youtube.com/watch?v=fNvH2fzKNMQ
youtube.com/watch?v=HW-n6GWFAvI
youtube.com/watch?v=lNcTePruv3Y
youtube.com/watch?v=EelvKqhu1M4
youtube.com/watch?v=5IJmvkXm2D4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

their music will heal and cure you dummy
you should go

yeah, it's not like I'll be able to restrain myself anyway.
have you been to one of their recent shows?

I'm going next week. But from past experience go unless you are dying.

p4k dropped the ball/someone messed up but i guess we know this is happening sunday night for sure?

twitter.com/pitchfork/status/799855993723166720

go lad

i reckon the ppl in berlin tonight are gonna hate their set lol

Are these guys the pinnacle of electronic music?

youtu.be/rX8NMaGEs6g

I guess so.

oh my....

Aphex Twin > Autechre

Boards Of Canada > Autechre

Daft Punk > Autechre

Many more also.
Overrated as hell.

Cool beans.

You just named three extremely overrated (and boring) musicians there.

youtube.com/watch?v=7Lm5e39CPb4

this new live set they're doing is so intriguing yet so...odd. i wonder how the crowds are reacting to it - mostly the first 30 minutes?

You should still go ! Sit in the back and relax

if we go and ignore over 60 years of electronic music history, sure

youtube.com/watch?v=fNvH2fzKNMQ
youtube.com/watch?v=HW-n6GWFAvI
youtube.com/watch?v=lNcTePruv3Y
youtube.com/watch?v=EelvKqhu1M4

Sorry but Autechre blast all this old stuff away. We have to be honest, no one does what Autechre do, they're one of a kind.

see

Literally nothing Autechre do is new or innovative, or interesting if you're familiar with older electronic music.

Autechre are quite literally Stockhausen for the rockist/EDM generation.

You can't be serious.

>Stockhausen for the rockist/EDM generation
Is this a new meme? If so, it's just dumb.

saw em last month, pitch dark show, 32 people got sick and had to throw up

sounds just as self-indulgent and wanky as richard devine's stuff

RIP ae 1990-2016

Not that guy, but that's a little reductive. Autechre are not interested in serialism, nor was Stockhausen overly concerned with rhythm, which has always been Autechre's primary focus.

The comparison doesn't really hold water - and while that dude was asking for it wrt to "pinnacle of electronic music" - ion your end t's still silly to compare dance producers with classical composers as well.

Great argument.

Autechre have incomparable and superior sound design, the textural amount of elements in their music is astounding. I don't think you can think of someone who does a more detailed and complicated work than them today.

lot of praise for something that is essentially max/msp wank drenched in reverb

1987*

if you don't go, you're going to regret it for the rest of your life

you have to be there in person, honestly. both the bass and the physicality of it blasting on a huge system plays a integral role in the current set. you won't get that from a recording.

> max/msp wank
lol what does this even mean? probably that you can't come up with a proper criticism.

5 days until Autechre live at the Royal Festival Hall

yes im excited

The generic deluded guy who doesn't like ae. I guess you can make better things in MaxMsp, am I right?

its called Max now u dweeb

i was there and i kinda agree with him

Sound design is literally the weakest aspect of Autechre's music. Their heights come from their selection of sounds and the way they arrange those sounds in their compositions. Sound sculpting-wise they are still beat by ISAM (an album that is 5 years old already) and various 20th century composers as mentioned above.

You're literally talking out of your ass.

Look at the aliens:
youtube.com/watch?v=5IJmvkXm2D4

wew ae fans confirmed for worse than dream theater fans

hmm, well i completely disagree. thought it was a fantastic performance from them.

OP here, I can't go. Just realized the earliest train home after the show would be arriving around 4AM, which means 5 hours of waiting in the cold.
I could've known this before I bought the ticket so I guess I deserve the punishment.
Maybe I should ask the lads to play some warm tunes for me and chat about wank and dream theater for 5 hours

Again, not him, but you're acting as if it's an objective measure lol. I've never been a fan of ISAM/Tobin's sound design - it's way too clinical and clean for my tastes. People always talk about Autechre as being super mechanical/robotic but I disagree - they've always had this gritty sensibility to their sound, which most likely comes from their hip-hop background.

whats wrong with max? it is a very powerful tool to make stuff, you can craft precisely what sound you want to create. also yeah stockhausen is much more out there but this is exactly why i love ae, it doesnt go into the autistic wankery that is academic electronic music

How does one judge sound design

>ISAM by Amon Tobin

This is pathetic, but afterall is your own taste. I understand you don't like Autechre but it just seems you try hard to sound wise about electronic music. I'm well aware of the history of electronic composers, but my argument is about the contemporary scene of today.

If not Autechre, who? Who's pushing the boundaries?

lmao what is wrong with what i said? certain music is definitely more potent on a larger system vs home listening. certainly a sizable variety of club/dance music genres.

nice ad hominem tho lad.

this. autechre are p much the antithesis to academia so i dunno why stockhausen/xenakis et al are always brought up in relation to them, though i do enjoy and respect those composers and their work.

I'd like to hear your argument on how Autechre are pushing boundaries.

I think the lads are controlled by Max