FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK I FUCKED UP SO BAD Sup Forums!

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK I FUCKED UP SO BAD Sup Forums!
> sold a brand new Macbook for around $2500 on ebay
> also sold a brand new iPhone 6S around the same time for like $600
> they were delivered a couple of days ago
> get message from the Macbook guy saying that he received an iphone by mistake

I FUCKING MIXED UP THE SHIPPING LABELS WHAT DO PLS HLP THE OTHER GUY WON'T RESPOND

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unjust_enrichment
legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/unjust enrichment
dictionary.law.com/default.aspx?selected=2197
twitter.com/AnonBabble

All you really can do is hope they both return, but you have to eat the shipping on that.

Most likely, you'll have to refund both and be out the MacBook and iPhone.

Kill yourself. Cuz you can't do anything. You sent him an order with the wrong item, that's up to him now to send the item back if it's "not what he wants". But since he just made up on a couple grand, he's obviously gonna keep it.

sucks to be you.

Actually, you might not have to refund the guy who was supposed to receive the iPhone. He will be thankful for the new 2000 dollar laptop and not contact you at all. so, you might be able to keep 600 at least.

Lmao

what kind of iPhone was it?

> also sold a brand new iPhone 6S around the same time for like $600

not true

If the guy doesn't respond just send him a bill for the macbook and take it from there.

macbook is gone and you'll have to refund the guy that received the iphone. good job you fuckin dub

yeah if he doesnt start responding.
have an ebay rep on tab too that should help.

OP HERE WAIT A FUCKING MINUTE...WHY DID THE USPS ACCEPT IT IF THE WEIGHT WERE MISMATCHED? ONE PACKAGE WAS 15LBS AND THE OTHER WAS LESS THAN 2!

Iphone guy here, thanks for the MacBook

Going to resell on ebay, using the winnings to get the correct item

Best of luck b/ro

thanks for the pic OP.

sell your extra chromosomes

They are legally required to return the merchandise to you or it's theft. Contact ebay, there is a resolution center for this.

truuuu

Send letters by mail to return the items and that you will pay a reasonable fee to cover their expenses ans work. Two times. When they don't do it, you can make them pay for the stuff they got. There is still a justice system right.

It's up to them whether or not they charge for the extra weight. Sometimes they don't reweigh items. (I work at fedex, and if I'm feeling lazy I won't check the weight)

because it costs way the fuck more to redeliver it back to you than to just send it on.

But you have to pay for that.

post more of this milf, i like her

You guys live in hippie liberal fantasy land huh? If you send the wrong item, there is ABSOLUTELY nothing you can do except bring it to court. And good luck with the costs on that, not to mention even winning that case.

ask on the ebay seller forums.

Doesn't eBay have some sort of "insurance"? I would check with them.

Because you are a clumfucking retard that hamfists shit into his own face without engaging your thinky parts?

They make mistakes too, and usually require you not to DURRRso fucking hard that shit like this happens.

It is your fucking fault you knuckle fucker, stop trying to blame it on other people when you obviously stole this shit to begin with while trying to resell it on eBay.
Any legit seller dealing with stuff in that price range would know the steps to fix this problem. Go fuel your drug problem somewhere else you fucking double nigger.

>op

I'm sorry that you have no idea what you're talking about, but there are laws covering interstate commerce and those laws matter.

They are legally obligated to send the item back, he is legally obligated to pay for return shipping. Period. I'm not arguing about this with you, I am telling you how it is. Do not post again. Do not contradict me, you are wrong. The end. Bye.

Not how it works. The extra cost is passed on to the receiving member. It would be held at the local center and you have to bring an ID and the pay the extra cost in order to claim it.

who pissed in your cheerios?

but once they decline it gets back to you, at least that's how it works here

THEY'RE RELIABLE FOR THIS FUCKUP ESPECIALLY SINCE THEY SCANNED IT AND GAVE ME A RECEIPT FUCK YOU I'M IN THE FUCKING CLEAR

try it when amazon sends you a macbook by mistake, and they know about it

that's not gonna help you whatsoever lol, what're you gonna do, go up against the federal government?

don't ever involve USPS in your life unnecessarily trust me

According to the Federal Trade Comission, Unsolicited Merchandise sent to your home is yours to keep. This is because otherwise a company could predatorily send someone a package and then send the bill afterwards.

Unfortunately, From a legal standpoint, if I ordered an Iphone and received a MacBook in the mail, I would be allowed to keep the MacBook and then demand the Iphone or a refund as well. The buyer did not ask to recieve an Iphone in the mail. You just sent a random ass guy a laptop in the mail. You did not send him what he paid for, however. If he was smart about this, he could have both for the price of the phone, OR the laptop for free.

I will literally send you $100 when you can pull this law out of your ass. You have no clue of reality. You are dealing with matters that spread across multiple mediums, and state borders. They can't even touch 90% of criminals across state borders, you think his fucking laptop is gonna be different?

Kek you had one job, how do you go blindly sending these and you don't check it twice. Jesus Christ

See

Are you munching that perfect pussy, OP? If so, nothing could make me pity you, and MOAR.

>"hehe I'll just say I shipped the MacBook but really ill send X"
>"ebay! eBay! I accidentally sent the wrong item :((( ;)"
"Sure kiddo, here's your money back :)"

Also, what's to stop the guy "no, I never got a MacBook"

>because otherwise a company could predatorily send someone a package and then send the bill afterwards
You don't have to accept packages that are delivered to your door. So this is why. And no, they couldn't send the bill afterwards and have any legal footing to make you pay.

Again, not how it works. It is up to them to reweigh the item. They can either reweigh it there (where you drop it off) and charge you the correct amount, or one of the various facilities it goes through can reweigh it and if they weigh it to be over a certain amount, they will charge you the difference. But as I said, the person picking the item up pays this and it won't be delivered until so.

Exactly. So if some retarded Ebay Seller sent me a $2000 dollar laptop when I paid for a phone, I could legally demand either the phone or a refund AND keep the laptop. In truth, however the seller is legally bound to deliver the promised item in the mail. It doesn't matter. If the buyer demands his phone, he is legally entitled to get it. I once got a banjo AND an electric guitar this way. Hue hue. Worth making a new ebay account for $500.

Just because something seems right to you, doesn't make it reality. Try taking a college course on state law.

Do people really kill themselves over a couple thousand dollars?

Over their own stupidity, not money

trolling or retarded top shelf kek
laptop is gone
I sell on ebay too, you're fucked op (if true)
try checking twice next time and you won't lose 4 figures then cry on an imageboard

1.Retrieve money
2.delete all accounts

Best thing Amazon could do is terminate your account.

Legally it does not matter WHAT is in the box, as long as it is not what you paid for. When you pay for something mail order (or online) the seller is contractually obligated to send you what you paid for in a box to your door. If they send you something else, be it a rubber hose or a brick of gold, if it isn't what you paid for, you are entitled to get what you paid for. On the flip side, it is THEIR fault that they put something in a package, with your name on it and sent it out. They MAILED that to you, and it is YOURS to KEEP.

There is no legal gray area here. There is no court case. OP gave some nigger a laptop. End of story.

Yeah, I sell on Ebay too. As if customer service is going to help an Ebay seller. ha-ha. Ha-HA fat chance.

I TOOK A PIC BEFORE SHIPPING OF THE PACKAGES AND THE LABELS ARE TOO BLURRY TO TELL WHICH ONE IS WHICH HOW CAN I MAKE THE IMAGE CLEARER AS I ZOOM IN?

The usps AT MOST would just weigh the package and update the weight to what it actually is... Also a MBP doesn't weigh 15 lbs you dumbass, in a box it's at most like 6 lbs.

They don't give a shit about weight until it's something over the $125 that a Ground carrier is supposed to handle.

Source: I work in a warehouse and you're fucking dumb.

Doesn't apply, this wasn't unsolicited.

As for your second point, look up "unjust enrichment." You are obliged to return the more expensive item at the seller's expense.

Report the sn as stolen to apple.

You win.

Easy, send a very direct certified letter saying he was sent a MacBook by mistake, and then a bill for the MacBook.

this IS illegal

This is being taken out of context. The item was solicited, just misrepresented at the seller's honest mistake. The buyer and seller had made a business agreement and therefore the transaction was solicited. It is the buyer's obligation to rectify the contract at the expense of the seller.

GJ copy/pasting shit though, no seriously, great job son.

>it's up to men not to rape!

I hope every girl who does shit like this gets raped, I really do.

yeah lol. fuck that. OP is toast

lol you're a psychopath
try having sex once or twice

I'm pretty sure he intends to...

Forcibly

illegal. Anyone could send anything and then send a bill. FTC controls this shit.

No. Good luck using the words "honest mistake" in court. If you pay for something to be shipped to you in the mail and you don't get it, you are entitled to get the item you ordered and not something else. Your customer does not bear the burden of your own mistakes, in their favor or not.

nice

I estimate that I've probably had sex let's see

5.5 years with girlfriend averaging 3x/week.....3 other long term girlfriends which were probably worth about 150-250 each..we'll average that to be 600 total leave it on the low side. then like 20 randoms, so probably about 150 repetitions out of those girls

I've had sex, I would estimate, 1608 times in my life. Ballpark figure, i would virtually guarantee it's within 150 of that.

I might be slightly different than other people, but it don't mean I haven't had sex.

Girls who disrupt learning environment to try to show their asshole, and then defend their "right" to do it, deserve to be raped. You get what you ask for in life and lessons need to be learned. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

If it's on eBay, just ask for him to ship it back. Even offer to pay for the shipping. Go from there. Good luck.

seeYou are wrong lol. Why do you think you're right when you're wrong user? Oh I know, next comes "I wuz just trollinz" followed by the bait maymay.

You have absolutely no foundation for what you're talking about.

Listen, to all of you idiots that think the buyer is responsible for anything other than jacking off on his brand new laptop....

I will make a throw away ebay account and email if anyone wants to challenge me. Send me an item by mistake and it is then up to you to then see for yourself just how I will be obligated to send it back. I'm all for getting free stuff, so please someone challenge me to this.

>I've had sex, I would estimate, 1608 times in my life.
if this isn't pasta this is some epic tier autism

>this level of autism
>girlfriend ever

All signs point to no my friend.

Hah hah hah hah hah hah.

You newfags, and your crazy ideas about how shit really works.

>doing simple calculations on numbers with up to 3 digits is "epic tier autism"

You can do the calculations really easily too! 0 * 0 = 0 in your case

holy shit that's impressive man, you're totally cool and not autistic

Say sorry it was a mixup let me pay for the shipping and you'll get the macbook shipped within a few days prior. Sorry about the mixup my man.

Retard insurance?
You guys are lunatics. There's no recourse. if you send gold bars to random people there's no expectation for them to send them back
Madness

underrated comment

You have his address. go there and say that you cum on the laptop all the time. and ask him if u can do it one more time.

run with the laptop

welcome

>I have no problem breaking the law so the laws don't apply to anyone.

Yeah there's the flaw in your argument, you're a degenerate who thinks laws don't matter. Your argument is stands just as tall as "If I robbed the bank and didn't get caught then it must have been legal."

TL:DR you're a child who has no life obligations or understanding of society.

>only response from multiple people is "you're autistic"!!

yes, so autistic that i've had sex almost 2000 times

Well that would be knowingly dealing with someone who intends to commit fraud. The topic under discussion is making an error, not being a moron.

maybe you're autistic

This is how trade laws and consumer protection laws are written - to protect the consumer. No, the laptop was not solicited. Just because I paid for something to be sent to me in the mail does NOT mean I solicited anything else to be sent in the mail.

What you have here is a very plain and simple case of
A- Failing to send a customer the Iphone they paid for and
B- Sending a customer a package they had nothing to do with.

Good luck taking this to court or getting this guy to pay for it. If you want to push the issue you could try small claims, but I bet you that the customer in question will NEVER show up and you will be laughed out of court for it.

There is NOTHING illegal in taking a package with your name on it off of your doorstep, opening it, and keeping the shit inside. Good luck making any court see this any other way.

/thread

being totally fucking unaware of how autistic you are is a sign of autism

For your entire autistic comment to even be based on something, please go ahead and link the law to which you are referring. I'll be waiting.

P.s. I'm a semester away from finishing my masters degree in electrical engineering at Berkeley. Please tell me some more about how I have no life obligations.

Nigger, you done fucked up. Apologize and refund the guy his 2500. Maybe he'll give you the cellphone back and you can resell it for another 600.

Dont worry too much if you did all this on legally binding grounds then tbe other guy that got the laptop is obligated to return it and if he refuses you can contact the police or some other authority cause he is technically stealing someone else's property

>being able to do grade-school arithmetic is a sign of autism

You know what's not a sign of autism? Being able to make intimate social connections with people at will

>arguing over your own sex calculations on Sup Forums
yeah you're hitting a home run with that one buddy

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unjust_enrichment
legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/unjust enrichment
dictionary.law.com/default.aspx?selected=2197

What are:

Order numbers
Credit Card Numbers
Banks
Photographic Evidence

I'm not arguing that OP will get his money back from a potential dickcheese. I am arguing that keeping that item is illegal and that you haven't a clue about what you type. Christ, Summer.

who's arguing? I'm laughing at y'all and y'all are calling me autistic all the time

that's right I use the word "y'all" and I have had sex at least 1.5 thousand times

i also have man tits. I've fucked a girl who later went back to her boyfriend who was a college football player. lol.

You should probably be asking for advice right about now, if you want to get laid in college and beyond

Itt-
People who think the op is going to even come close to getting his laptop back when the US can't even touch Edward snowden. Kek

This is actually pretty masterful bait at this point.

OP HERE THE OTHER GUY RESPONDED! HE SAID THAT HE HASN"T EVEN OPENED THE PACKAGE YET BECAUSE HE REALIZED THERE'S NO WAY I'D PUT A TINY PHONE IN THAT BIG BOX! HE SAID HE'S GONNA SHIP IT BACK TOMORROW! THE OTHER GUY IS GONNA SHIP THE PHONE BACK TOO THANK GOD BOTH OF THESE BUYERS HAVE A GOOD REP WITH LIKE HUNDREDS OF ORDERS

First, the plaintiff must have provided the defendant with something of value while expecting compensation in return. Second, the defendant must have acknowledged, accepted, and benefited from whatever the plaintiff provided. Third, the plaintiff must show that it would be inequitable or Unconscionable for the defendant to enjoy the benefit of the plaintiff's actions without paying for it.

Can you even read?

did you start with your sister and work your way up or was she a stretch goal for your slaying career

>P.s. I'm a semester away from finishing my masters degree in electrical engineering at Berkeley
Well that explains everything. All you've ever been taught is it's all about you.

Poor guy. You don't understand the definition of illegal. You should have linked that as well.