GameStop Store Manager AMA

GameStop Store Manager AMA

Why is gamestop so shit?

Do you have Battletoads?

How do you justify buying back a game less than a year old and then deciding to give me a fraction of what it's worth?

What's it like dealing with entitled millennials who think they are smarter than you all day?

Do you wield the the small amount of power you have over them in a feeble attempt to feel superior?

will you hire me?

How long have you been with the company?

What do you think of things like Stream and Gamefly? Has it impacted your business any?

How's it going to feel when video game stores become obsolete when more and more developers make their games digital downloads only?

OP must think he is at work and we are customers to ignore

Holy shit how is gamestop still alive? It's like the blockbuster of video games. With physical console disks being way fucking cheaper online like amazon, and also not to mention the total digital console and pc games online, why the fuck is gamestop still alive? It's soooo 2006.

Beat me to it

Do you have any copies of the Sheik amiibo in stock?

It has its advantages tho
No downloads at all

>your business

As if he owns the store/company lmfao. He's just a manager making shit money

If you're not a millennial. You're either too young or too old to be on here, bub...

You aren't obligated to trade in at Gamestop. If you don't like our prices, you're free to sell them on Craigslist.

Most games trade for around 60% of their sale value. This creates a profit margin for us to pay our employees and bills, and also covers the fact that we are taking all the future risk of that game being broken.

If a game trade for significantly less than 60% of its preowned price, then we already have a huge inventory on that title. Your game sucks and you should have traded it in earlier.

tldr: economics

I love gamestop!

>be me
>go to gamestop on november 1st every year
>buy latest used console and a few used games
>play the fuck out of them for 55 days
>return them all for cash on the day after christmas
>say they were a gift someone didn't want
>don't play games at all the other 310 days of the year.

Right now? No, it's the slow season.

Apply in September.

About three years.

I'm too old. And there's nothing you can do about it.

So you don't sell new games?

I meant the amount of clientele, not that he actually owns the company.

Oh look, a millennial that thinks the world revolves around him. How predictable

Steam (and the steady shift to digital) have definitely affected the business, but not too terribly.

GameStop is the #1 retailer for game currency cards. Also, as games move away from physical media, the business is steadily moving towards preowned hardware and is starting to tap into tee value of an actual person answering your questions about what game to get.

Hey op I like going into GameStop and calling you faggots a bunch of faggots.

If you're a millennial, you're by definition too young to be here.

In b4 underage ban.

Were the neckbeards bullshittng me when they said they have no idea when you guys offer promotions like extra credit on trade ins and shit?

If I take a shit on the floor in the back of your store. Who would clean it up?

The price of a new game has no direct bearing on preowned or trade prices.

If the publisher sets the new price higher than the market will bear, we're not going to shoot ourselves in the foot by doing the same with our PO product.

Which GameStop do you work for?

So, you're a kike.

You will.