Blood Meridian direct by James Franco

deadline.com/2016/05/russell-crowe-james-franco-to-direct-cormac-mccarthy-blood-meridian-cannes-1201749735/
JUST FUCK MY BOOK UP

Other urls found in this thread:

vice.com/read/james-francos-blood-meridian-test-656
youtube.com/watch?v=1YVrxFmheSc
youtube.com/watch?v=0KnbqSf9eWE
youtube.com/watch?v=KoaWrErL2sU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

At least they're white eh

This is like a hundred times worse than a million holocausts.

LEAVE BOOKINO TO JAMES

>it's real

Why do I hate James Franco so much? I used to like the guy.

He's an insecure idiot trying to prove he's a real artist and has literary merit.

You hate him because he's a fraud.

I just bought the damn book, and now I have to read it before they make the film so I can tell people the book is better than the film.

>Vincent D’Onofrio also boarding the cast

Based

>James Franco-directed adaptation of Cormac McCarthy’s Blood Meridian
>Franco will also act in the film

FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKK KILL KILL KILL KILL JUST FUCKING KILL MY SHIT UP I WANNA DIE PUT A BULLET IN MY HEAD

I honestly don't understand how James Franco even has a career.

He's a weak actor and horrible director.

WHY IN THE FUCK SHOULD BE DONE BY JAMES FRANCO

FUCKING DEAD ON ARRIVAL JESUS FUCKING CHRIST

WHY THE FUCK IS THIS GUY ALLOWED TO MAKE SHITTY MOVIES BASED ON ALL THESE BOOKS?
HE'S LIKE THE UWE BOLL OF BOOK-BASED MOVIES

ugh

JDISMA
JDISMA
JDISMA

Yeah. I think you nailed it. There was period where he was being lauded as some kind of renaissance man for having multiple degrees. It just came across as really pretentious. Like cool you have degrees but what the fuck do you do with them? Oh you make shitty stoner movies with your buddies. Probably spawned from that.

in case you're wondering what this shit is going to be like: vice.com/read/james-francos-blood-meridian-test-656

Of all the characters in the book, I don't remember "Bloated Aussie".

NO. NO. PLEASE BE A JOKE.

It's sad knowing that this wasn't some elaborate parody

Even sadder knowing that Franco really does believe that his movies aren't garbage, I think he's adapting the Disaster Artist because he's a carbon copy of Tommy Wiseau (without his movies being entertaining).

>James Franco to direct

I could see Crowe pulling it off 10, 15 years ago, but unless he can really whip himself into shape, it won't work.

MODS PLS STICKY

Wakemeup.jpg

In all seriousness it might be decent. I don't think Franco would be dumb enough to do this if he didn't have confidence in himself. Usually makes for good results

Franco's previous efforts strongly suggest it will be unwatchable trash and butcher the source material.

leave westernkino to me

This is makes me genuinely upset. I know he made a Blood Meridian short a few years ago, but I thought that was it.

He should fuck off. If he's a fan of the book then he should know that no one like him should be adapting it.

WHY COULDN'T RIDLEY SCOTT DO IT. HE WANTED TO IT

bloody hell.

coen brothers were art thou?

have you seen his adaptations of child of god and as i lay dying, or the blood meridian test posted earlier in the thread? they're amateurish and embarrassing. he is seriously without merit as a filmmaker.

god dammit. would it be possible to do a social media campaign calling for a different director?

just like how will ferrel dropped out of playing Reagan.

this is bullshit.

So since it is now happening, who should be the Judge?

Karl Urban

They hate us 'cause they ain't us!

>James Franco to direct

Idris elba

>I don't think Franco would be dumb enough to do this if he didn't have confidence in himself.
>implying being dumb doesnt make you over confident

Jimmy Fallon

At the end of the book, was it rape?

2 or maybe 3 % less shit than what james is going to make

How can James Franco be such a smart guy but be so shit at acting an directing?

Ridley Scott wouldn't make justice to it neither. And this is coming from someone who truly loves The Counselor.

Which one of you did this?

Clancy Brown as The Judge, yes or no?

Wow this literally made me sick. I am not one of the faggots that say BM can't be turned into a movie, those fucks should try pulling bat out of their asses.

It could be a bitchin' film, but directed by tryhard like Franco? Hell no! Coens or John Hilcoat maybe could be good. Although Hilcoat did totaly miss the point of the Road so maybe no.

what makes you think he's smart?

He cant be that bad at acting if you think hes smart

LEAVE IT ALONE FRANCO YOU INSUFFERABLE TALENTLESS CUNT

>Ryan Reynolds
>James Franco to also star

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

eric wareheim

He has an undeserved degree from NYU.

Steve McQueen would probably do a good job.

I thought someone bought the rights years ago to protect it?

Vincent D’Onofrio

He has a lot of great ideas, and has the knowledge but for some reason lacks the talent for it. You can be smart and have skills, but if you don't have the talent, then you will most likely be shit

>Vincent D'Onofrio

This alone gives me hope, assuming he's playing Judge Holden

>He has a lot of great ideas

Like what?

This is... this is a day we all knew would come but. I don't know how to feel. D'Onofrio would be GOAT judge though..

If they're so intent on making a clusterfuck of it then let Malick do it.

>He never sleeps, he says. He says he'll never die. He bows to the fiddlers and sashays backwards and throws back his head and laughs deep in his throat and he is a great favorite, the judge. He wafts his hat and the lunar dome of his skull passes palely under the lamps and he swings about and takes possession of one of the fiddles and he pirouettes and makes a pass, two passes, dancing and fiddling all at once. His feet are light and nimble. He never sleeps. He says that he will never die. He dances in light and in shadow and he is a great favorite. He never sleeps, the judge. He is dancing, dancing. He says that he will never die.

Justin Kurzel or David Michod could make this work if McCarthy himself penned it. I can't really imagine someone tacking on McCarthy without being extremely faithful to him. László Nemes would be a cool choice too.

But no. James fucking Franco.

the press release mentions vincent d'onofrio and tye sheridan have also been cast and franco will act in it as well

my guess

d'onofrio = the judge
crowe = glanton
sheridan = the kid
franco = toadvine

d'onofrio is a decent if typecast/obvious choice. sheridan is a good actor but i wish the kid really had been like 14-16 years old. sheridan will be around 20 when they film this

crowe and franco are garbo choices

Will mean very little in the hands of James Franco.

One person in the world who would do worse job than Franco and you chose him.

>confidence
>good results

Pick one

>Vincent
>Russel Crowe
>Producer Scott Rudin
something tells me Franco will have very little control on set

Gibson

Not even meming

He really is a complete hack. I want to be optimistic, but I've actually seen a few of his movies. They're amateurish beyond belief.

All his "ideas" are basically taking great books and making them into absolutely awful movies.

Franco better do his absolute best with this shit

based franco

Sup Forumsirigns on suicide watch

youtube.com/watch?v=1YVrxFmheSc

youtube.com/watch?v=0KnbqSf9eWE
Reminder what happened last time Franco directed McCarthy

>James Franco
>not the Coens

godamnit

Like The Disaster Artist i'm optimistic. Malick or Coens would be preferable but, we'll always have the text. D'Onofrio is just about the best choice for Holden though.

what makes you think he has any great ideas? every movie he's made has been absolute shit. as others have said, he just takes existing literature and makes it into a shitty "movie."

Didnt Spielberg say something like "if you cant visualise things in your head well you'll never be a good director"

I believe he tries to be good at what he does, but ultimately it's trash.

I mean, just listen to his poetry. I just think he's so self-absorbed that he can't look past himself for inspiration for his work.

youtube.com/watch?v=KoaWrErL2sU

So, now that this is ruined, when can we expect another adaptation of BM? Jesus fuck, this'll just delay the actual good movie to come out...

Fucking Franco cunt.

Perfect

while improbable, it's far from impossible that this will turn out well

>Russell Crowe losing weight to become the Judge
All of my keks

>Get in faggot, we're going scalping

I agree, Blood Meridian needs either a certified crazy director like Herzog or some complete amateur who pulls it off by luck.

Scot Rudin was blocking Hillcoat and now he is supporting Franco. Is he fucking stupid or some kind of genius? Also Rusell Crowe's role? What is he supposed to play?

Glanton?

Sheridan is way too old for the 14yr old Kid, but I guess that's Hollywood for ye

>you will NEVER see the adaptation by Coens

THANK YOU WESL-ahem-KID

That casting is great.

Throw a big budget at him and it may be ok. The short demo thing looks cheap, but with swooping vista shots, period towns, the larger sense of scale can really help. I hope he nails that spooky umbrella chase scene and minigun.

WITNESSED

Quints confirm

quints have spoken, this movie can't be bad.

Gibson should be directing.

i can't believe somebody so stupid exists. holy shit i hate him.

Glenn Jacobs

since it's literature and not some capeshit I'd say the remake will take 15-20 years to arrive.

Who plays the kid?

jennifer lawrence.

Dave Franco