What is it about growls I hate so much?

Is it because it can't be understood?
Is it because it often sounds like some twin choking on a cock?

It usually makes me change the song immediately, which blows because a lot of heavier stuff sounds great until the """""vocals""""" start. Same goes for guys who sound like they're just yelling; I was never able to get into Pantera for that reason.

The only growls I can stomach are Akerfeldt and Brandon Small.

kek

>Is it because it can't be understood?
literally the best part, the vast majority of metal lyrics actively detract from the music

9/10 you had me till the last sentence

Akermeme used to be one of the best growlers in metal though

people constantly say this but is it true though?
how the fuck do people even determine whats good and bad growling?

like what the fuck is the difference between akermeme, the guy from after the burial and the guy from august burns red? isn't it essentially just different vocal tones in that some you like better than others?
I srsly can't fucking tell

what went wrong?

The manlet

Because there is real power behind Akerfelt's vocals, most metalcore, deathcore and melodeath vocalists sound really wimpy

Compare this
youtube.com/watch?v=4oWhkjQWE24
youtube.com/watch?v=Ykt8_19GtJ4
to this
youtube.com/watch?v=OV3t5VN1m5A
youtube.com/watch?v=CLMK7VpSM6A

Opeth - Watershed for sure.

Lars "how do i keep time" Ulrich

Peter TÃĪgtgren is arguably the best when it comes to deep, demonic growling. Especially live. He also does the high-pitched shrieks amazingly well.

>akermeme
I just assumed you meant Akercocke lel

>that fucking cover
>that fucking title
>30 minute track called "Metallica"
This album is one giant meme

Love Peter, Hypocrisy is one of my favorite bands. Good thing he replaced the original vocalist.

What do you guys think of the newest exmortus?
youtube.com/watch?v=e0bz1jDJRiM

Yeah if your the type of uneducated trailer trash that listens to "I eat your bloody cunt and rape your mothers rotten eyesockets whilst dipping my pig carcass in a bath of blood and cum" death metal. Most metal bands with enough talent to not thrash around the chromatic scale at 240bpm have solid lyrics.

>Pic related

also this is not a meme

>using Ne Obliviscaris as an example of "omg so smart" meal
>not a meme
Suuuure, chief.

And they were both in Bloodbath
Speaking of Which, Nick Holmes is also pretty good at growling when he tries
youtube.com/watch?v=8kuhGUOSsnw

>Not knowing how to spell
>doesn't like Ne Obliviscaris

it's like they go hand in hand

I like them a lot.
It's still meme-tier fucko.

Also what part did I misspell? If you think it was "meal" then you're fucking new as sin.

>I MADE A MISTAKE I BETTER PRETEND IT IS A LONG STANDING MEME THAT EVERYONE KNOWS ABOUT EXCEPT THE PERSON I RESPONDED TOO.

ok

It is though.

Meal is food, etc.
Jesus, lurk more.

DUDE SWAMPS LMAO

>metal
>food

i should amend that, the majority of lyrics in general actively detract form the music. if i wanted to listen to an idiot reciting substandard poetry i'd show up to a slam poetry night. that album is no different

DRAIN THE SWAMP

>i'm so smart and too sophisticated for this
Fuck off

How do finnish people not kill themselves before age 18?

Through the power of memes

what went right?

Am I the only one who can't get into this album? It's one the same level as British Steel for me, where I really only like half the songs on it

Defenders of the Faith is still better though. Then again I also unironically love Nostradamus so who knows what I'm talking about right.

youtube.com/watch?v=H4ZGXySaI0A

holy shit are they playing good again or what? MY MIND IS FULL OF FUCK

have they got a session drummer?

>new Pain of Salvation track
It's only on VEVO and itunes
Fuck this

i'm here as a complete newcomer, lurked a couple of threads and i need to up my game, i got introduced to metal with sabaton and that pretty clearly influenced my tastes, most of the metal i listen to is Epica, Sabaton, Alestorm, Gloryhammer, Manowar, Powerwolf, used to listen to amaranthe, then stuff like Ghost and Volbeat which arent really metal
how i repair my terminal shit taste, where do i start?

What are some good hardcore and grindcore bands I probably haven't heard yet?

Big into Nails, Gatecreeper, Malice at the Palace etc.

Here is a good start

um... no

lars is still fucking everything up

everytime i see sunbather i know it's a meme list

huh, kinda surprised to see inhuman rampage and meliora on there, didnt think they would be too normie or something for Sup Forums

Code Orange and Oathbreaker are both great.

I am not a huge fan of growls either, but there a some very good bands that have them that I have learned to enjoy. Like for some reason I enjoy Napalm Death even though I generally do not enjoy grindcore. Chuck's vocals in Death are what I personally think is peak harshness needed in order to bring across the 'br00tal' aspect without detracting from it. Or another example is Witchery's new album that I discovered last night. I think listening to BM a lot can definitely raise one's 'tolerance' for it.

youtube.com/watch?v=qM71torFNBQ
youtube.com/watch?v=CHR_pi9x8fg
youtube.com/watch?v=EQmkFW0kJas
youtube.com/watch?v=0yhFSTAyHWs
youtube.com/watch?v=Nkp48SZ0Gf4
youtube.com/watch?v=jy2MLw_JMJk
youtube.com/watch?v=v99dHD9oWfU
youtube.com/watch?v=5QgIeKnLuGE
youtube.com/watch?v=GfbLWHT7vUU
youtube.com/watch?v=3-qd_fm7Pco
youtube.com/watch?v=HhpOQsYMFIM
youtube.com/watch?v=8VLUVUf4zIQ
youtube.com/watch?v=hYoB2Tj3LR8
youtube.com/watch?v=RvWJIPh0J6U
youtube.com/watch?v=HOLHjCXWc3U
youtube.com/watch?v=W6ZVMQayzng
youtube.com/watch?v=MuDxo-fbW9c
youtube.com/watch?v=LUgpSZ2XYpE
youtube.com/watch?v=FNdC_3LR2AI

who /B I G B O Y/ here?
youtube.com/watch?v=EaytIdLYtPc

Ghost is very much metal.

If you like clean vocals, check out Iron Maiden (Seventh Son of a Seventh Son and Powerslave albums) and Judas Priest (Defenders of the Faith). Rob halford and Bruce Dickinson are among the best vocalists in heavy metal and they influenced basically every single power metal vocalist (including Eric Adams of Manowar).

If you're open for some grunts, I'd advise some early records of In Flames, any from The Jester Race up until Reroute to Remain, and any Opeth album before Heritage. Watershed, Ghost Reveries and Deliverance are particularly good.

>Ghost is very much metal.
"No"

Sunbather is good. Deafheaven fans are shit tho

"Yes"

>any Devildriver

Just puts me the fuck to sleep.

Theyre not tho. They are hard rock

Ghost is just as metal as Black Sabbath is. Being 40 years apart doesn't change that.

You forgot the best Judas Priest album (Painkiller).

instead of repairing your taste, you should delve deeper into the wierd metalrealted genres, like driving mrs satan, iron horse, etc.. there's a bunch of stuff out there that make you go wtf at first but then you realize you kinda like it
youtu.be/w0xu497PIt8

>Metallica's worst album
>DT's worst album
>Sunbather
>Liturgy
user, you'll want to other chart, see . The only consistently good chart I have seen posted on here, even with Riff Raff on it kek. For starters I would recommend some Death, Megadeth, Judas Priest, Metallica's first 4/5 albums, etc.

just listen do djent

This, also check out Dio for some old school stuff. One of the best vocalists imo, next to Peter Steele and Rob Halford. Nice Satan trips

yeah maybe he does but still overall they sound very much in tempo

Tesseract or Periphery

Pick one.

Oh shit, so I did.

I like Ronnie James Dio, the guy was a great vocalist, but I never really got into his music the way I could get into Priest and Maiden.

What does /metal/ think of Metallica's new album? Just found Remember Tomorrow on the deluxe edition and that definitely bumped it up more for me.

every fucking time this chart gets posted there's always one newfag like him

>Just found Remember Tomorrow on the deluxe edition and that definitely bumped it up more for me.
The Iron Maiden cover from Maiden Heaven? That's still literally the last good thing Metallica ever did. Great cover.

thanks dudes, i'll check this stuff out

I pick None

Code Orange is AMAZING live but their songs are kinda meh.

Haven't gotten a chance to hear oathbreaker yet tho thx user :)

What is newfaggy about it?
>inb4 entry level music
He is trying to get into new genres so it is going to be entry level. And I genuinely did not enjoy Sunbather or Aesthetica.

it's a fucking meme chart to trick 'newcomers', how hard is it to understand.

I have seen it posted a few times and figured there are some fags that actually enjoy the shit on there, since there are some decent albums on it. You were denied quads for being a massive nigger too desu

metal is stupid noisy music for people who like to pretend than they like things in order to gain acceptance and validation

baka you're literally dumb as brick

Why does everyone shit on glam when it's actually better than they think

The rotten apples spoil the bunch

>better than they think.

>uninspired riffs and melodies
>simple verse-chorus-verse-chorus-solo-chorus song structures
>gay as shit outfits

Tell me user, what about it is "better than I think", exactly?

>music has to be inspired and have complex song structures or else it's shit
A lot of it is pretty basic but that does not necessarily mean it is bad. And ya the outfits are fucking ridiculous but that doesn't detract from the music for me

periphery is good

Name on thing that glam does that a traditional heavy metal band like Judas Priest hasn't done better. Glam metal is literally "glamour over music". The music is all interchangeable, bland, boring and one or two exceptions aside plain bad.

You could compare it to EDM nowadays with all these plebs drooling over utter shit artists like Avicii and David Guetta while there are actual talented electronic music producers who don't get half the recognition.

Throwdown. Lamb of God. White Zombie.

youtube.com/watch?v=AG99BQcLJM4&list=PL9F3D84AD75C30E80

This shreds. Is their more recent stuff just as good?

You misunderstand me, I enjoy some glam but obviously pretty much every other genre is ahead of it. Of course Judas Priest is better in literally every way

nope it's absolute trash

>Why does everyone shit on glam when it's actually better than they think
>I enjoy some glam but obviously pretty much every other genre is ahead of it.

That's exactly why people shit on it though. I can enjoy some Twisted Sister every once in a while, but that doesn't redeem glam as a genre. It was literally promoted by record companies to make more cash by making heavy metal music more accessible to the big dumb crowd who couldn't get into "real" heavy metal. The production was way more "poppy" etc...

And yes I do realize how elitist that sounds.

Nothing elitist about not liking shoddily made pop tunes. I wasn't around when it was big so perhaps my view is biased, since I have only listened to the better parts of glam. I understand what you're saying though since I fucking hate pop music/whatever is on the radio these days. They just engineer it to give you a happy dopamine rush when you listen to it, very artificial

No not really.

t. actually listened

Overrated

Their first album is the only good one.

>Their first album is the only good one
This is never actually true

It is if you're talking about Gorgoroth.