Anyone else have a problem listening to new music?

Anyone else have a problem listening to new music?

I always find myself coming back to more diverse albums I've listened to before.

Like why would I listen to any other new rap or hip-hop besides Kanye, Kendrick Lamar, Rae Sremmurd, Drake, etc. I find myself just saying

>the beat sucks
>the sample sucks
>the lyrics suck because they are shit-tier or they try too hard to be intellectual

Radio shit is just shit and underground shit is just too tryhard

Anyone else in my position? What do you do? And this goes for multiple genres as well, not just rap.

Try just finding albums at random and giving them a listen instead of going for a specific artist.

Say you have a spotify. Whatever the first recommended album is. Listen to it. Don't even look who it's by. For me at least, the fun is the surprise.

why would you listen to rap and hip-hop in the first place
It's shit

try MF DOOM, Madlib, Quasimoto ect if you haven't already..

recently got into Quasimotos first 2 albums and their great desu

>more diverse albums I've listened to before.
> Kanye, Kendrick Lamar, Rae Sremmurd, Drake

lol

Eminem is shitting out something next year we can look forward to that

>Kendrick Lamar
kek

diverse was the wrong word, i rewrote the post halfway through.

I meant to say I stick to already preferred albums and artists.

Everyone has a section of a few years where all the music they like most came out. That's why old guy think music peaked in the 70s, because it did for them. In ten years you'll be whining about how music isn't what it used to be and like 09-14 was the peak of music or whatever

It's probably very difficult to make a rap album with this level of production

Try Blue Sky Black Death though and tell me what you think

you have shit taste, its that simple

>Rae Sremmurd
keke

Why do people shit so much on Kendrick? I'm not a huge fan, but it just seems like a bunch of contrarians have decided to hate him

Also, Rae Sremmurd op? wtf.

Anyways, you should listen to Young Thug. That's the solution

BLACK BEATLE IN THE CITY XD

sorry man but old hip hop is dead and gone, let these young bulls shine mane, the youth of today likes em and sad to say there the fan base that most artist try to appeal too

Yeah, I think high production value is what I would use to describe what I like.

Not to say I don't love rap from the 90's/early 00's. But I figure all the stuff I like from those decades are the 'high production' stuff too. Wu-Tang, Eminem, DMX, NWA, Juicy J etc.

sorry man but old hip hop is dead and gone, let these young bulls shine mane, the youth of today likes em and sad to say there the fan base that most artist try to appeal too.

>the lyrics suck because they are shit-tier
You sound like a real intelligent guy

To be fair I'm not saying the rappers I like have great lyrics. Kanye, Drake, Kendrick etc.

They have some interesting/funny/catchy lines but I'm no poet or student of the English language and I certainly don't dissect anything further than face value which, believe me, is all I think that even the 'smart' albums like To Pimp a Butterfly have.

>hurr you just don't get it

I think most people get it, that's why those rappers are extremely popular in the first place. And even then, their lyrics don't really come off as pretentious or utter nonsense like most underground rappers or radio rappers do.

because he's popular

hey pinhead rae sremmurd is a group not a person

What I've tried to do a lot this year is challenge myself to simply just sit through and listen to albums I've never encountered before. Lately I'll go chart threads, see who has a similar taste and say to myself "I'm going to listen to every album on this list that I don't know." I've waded through a lot of bad but I've found some good stuff and in general I can talk about music a lot more.

>Blue Sky Black Death

I think I got through half of that album a couple of years ago and stopped. It's not good.

i think he was answering my question about kendrick

You talk like a fag and your shits all retarded.

Try listening to good music. Protip, it won't have shit to do with kendrick lamar.

Livin' in a Dream and This For The Street are absolute bangers, check this album and give them a listen but skip the intro

Also, this guy is huge in australia but not mainstream because the radio refuses to play him. So now he just talks shit about them

>Kendrick Lamar
I'll never understand this meme

Yeezus has a few stand-out tracks but is overall unfocused and at times lazy

Pablo is a mess of ideas, terrible lyrics, and completely forgettable track after completely forgettable track

Kanye fans refuse to admit he's fallen off hard since MBDTF. His first five albums were brilliant, but whatever he had (better ghost writers, better producers, better mastering) it's all gone.

That's wrong, fag. MBDTF was his weakest album. It just gets a pass because it was his first 'different' one

What don't you understand?

Pablo has bad lyrics, but everytime I put it on I remember that I actually enjoy far most of the songs. I like the way he's using empty spaces in a more raw and at the same time "electrical" (in lack of better word) sense than Drake does.

But I guess you're right, he did fall off, but I that might be because he's doing so many other things and just can't be bothered.

808s and even graduation were far more 'different' than MBDTF... you literally have no idea what you're talking about. If anything MBDTF was a 'return to form' and could be criticized for being his least 'different' album.

This fucking meme has to stop, MBDTF is not his weakest album, lad

>Rae Sremmurd, Drake, etc
consider kys

that's honest advice btw

When did he start using ghostwriters? I've never heard a citation for this claim before

rhymesayers wrote some of his best verses, it's not really direct ghost writers like drake though. Kanye is always heavily involved. Basically the majority of kanyes verses are group efforts unlike say Andre 3000, Ice Cube, or Eminem who write all their own shit.

So he's kinda like Dr. Dre, where other people write his verses but he has ultimate control over them, and changes the flow and wording to suit his purposes? What album would you say he started using ghostwriters?

>ctrl-f "danny brown"
>0 of 0

so none of you know what the fuck you're talking about, great.

maybe stop coming here

Drake doesn't have a ghost writer

Sounds like you don't like hip hop, user. Its okay, there are other genres.

OP here

I like Danny Brown

drake has never written a single line, he's borderline retarded. All his lyrics were written by someone else. FACT.

Hi Meek!

Fuck you, asshole.

you've crossed a line here

cuck

subtle bait, i like it

Ironic bait (because I unironically like kerser and really liked the new album)

>there are people in this thread RIGHT NOW that dont think graduation was, by an absurdly large margin, kanye's worst album

yes and I'm one of them
I think it's his 3rd best no memeing