The reality of the economic situation in Canada

The reality of the economic situation in Canada

>graduate university with 30k in student loans
>if you're lucky you will beat out the other 1000's of applicants and find a entry level job, or have some family or friend connections
>chances are though you will be unemployed for a few months then find a 30k/year* dead end job with no upward mobility to pay the bills

*after taxes and conversion to USD you will be making 18k/year

Or you can

>illegally cross the border into Montana and work as a construction labourer $15/h tax free, this will get you 40k Canadian dollars a year almost twice as much as having a "real" job in Canada
>if you need healthcare you can cross back over the border
>if you have enough trade skills you can make $20/h USD even

The Canadian economy is so TERRIBLE people are literally border hopping illegally to America to work as laborers like a bunch of fucking Mexicans

Even the most educated Canadians seem to be immigrating to the US nowadays, especially with Silicon valley. Why doesn't Canada have their own center for high tech jobs?

lmao @ Canadian tech industry

>need a CS or engineering degree to get some 60k a year job working 70 hours a week competing with 1000's of other applicants
>have to move to Toronto or Vancouver where a house is 1.5+ million dollars
>or you can move to America and make 100k(125k Canadian) starting per year working 40 hours a week and actually be able to afford a house

Yes but that comes at the cost of living in America. As a tourist I didn't feel safe in the U.S and I certainly wouldn't live there.

>cost of living in America

Cheap as fuck compared to Canada, just move to a middle class white area and the police are a borderline fascist paramilitary so it's pretty safe

Cities are the ones with heavy police presence, and southern border towns.

You sound like a pussy desu.

you didn't feel safe in the usa? kek i hope you're not a grown man
he doesn't mean actual cost of living, but that he doesn't want to live there because it's too dangerous

lol...if you stay out of nigger areas the U.S. is as safe as Europe. just don't go walking around inner-cities if you don't know where you going

no it isn't europe is way safer.

that being said, you're a complete pussy if you're afraid of america for being too dangerous.

>browse Sup Forums and hope for the best

Here's your problem m8, it's not Canada's fault

There are places outside of Bed Stuy, Compton, and Englewood

>illegally cross the border into Montana and work as a construction labourer $15/h tax free, this will get you 40k Canadian dollars a year almost twice as much as having a "real" job in Canada
couldn't you just legally do that in alberta. I hear it's like a gold rush there everything is expensive except gas and you get paid fat cash to work at timmies.

>i-it's not d-dangerous if you avoid all the dangerous places lmao

Even Syria is safe as fuck, with this logic

Unemplyoyment has been at 15% in Alberta since 2014, read the news nigga

You're retarded, man. Stay out of ghettos.

Oh damn

good for me I don't rely on third world industries cause I hit the books instead

What's with all these Canadians who keep bitching about Canada?

Stop whining and do something about it. I know I am.

probably an exaggeration
some people bitch about college debts and no jobs here as well
but it may or may not be true
depends on your situation

The dangerous places really aren't that numerous desu. Like unless you're visiting Detroit or New Orleans you really have to go out of your way to end up in some dangerous shithole. You have to really go out and look.

Unlike in, say, Paris where you just have to drive to the suburbs to find a bunch of subliterate feral Maghrebi animals gang-raping girls for not being sufficiently modest.

Thing's I've done to improve my lot in Canada:
>working since age 15(age 13 if you count paper routes and shoveling snow)
>trade school
>uncompeted apprentichip after failing to find more work
>STEM degree
>internship at fortune 500 company, job offer rescinded after oil went kaput
>multiple certifications and training courses

Now I'm just raking in the big bucks making ...$18/h driving a forklift

Really great opportunities in Canadaâ„¢

Consider opportunities abroad, then.

have you been to your banlieues lately

And even in Detroit, you need to avoid some really shitty hoods, and why would yo go there.

move out of Canadouche

>move to America and make 100k(125k Canadian) starting per year working 40 hours a week and actually be able to afford a house
I did this, mostly true but no fucking way you're affording a house in the bay area (i.e. the place with the 6 figure jobs) on 100k/yr

lmao

the fucking br00tal take down in this post made my heart sing

>graduated from top biz school and now top law school
>starting articling in securities and M&A law at a BIGLAW firm on Bay St this June

Why didnt you peasants study an employable skill rather than critical feminist general studies?

it would be nice to live in texas or someplace

>The Canadian economy is so TERRIBLE people are literally border hopping illegally to America to work as laborers like a bunch of fucking Mexicans
haha

nothing of the likes happen here

ps. norwegians consider half a sandwich a proper LUNCH and are shocked when you order actual food for lunch

>Eating more than half a sandwich

Fat bastard

>*after taxes and conversion to USD you will be making 18k/year
CAD is actually very economical when you buy stuff on the site which allows you to pay for it like bandcamp.

i dont know much about why CAD/AUD is relatively so cheap. heard their videogames in retail stores are overpriced.