What are the chances that future human technology will not only be able to give humans immortality...

What are the chances that future human technology will not only be able to give humans immortality, but will be able to bring back people that have been dead for millions of years, and preserve their consciousness forever as data on a computer?

If that's the case, then it is most likely that we are all actually resurrected ancient humans that exist as archived data in some future human's computer

Other urls found in this thread:

singularityhub.com/2016/06/23/elon-musk-says-were-probably-living-in-a-computer-simulation-heres-the-science/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

why dont u build a time machine

and find out

Fuck off

Joke's on you humannity's gonna kill itself before we get there

If by immortality you mean a computer simulation of your brain, sure. but it wouldn't really be you. Any simulation we made of already dead people also wouldn't really be them. We are constrained by our makeup. Our building blocks if you will.

humans (homo sapiens) have only been around on this planet for about 100,000 years. Millions of years is pretty far off the mark.

also, if the infinite multiverse exists where every possible version of something happens, then how come an alternative universe version of myself hasn't created a parallel universe machine that allows him to interact with my universe? The fact that I'm not getting a blowjob from one of my alternate universe me's is proof that there is no infinite multiverse, unless by some astoundingly shitty chance that this ts the one universe where the multiverse doesnt exist

Well, this could just be the multiverse where no one from any other multiverse visits, maybe it is pyhsically impossible to swap to other universes.

the technology may already exist.

triggered the summertime queer

who cares as long as i can get an automated blowjob at a low price

If a time machine is built in the future, it's always exists

if we are constrained by our makeup, then we "die" every 10 years or so, since every cell that made up your body has died and has been replaced by a new cell, or have at least stayed the same cell but had a net turnover of atoms that originally made the cell

Your consciousness is a unique pattern of building blocks, not the building blocks itself

It may one day be possible to trace back the history of an atom, and I think future tech will be able to retrieve past information from every atom in the galaxy and identify the patterns of human conciousness

Sciencetist predict the first person to live to 1000 years old is alive today

Just wait for virtual reality.

It will be 100% real, you will NOT be able to tell the difference for "real" reality.

Maybe it will be possible in our lifetime.

I get the thesus's boat issue, but nonetheless, I think that have a computer brain could never be the same as a human. I don't say it is worse, just never the same. You know?

A brain is just a biological computer, why wouldnt we be able to replicate it?

Its just a matter of time.

Anything nature can produce humans can copy.

That is an adorable boob.

But then if the infinite multiverse were truly infinite, then there would be one where it is physically possible to swap into other universes

there must be a thing that sets the rules to how universes are made. A thing that exists outside every universe and has control over everything

Not same user, but it would really be more of a clone. It would be the same, but you would still see through your eyes and feel with your skin and they would do so with theirs.

I suppose, maybe you are right

Infinity does not necessarily include all numbers
all natural numbers is infinite, but does not include all numbers

singularityhub.com/2016/06/23/elon-musk-says-were-probably-living-in-a-computer-simulation-heres-the-science/

This is the dumbest shit I have ever read. You must be high as shit.

>Infinity does not necessarily include all numbers
all natural numbers is infinite, but does not include all numbers

many mathematicians believe that crazy mathematical shit that deals with infinity is probably an area where math fails to predict things in real life

My point was more that just because there are infinite multiverses does not mean that every possible multiverse would be there. Take a set of infinity and subtract one and it is still infinite. When is a heap of sand not a heap and all that.

well my point is that some mathmeticians think that the very concept of "infinity" is only relevant to abstract math and is the one concept in math that does not carry over into how to predict the outcome of things in the real universe

Fair point, our math really only works for our universe, since it relies on our assumptions. Math only has context in our universe. Infinity is meaningless outside of our Universe in some ways.

>wouldnt be you/them
Youre presupposing that souls exist. Prove it would not be us. Prove the soul exists. Show your work.

What kind of id tag do you think that is?

Because the multiverse theory as youre interpreting it is as scientific as cube time.

Human immortality is an absolute certainty within 150 years.

The problems will hit when the first stages of it start to go public within the next 50 years... and only the richest fuck's can afford it.

The fact that I believe consciousness is a thing is proof enough it exists. Even if consciousness is just an illusion, because "illusions" is a thing, it exists.

I don't presuppose a soul, I don't believe in souls. I mean that the generated being would not be exactly the same.

If I was cloned, I would be separate from my clone in consciousness, in that way it is not me.

So you 10 years ago would effectively be a clone of yourself, only separated temporally instead of spacially, right?

If what you said is true, then your consciousness from 10 years ago and your consciousness from now are not the same thing

What if technology CAN perfectly copy the mind... lets say with nano machines that are small enough to build synthetic brain cells. Would it be you then? Assuming, of course, that you had already died.

A fair point, but I wouldn't consider myself the same person as I was 10 years ago, or 1 year ago. All there is is change. Stability is an illusion

First, How the fuck do you bring someone back from the dead.

Second, How the fuck do you preserve some dead persons consciousness if you have no way to access their body in the first place.

Third, it won't be any ones real self in you upload your consciousness.

It wouldn't be the same me in my mind

Well sure in the construct the future humans made that's what we, old consciousness, are made to believe.

But to the resurrected conscious it would be. They wouldn't know the difference.

If death is a cease of existence of your consciousness, then every time that "time" moves forward, you technically die, and a extremely similar, but different, consciousness takes its place

Is that a logic problem? It seems instinctually wrong but I can't find a problem with it. Is my thinking off?

Immortality 1:1, and reassembling living organisms once their brains have decomposed 0:1.

>I wouldn't consider myself the same person as I was 10 years ago, or 1 year ago.
>10 years
>1 year
>0.01 year
>0.001 year
>0.0001
>0.00001

repeat to infinity, or whatever smallest unit of time is possible to exist in this universe

If you're not the same person you were an instant ago, what happened to that person that existed an instant ago?

New information came in. If who we are is based on the brain we inhabit, a clone is therefore us, but we do not think with their brain, therefore we aren't them.

How do we resolve the dilemma of what makes us a continuous individual?

a decomposed brain, when considered by it's atoms, is made up of exactly the same atoms as the living brain

If one day, technology makes it possible to trace back the history of an atom like how we can trace back the history of a ball bouncing on the floor, when you'd be able to find out exactly how those atoms were when they existed in the living brain

Speciation is anywhere from 100k-200 years, but neanderthalensis was alive for 260k years before us, and we now have early non-neanderthal, non-sapiens primitive tools dating back a full million years. If you wanted to get nitpicky about "higher intelligence" life here.

Although what we assume to be "higher" may still prove to be a liability, and not higher after all, if it destroys everything around it and itself. Then it'll just have been a mental illness mutation.

The order is lost, the molecules have broken down, the atoms have gone on to combine with otger atoms and make different molecules and create other things.

Decomposed.