Aquarist of Sup Forums

Aquarist of Sup Forums

does anyone know how to properaly treat a fishes wound of this size?

its a red belly piranha about 3 inches and hes acting like he isnt missing half of his body or in any pain wtf

Other urls found in this thread:

mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/man-finds-half-fish-still-7062584
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Idk he looks pretty pissed.

fish don't feel pain, also he's a lost cause

How did this happen

Fish dont feel pain. But there are kinds of chemicals from aquarium stores you can get to kill bacteria that would stop healing processes and increase the speed.

It's a fish, it doesn't have the thought capacity to be like "Oh shit half of me is missing." nor can I really think of any way you could remedy the situation. Best you can hope is it doesn't die and the wound closes, allowing it to live a full life.

>falling for that vegan meme
they do actually; just not the same way we do

Jesus op did you get hungry or something wtf

That reminds me of the little fiddler crab in my aquarium a few years ago. The asshole would find any fish that he deemed weak or vulnerable and just start eating them alive. When got full, he would just release them to swim around in agony until they eventually died.
That fish is fucked op. Cum on it.

That fish don't give a fuck

>Cum on it.
That s so Sup Forums of you

Just love him in his last hours and telepathically send him the message that he has nothing to be afraid of as he transitions to death

Bump

now heres a frown

im not sure, ive had them since they were practically born, it was 1 female and 1 male (this one) shes always been way bigger than him and treats him not so friendly at times. But their tank is 60 gallons they have seperatr areas for alone time and they fed every other day. Its possible me not doing it every day could have causes rhis but im mot sure. They are normally happy and friendly believe it or not

no blood was drawn which is why he isnt dead yet but he will most likely die from infection

will look into that

haha

You a good boi

I strongly recommend euthanasia. There is no hope for that fish to make a recovery from that injury. I prefer the concussive force method, in which you simply throw the fish on a hard surface as hard as you can. This will instantly kill it, and it will not suffer any further.

He is fucked. There is no coming back from that, but p. natteri are harder than a coffin nail so he is just gonna prolong and suffer. Do the right thing and euthanase him. Use clove oil mixed in with water and he'll go to sleep. Or, blunt force trauma to the back of the head.

Yeah, clove oil is also a good method if you can find some

Waffle should get in here and give you advice, he is an expert on piranhas and kept them before FWC caught up with him

Jeez...put it out if it's misery

i wish i was the kind of person who had that in me.

im not 100% certain he will die, just by the way hes acting

Or i dont know

Will wait at least a couple hours

If you dont you will only be prolonging his suffering. I had to kill my favorite fish and it was terribly difficult, but it was the right thing to do

fuuck mandont do this to me

Even if i got some salt and chemicals for healing from the store?

If you want him to have a chance to live then seperate him from the tank so he is by himself and not going to contaminate or fuck with the other fish.

No, there is no recovery possible for such a severe wound.He can either die quickly and relatively painlessly or keep hanging on for hours or days in pain and end up dying anyway

Well it could go 2 ways.

1. A secondary bacterial/parasitic infection will set in. Causing it to die.

2. It will heal with a horrendous deformity.

Considering how the spinal chord is nearly exposed right down do the caudal peduncle (the flappy bit at the back) and the lateral line is almost completely gone I don't fancy his chances.

A third option would be that the other fish that inflicted the wound will finish it off.

Should you wish to treat it I would consider using a treatment called acriflavine. Use plenty of oxygenation too when treating. Keep feeding him. If stops feeding he really is fubar'd.

mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/man-finds-half-fish-still-7062584

Why is your fish alone? Piranhas are schooling fish

holy shit, is that a huge fish or a close up picture? Prospective is funny thing.

That's a blue johanni which only grow to about 4-5 inches, so its just a close up

That's fucking retarded, they should just kill that fish.

How much is 6 inches in kilometers?
I don't know the conversion

Like double the size of your dick

>tfw you wake up after spending the night with a tranny

6 inches = 0,00015 km

Double? Think you're overestimating the size of OP's cock

6 inches is 0.0001524 kilometers

What this man said.

And even though it might be extremely hard, it would be best to let him rest. Why would you keep him alive, for your amusement?

Its hard, but its how nature works.

damn it, beat me to it

I have never had to put down a fish OP.

which one is it?
Also the guy was right, they are not big! Pretty funny conundrum we were in here.

you can put antibiotics in the water, but with that much surface area, hes probably already got an infection and gonna die man

Theres a remedy for betta fish with totn fins that involves putting a bannana leaf and something else in a bowl and you put the betta in the solution. Leave him there for a couple of days and his fins will snap right back into shape. Probably could work for you.

>does anyone know how to properaly treat a fishes wound of this size?
You can't treat that, let it die.

BECAUSE HES INJURED AND I SEPARATED HIM

you broke me, i will get clove oil and take care of it :(
thank you for the knowledge and insight

Yeah i agree

not going to let her finish him off would like to make it as peaceful as i can

I treat a wounded fish with blue metilen. In a separate aquarium. But nothing like that. Not much hope for nemo

They way I look at it when it's a really hard decision is '...if this were in the wild it would be dead/food'. Sounds horrible I know but I've been keeping fish nearly 20years now and I work in the industry Ive had to euthanase A LOT of fish. I always give them the best opportunity and chance before calling it but at some point you have to make a call.

That wound sustained looks like it has been caused by another pirhanna. In the wild it's very common for them to cannibalise one another for dominance/food/just because they're douchebags. Even of it survives if reintroduced it will happen again encase it is weaker. Chance are it happened because it was weaker anyway.

I used to have a very similar problem when keeping Malawi cichlids as they are constantly fighting for dominance between each other. In the wild they can scrap and then fuck in 2 different directions and be done with it, in our tanks it a very close environment and this will tend to be the result.

Good on you m8, you're making the right decision.

OP I used to collect cichlids like it's actually a tiny as fuck fish

Anyways I've seen many a fish battles come and go.

Your fish will probably slowly die. Best thing to do is put him in a fish hospital away from everyone else and keep the water extra clean. I've seen some miracles

Good choice user. It's hard as fuck, I hate doing it but it is for the best. Plus people give us shit for caring too much about our wet pets makes it harder, But fuck em'.

Dosage should be carried out in a 5 or 10liter bucket. Add about 30-40 drops (should be plenty) mix it throughly to stop oil from separating. Then add the fish and he will simply go to sleep. Takes between 30secs and 5 mins depending on the fish.

No pain or stress. It's what we use for anaesthetic in fish.

RIP fishy. :'(

Are you sure its still alive? Looks like its missing spine...

PS OP, if your fish does heal, he will heal as a mighty warrior and you should cherish him forever and never let him be injured again. I loved my warrior fish. Here's a collage of my favorite ones over the years

thank you for the info and caring about the situation

now i will have 1 single female piranha and i dont have an interest in getting more so i dont really know what to do about that

i can see a small part if the spine through the wound

if he heals he will be weaker and the alpha female will just finish him off

No probs b/ro. The female will be fine on her own. As someone posted above they are shoaling fish (in the wild) but on a tank to keep them successfully you'd need to keep about 20 together so that one individual cannot be singled out. Ultimately you'd probably still be in this situation. Pirhanna don't make great pets I must be honest.

I've got 3 females (started as 10) in a 600l display tank at work, all are about 12" long and boring as fuck. Ultra skittish too, so we have to keep the lights dimmed down. I'm amazed they haven't torn each other up yet and they've been in with each other for about 13years now.

yep same as you,dim tank mosty boring but they were happy

got these fish on accident in the mail so was like fuck it ill go with and raise them because i love raising babies

My stepdad ordered one 1 1/2 inch piranha for his collection but they gave us three half inchers lol

3rd one was sickly from the get go

heres where my real pride is at

in a separate tank 2 baby green spotted puffers

I love gsp's!