/urban/

walkability edition

because walkability is essential for an urbanist lifestyle. personal cars encourage sedentary lifestyles, which I believe is a primary factor in the sky high obesity rates in my country. they also keep us isolated from the people and spaces around us, which inhibits the development of a meaningful relationship between yourself and the place you live

post walkability maps

>tfw 95% of american urban areas are unremarkable unwalkable and parking lot infested

Other urls found in this thread:

walkscore.com/
walkscore.com
twitter.com/AnonBabble

new york city is god tier but long island and jersey are hopeless

also, link to site >>> walkscore.com/

chicago's pretty fucked too. the dark green areas directly north of downtown are nice though

>tfw european cities are vastly superior in terms of walkability
>tfw not european

god tier walkability in buenos aires

this is why texas is inferior and should be nuked

texas strikes again

detroit is a nightmare for more reasons than the poverty and inner city decay

>you will never make enough money to justify living in san francisco

hold me

the outskirts of london are a lot less walkable than I assumed

central london is still GOAT tho

what is this thread about

America will prob be more fucked in terms of walkability after auto driving.
>auto driving appears
>even less need of invest in public transportation
>no public transportation to encourage people not to use cars and walk close distance
>people simply use cars all the place with auto driving b/c no worries on parking space as well

These maps are not available for Central Europe.

but at the same time people are waking up, reverse white flight, more conscious urban planning and design with walkability in mind, etc.

you can't search for them, you have to zoom out and find them yourself, it's available for them all

Still, where do you find those maps?

go here walkscore.com

try searching for an american city, then click on the map to enter a google maps-looking mode, then from there zoom out and find your city

Going to try moving to Downtown Los Angeles. It's expensive as fuck, but the best there is and still not leave too far from home.

Thanks. That's the shittiest webdesign I've ever seen. My city looks alright though.

Your city doesn't exist tho

1994 called and wants its meme back.

1995 called and they want their "certain year called wanting its blank back formula" back

I give up, you are the superior shit memester

OP speaking with himself.