In this day in age why don't movies focus more on firearm realism?

In this day in age why don't movies focus more on firearm realism?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=H5FgePpGFWA
youtube.com/watch?v=tpr8oqyjKIc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What does "this day and age" have to do with filmmaker's attitudes towards firearms realism?

It's 2016. There is no excuse for unrealistic gunplay in films.

Because nobody cares unless it's completely retarded. Do I care if Jesse Ventura's chaingun actually works in Predator? Do I care if Schwarzenegger can jump through the air while shooting two machine guns in Commando? Is it my problem how the rail guns work in Eraser?

No. It's like when you see a movie with a doctor or a nurse and they keep telling you how something isn't medically possible. Nobody gives a shit you pedantic fucks. Shut the fuck up.

>be Californian
>ban guns
>get shot by criminals because they don't obey the law anyway

/k/ you're the most autistic board get out

Effort, care, talent, audience expectations. All of these are in low quantity with american cinema.

There's a very good excuse.

The general movie-going public doesn't care and it's a complicating hassle for filmmakers that doesn't really add anything to the story they're trying to tell.

>Do I care if Jesse Ventura's chaingun actually works in Predator?
It does funny enough.
youtube.com/watch?v=H5FgePpGFWA

You ask this question as if everything else in movies is already realistic.

Nothing in movies is realistic. Not the characters, not their relationships, not their impossibly quick wit, not the car chases. Nothing.

The one he had in Predator was much bigger. I think they had to plug it in or something.

Trigger discipline is really the only thing that gets me. Some movies do get this right though and I think it's probably more so related to the actor having an understanding of real firearm safety in most cases.

Also, note how the guy gets swept back a few feet whenever he fires it. There is no way you can just fire that thing like they do in Predator.

the only two things that piss me off is when they show a striker fire gun not firing because somethings blocking the fucking hammer (like in ant-man) or when the slide/action doesn't lock back when it's empty

Hollywood hates guns, and leaks showed their future strategy to paint firearms in a bad light in movies to sway public opinion against them.
Stuff like including more
>characters openly disliking guns
>children finding guns resulting in tragedy
>people carrying legally for self defence failing to defend themselves when attacked
>accidental deaths
Fucking disgusting stuff. Anybody know what I'm talking about, got the link? It was a leaked email from some Hollywood higherup.

Jessie is also WAY bigger than the guy in the video

why does the hammer exist then? only for double trigger?

There is no way you could competently fire that on foot regardless of how big you are.

That because m134s are electric.

The guy in the bid isn't build like a brick shithouse either. Cant say a bigger guy would have been that much better but the original point was whether or not it was functional, not how effective it was.

Well I'm not understanding wtf your question actually means, but if you can sort it out I'll tell you.

Character has a shootout in a populated place and you're going to complain about gun safety

WEW LAD

>implying the people that ban guns don't have their own personal bodyguards with guns

basically yes, cock it back for a single action pull, leave it for a double action pull on the initial shot
triggers come in "multiple actions" variations, he referred to the fact that a hammer fired gun has multiple actions in it being a potential double action that cocks and releases the hammer (2 actions) or you can manually cock the hammer and the trigger only releases it (single action) which also results in a significantly lighter trigger pull and a lighter pull helps with accuracy

>be any country ever
>ban murder
>get killed by criminals because they don't obey the law anyway

>be dumb religious Mom
>ban heroin
>son dies from dope overdose because they don't obey the law anyway

see how this works?

so you're saying that none of these 3 guys when they were back in peak shape of the early 2000's could have even had a shot at it?

forgot the goddamn picture

>be europe
>ban guns to stop murder
>people still murder
>muslims invade, can't defend self
>try to get government to help
>get jailed for hate speech

Exactly, I'm glad you get it. Either way the kid OD's on heroin. Why make a point to ban it?

Gun free zones are bad because they lead to mass shootings. I mean, I can't think of a particular mass shooting that took place in a gun free zone, but I'm sure it happens.

There's probably a fancy name for this, but I think that because firearms have been portrayed so wrongly in most movies, the audience basically expects things to be that way or they feel weirded out.

It's not just limited to firearms either; I mean look at how most shows and movies can't even get driving right.

>be muslim
>smuggle illegal machine guns into paris and murder everyone
>EU fixes everything by further regulating civilian ownership of semi autos

why don't they show people cooking properly

or playing video games properly

or using the bathroom?

>schools aren't gun free zones now
>military bases aren't gun free zones now
>france isn't a gun free zone now
>norway isn't a gun free zone now
>the aurora movie theater that had signs specifically requesting people not carry in the building isn't a gun free zone now

its too late.

Audiences have come to expect certain things from firearm use in film even if these assumptions are unrealistic they have been so prevalent that to change them now would trigger normies everywhere.

A better question would be which movies DO show good firearm realism.

John Wick

I mean he operates beyond what a person should be able to, but a gun in somebody that skilled hands would work like that. I'm pretty sure they fuck up the shot counts still but at least he's actively reloading the whole film

youtube.com/watch?v=tpr8oqyjKIc

Wonder if Keanu himself insisted on this, he certainly loves his real guns after all.