Jimi Hendrix is the greatest guitarist of all time

Jimi Hendrix is the greatest guitarist of all time.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NtljYur4_T8
youtu.be/pHuoYAYhu10
youtu.be/k2wGj73hjTc
youtube.com/watch?v=wqOGtexkAco
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

water is wet

get gassed you fag

ahem

>relicing your guitar

>I JUST KISSED SOME GUY

what did he mean by this?

No.

>completely limited to pentationic scale
>only released 3 albums
>no artistic maturity

Yes, sure. Now be sure to listen to Steve Howe.

this

lol please

better shitpost than the iommi

but still Hendrix will always be the GOAT rock guitarist even if he wasn't technical

Its not his fault he died.

this

of course he is of course

Some water isn't though

>he doesn't know about Band of Gypsys

He chose to be a heavy drug user.

>hendrix iommi and govan

are you guys going to post buckethead too?

what chord is he playing there?

like what

Stevie Ray Vaughan?

Water isn't wet. Wetness is a description of our experience of water; what happens to us when we come into contact with water in such a way that it impinges on our state of being. We, or our possessions, 'get wet'.

he was the coolest but not the best

really makes you think

This post got me wet iykwim

are you serious? water is wet as fuck

D D
A A
M M
N N

well who the fuck is the best then?

Really fires up the old noodle.

Not true by the way.

didn't even get it right
>'SCUSE ME WHILE I KISS THIS GUY

Okay, memes aside, Tuck Andress is a fucking god.

youtube.com/watch?v=NtljYur4_T8

Yeah Tuck and Patti are great, especially Love Warriors
Also a lot of people don't know but Tuck and Patti are the uncle and aunt of St. Vincent, she used to go on tour with them when she was younger

>That riff at 3:56

Muh dick. Thanks, user.

A C# note is the best note of all time

Nice shitpost.

Nobody is the best guitar player.

Really made me ponder

>I was eating it, and I put the mask on and then the bucket on my head. I went to the mirror. I just said, 'Buckethead. That's Buckethead right there.' It was just one of those things. After that, I wanted to be that thing all the time.

Whoever plays the guitar for Earthless.
Towards the end of "Uluru Rock" about the 2/3rds of the song. Shit is just perfect!
Go to 9:30 youtu.be/pHuoYAYhu10

All of their sons are structured the same way. Start slow and build up to chaotic shit. Songs are long and few on the albums. 9/10 band overall.

never heard of him

Jimi was a known homosexual, which is why Chas Chandler brought him over to London: the gay sex capitol of the world at that time.

Hendrix is p good on a technical level (he's great, actually) but what makes him important is the effects and noise. he used those in a really revolutionary and important way, and this coupled with his unique playing style and songwriting is why he's considered the best.

all you folks posting prog wankers are missing the point.

He's good certainly. Really, I have less of a problem with Hendrix and more of a problem with the concept of "greatest." There's too many talented musicians who do too many different things.

Kek

I thought that was New York.

>implying he wasn't bisexual
that nigga was fucking bitches and men left and right and you know it

um lol these idoits never heard of herman li lol...

for his time he was a revolutionary player and no doubt influenced all the fagtrons who play guitar today.

but in terms of pure technical ability, these days there are dudes jerking off in their bedrooms who put his black ass to shame

Saw Bucket live this past summer. My favorite part of the show was the intermission where he and his one roadie threw toys out to crowd members. His backing band, A Pile of Electronics, was also pretty good.

ice

Not only depends on taste, but on Genre and on era.

Could hage Hendrix blues out the wait B.B. King did?
Could have Henrix innovate the Gypsy scale and play alongside a Double Bass and Violin like Django Reinhardt?
Could have Henrix made a guitar piece as diverse and cosmical like Gilmour's echoes?
Could have he taken a Spanish/Classical Guitar and play a melodic and sentimental piece like John Williams?
Could have he taken and reformed the Folk Guitar into magnetic pieces like Page did?
Could he Djent?

He's still one of the greatest, if not the greatest, Guitar Heroes, but we have to consider that, though his legacy will echo forever as long those 6 strings are played, Hendrix may not be the single, objectively best guitarrist of all time. Well, the Guitar perse is not that old of an instrument, so we still have to see what the future awaits.

Would love for this to spawn a discussion.

Comparing guitar players is pointless. Here's a man who transcended the instrument and made me change the way I think about guitar.

what does andrew wk think water is?
the answer is clear.

>Could he have taken and reformed the Folk Guitar into magnetic pieces like Page did?

Uhh, Page pretty much ripped off every major acoustic-based song that Zeppelin ever did save for Stairway to Heaven and Bron Yr Aur Stomp.

he's shit on a technical level

>standing up while playing guitar

>Hendrix
>good on a technical level

Now this is just straight up bait at this point.
Hendrix had shit technique. Like, absolutely horrible, I'm surprised he even knew how to hold a pick. He never used his pinky, thumb all over the neck, and so much more.
He had no technique, he just sort of picked up a guitar and started playing noise. He never matured and then died and it was too late.
He probably didn't even know how to tune a guitar, for fuck's sake.

Greatest? That's debatable. The man DID know his way around a fret board though.

Beethoven is the greatest composer of all time.

youtu.be/k2wGj73hjTc

>OP has never heard of Carlos Santana.

>Could have he taken and reformed the Folk Guitar into magnetic pieces like Page did?

He just copied Bert Jansch and Davy Graham.

No he isn't because he's not Mark Knopfler.

Darn...

>that's the way
>the rain song
>ten years gone
>tangerine
>thank you
>the battle of evermore

>tfw all zepp acoustic songs start with t

hah good one

youtube.com/watch?v=wqOGtexkAco

...nmaD

Nice meme ya got there