Why do people do things? What motivates you? I guess I mean motivation for long-term goals...

Why do people do things? What motivates you? I guess I mean motivation for long-term goals, like a career (as if any of you are old enough for that) or plans for later in life.

I lack motivation. Sometimes I get grand ideas, but I have trouble organizing my thoughts. So I think sometimes of writing down my ideas to better organize them. Then I think, "what's the point? Will it do any good to have this junk written down?" Sometimes I start something creative and eventually just stop before actually completing anything, because I lose motivation and interest after deciding it's pointless. Maybe I should also note that I have struggled with depression for many years and I often have what psychs describe as "blunted affect" and I think that might be somehow related to my lack of motivation/creativity/ability to make goals where no goals exist.

>Why do people do things? What motivates you?
Because I want more in life.

I want my kids to have a better childhood than I did.

That is why I bust my ass studying.
Almost done with med school now.

Sounds like textbook depression. Are you taking anything?

You, like most people, were simply born to be a serf or slave.
You can't undo thousands of years of genetic servitude in just a few generations.
You are a slave that needs an owner, nothing more.

Welcome to life. Wallow in mediocrity until you have the balls to kill someone worth removing, for the rest of mankind.

That mothafuckin oompa loompa

Sounds like depression. One of my episodes involved more or less the same--feeling like you want to do things but paradoxically feeling like you don't give enough of a shit to do them.

You are a slave too.

What do you think your talent in life is OP? Something you really enjoy doing. You said you write your ideas down. Is it writing, or something else? Everyone has one thing they really really enjoy doing and that they are also good at

Long term goals I want to make the world a better place by improving the relationship between civilization and the natural systems that support it.

No, I am no slave.
But your purpose in life is to serve someone else however they see fit.
You were born to do it.
Find your master, and you will find peace.

Short term motivation is nonexistent I smoke weed all day and try not to kill myself.

How did you get over it?

Marijuana has turned you into a spineless eunuch, the drug of choice for wretched cucks.

You're a slave idiot. Everyone is a slave. Its called monetary enslavement. You live your life with money. Almost every person on earth does. This was imposed on humanity long ago. You might be a successful slave and have some other slaves beneath you, but there is only one guy on top, and he does not share power. Its very easy to trace back the financial beginning of the modern world and to figure out who that guy is when you start looking

"I am no slave"

can you win against the police? no. you are their slave

can you win against the military? no. you are the slave of your government.

can you chose not to breathe? no. you are a slave to your genes.

do you obey the laws of thermodynamics? then you are a slave to the universe

Nigga im a slave owner

After 3 or 4 years it went away in the matter of like a day and a half.

Since then I've gone through depression a few more times, but the character has never been quite the same. More self-directed, self-hating shit lately. In any event, my magic bullet lately's been lexapro. And mushrooms.

I can relate OP. I drifted thru my 20's without any particular direction. Some of it was very, very good, but the last five years were not so much, yet I found it hard to care, it seemed pointless to try. I actually had a lot of really good opportunities present themselves, and I fucked up each one because I just didn't give a shit.
After losing a well-payed job (because I failed a urine test and told HR didn't want to stop smoking weed), I started to run out of money after months of doing nothing. I tried to ignore it at first, but eventually I was eating beans and losing sleep over how I would handle eviction and homelessness. It took almost four months to find a job, and in the meantime I had to move in with my folks because I went completely broke. The job in question, when I finally got it, was a fucking grind and I hated it, but it was the only thing I had.
A few months into working full time, every day, I realized I was actually over not giving a shit, because it finally bothered me how much my life sucked.
Am now a mature-aged student studying med. It's not easy and there are still days where I feel like I don't wanna do it, or anything else. But I get fired up thinking about how much it fucking sucks to work full time in a job I hate, just to run on the spot in life and never get ahead. You'll be surprised how much you care when your living standards start dropping through the floor.
Unless you're destined to be a /r9k/ NEET, in which case, get comfy.

Apologies and polite sage for blogposting, but this topic gives me strong feels.

Lexapro makes me violent.
I've heard about mushrooms and depression. Does that work well? Do you have any advice for a first timer? I wouldn't even know where to get that shit.

I used to be so motivated with my hobbies. Working like 6 hours strait on a circuit board. Now I can't even write 4-5 lines of code at a time. My hobbies feel like a chore.

Hey OP if you want to find motivation it has to be through things that truly make you happy. Thats why I asked, what is your true talent in life. You know what it is. You mentioned writing, so you probably enjoy writing. You can't go through with any idea you write because you're just a thinker. Your thoughts don't always have to transpose into action, money, job, business etc. Art comes in all forms. Just express your creativity through something you really love and forget about money. Spend your free time honing your talent and money will come your way some day. You have no motivation because you can't force a duck to swim in fire, it'll just kill them. Can't force a flower to bloom on blighted land

Spoken like a true slave, you will never gain your freedom.
You should be working the fields, where you belong.

Another eunuch slave chimes in, you are fit to dig ditches, perhaps till the land, nothing more.
You will suffer until someone of worth finds you and lets you live without thinking anymore.

haha I don't even work friend. I get everything in life for free. Government grants. I'm not the typical slave, but I'm not in denial of the monetary enslavement imposed on everyone. You are. All that will do is make you revert to your mind for some kind of "spiritual awakening" but what everyone needs ultimately is a healthy balance again. The scales have been tipped too far off in one direction and all the marbles are exponentially gaining speed. Something big is coming to balance the world again

I appreciate how cleverly you addressed the things i said in my post. Having taken the time to understand each statement and address the mistakes i've made, pointing out the error of these obvious truths.

Oh wait, no, i'm sorry, you grunted and threw a fistful of diarrhea. I guess that's how your ice infested monkey parents raised you to be.

It's ok. I understand that working at McDonalds and imagining yourself to be king is what keeps you going.

Did anyone else think that was Maisie Williams at first?