Insane Marlon Brando Trivia thread

Let's get this shit started:
>While filming Island of Dr. Moreau, Marlon Brando wore a small radio receiver to aid him remembering his lines. Co-star David Thewlis claimed "He'd be in the middle of a scene and suddenly he'd be picking up police messages and Marlon would repeat, 'There's a robbery at Woolworths'."

>It was Marlon Brando's idea for Doctor Moreau to wear an ice-bucket on his head in one scene. He came up with the idea out of boredom.

>It was Marlon Brando's idea for Doctor Moreau to resemble The Pope, as he felt that he was blaspheming against nature.

>When Richard Stanley (film director) met Marlon Brando, New Line insisted on sending a female executive to document it. At his house, Brando increasingly turned on the air conditioning until she fell asleep. Afterwards, he and Stanley proceeded to discuss the film.

>When David Thewlis arrived onset of Dr. Moreau, Marlon Brando said to him, "Go home, David. This is not a good film to work on. It's cursed".

>Marlon Brando routinely spent hours in his air-conditioned trailer when he was supposed to be on camera, while actors and extras sweltered in the tropical heat in full make-up and heavy costumes.

>On October 26th, 1986 Marlon Brando stormed the set of a low budget biopic based on a feminist African-American woman's struggles. He angrily forced the crew to continue filming while he berated the actress for 27 minutes in a long diatribe about race-mixing, women's roles as 'barefoot housewives only good for sucking cock, cooking, cleaning, having and taking care of a man's kids and not a black man...", and an elaborate conspiracy involving several Jewish, Asian and Hispanic crewmembers and directors forcing him to "do this" (storm the set). To the day he died he never spoke of the incident again publicly and denounced the project he was sourced to work on at the time after several angry crew and cast members as well as directors prompted legal action for his rant. The case was dismissed after Marlon bribed the judge for $5,000. In the settlements all traces of the tapes of the incident were permanently destroyed per the judge's orders. Several employees and ex-employees involved have shed light to the public about the incident and over the years settlements have been paid by the Brando estate and fortune after the decision was overturned after the critically acclaimed actor passed..

>In Apocalypse Now, Marlon Brando improvised a lot of Kurtz's dialogue, including an eighteen-minute speech of which only two minutes survived the final cut. According to Peter Manso's "Brando," Meade Roberts, screenwriter for Vidas em Fuga (1960), later heard the entire monologue and said that while some of it was incoherent, most of it was brilliant. At the end of the speech, Brando reportedly said to director Francis Ford Coppola, "Francis, I've gone as far as I can go. If you need more, you can get another actor."

>Marlon Brando was paid $1 million in advance. He threatened to quit and keep the advance. Director Francis Ford Coppola told his agent that he did not care, and if they could not get Brando, they would try Jack Nicholson, Robert Redford, and then Al Pacino. Brando eventually turned up late, drunk, 40kg (about 88lbs) overweight, and admitted he had not read the script or even "Heart of Darkness," the book the film was based on. He read Coppola's script, and refused to do it. After days of arguments over single lines of dialogue, an ad-lib style script was agreed upon, and this was shot according to Brando's stipulations that he be filmed mostly in shadows.

>When director Francis Ford Coppola first described the role to Marlon Brando, Brando remarked that an American colonel would not have a name like Kurtz; he would have an English name like "Leighley." Having never read "Heart of Darkness," Brando did not appreciate the reference. Brando eventually read "Heart of Darkness," but not until after the film's completion. After reading the book and liking it, Brando demanded that his name be changed to Kurtz in the film, and Harrison Ford's lines were dubbed to accommodate him.

>Brando had to sue Francis Ford Coppola to get all the money owed to him from his percentage of the profits of Apocalypse Now (1979). Brando characterized the people in the movie industry as "liars" to Lawrence Grobel (who conducted his 1979 Playboy interview): "Even Francis Coppola owed me one-and-a-half million and I have to sue him. They all do that, as they make interest on the money . . . so they delay paying . . . It's all so ugly, I hate the idea of having to act, but there's no other way to do it".

What a pain in the ass.

>Ctrl+F "frog"
>not found

>Director Francis Ford Coppola spent days reading Joseph Conrad's source novel "Heart of Darkness" out loud to Marlon Brando on the set.

>On March 16th, 1980 Marlon Brando roofied a Florida flight attendant and in a fit of rage raped, strangled, beat and slapped the 22 year old college student and wife for refusing to perform sexual favors on him.

>She survived the ordeal but had to have extensive surgery to repair her skull which was fractured in the brawl.

"He was an avid user of the Internet in his final years, often going into chat rooms to start arguments."

B A S E D
A
S
E
D

>During an early shot of the scene where Vito Corleone returns home and his people carry him up the stairs, Marlon Brando put weights under his body on the bed as a prank, to make it harder to lift him.

>Action please, Marlon

I have one about George Lucas.
>We spoke to a costume designer for Return of the Jedi about his experiences with the infamous director
>"I was very young back then, only twenty-two. I only met [Lucas] twice. The first time was very early in the movie's production, before the script had even been written. At that time, Lando wasn't going to fly the Millennium Falcon during the big climatic battle. Instead it was going to be the ship's original owner, who would tragically be killed saving the galaxy, and constantly argue with Han and so on. Lucas wanted it to be an alien, so I made this elaborate costume up, with a weird devil-frog face."
>"In retrospect, I admit it was not good enough for a major character."
>"The second time I met Lucas, he told me the character was cut. We ended up using the costume for a random extra in Jabba's Palace"

>Marlon Brando set a catering table on fire while smoking a cuban cigar in between shots during Apocalypse Now

>Marlon Brando refused to memorize most of his lines in advance. In the scene where he puts infant Kal-El into the escape pod, he was actually reading his lines from the diaper of the baby.

>Gianni Russo used his organized crime connections to secure the role of Carlo Rizzi, going so far as to get a camera crew to film his own audition and send it to the producers. However, Marlon Brando was initially against having Russo, who had never acted before, in the film; this made Russo furious and he went to threaten Brando. However, this reckless act proved to be a blessing in disguise, because Brando thought Russo was acting and was convinced he would be good for the role.

>Burt Reynolds was considered for the part of Sonny Corleone by director Coppola, but Marlon Brando refused to work with him, considering him a second-rate actor. Also there was supposed animosity dating back to when Reynolds did an episode of the Twilight Zone years earlier, in which he spoofed Brando's persona; Brando reportedly was not amused by the episode and had never liked Reynolds since.

Brando is so fucking based.

Who is the closest star in Hollywood today to him? Will there ever be another Brando?

>Brando was expelled from high school, allegedly for riding a motorcycle down the hallway, which forced his father to send him to Shattuck Military Academy in Faribault, Minnesota. Once there, Brando wrote that one night he climbed the bell tower, removed the 150-pound clapper, then carried the clapper 200 yards and buried it. In a stroke of genius, Brando then organized a committee to find out who was responsible. He was never caught, but got himself expelled anyway for other infractions. After that, in the spring of 1943, he moved to New York to live with his sister in Greenwich Village.

M A D M A N

>According to his autobiography "Brando: Songs My Mother Taught Me", the reason why Marlon Brando refused to do a full frontal nude scene in Last Tango in Paris was because his "penis shrank to the size of a peanut on set".

pics of brando and his pet raccoon
1/3

A literal God

2/3

>Brando starred in The Score (2001), directed by Frank Oz, a noted puppeteer who operated and voiced Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear, Cookie Monster, Grover, and Yoda. The trouble began when Brando played his homosexual character "way over the top" on the first day of shooting, according to Oz—who also admitted to being "too tough" on Brando when he told him to tone it down.

In response, Brando began referring to Oz as "Miss Piggy." Co-star Robert DeNiro ended up serving as a sort of mediator, and would deliver Oz's directions to Brando. For one scene, shot over two days, Brando was so upset that he refused to act with Oz in the room, so the director had to watch outside with a monitor.

3/3
I suggest looking up Brando: Songs My Mother Taught Me and searching it for his stories about the raccoon. It's adorable and shows how weird he was, even when he was young.

this is one of my favorite celebrity photos, rivaling lennon's silly walk photo

>After being cast as Jor-El, Superman's father in Richard Donner's 1978 superhero flick, Brando suggested that it might be better if he simply provided the voice of the character. "He suggested—strongly—that Jor-El could be a suitcase or a green bagel that spoke with Brando's voice," producer Ilya Salkind recalled. "I was really young and I was sweating it out. I said 'My God, this is finished, the movie will not happen ... The man will destroy everything. This is impossible. Jor-El will be a bagel.'" Fortunately, Donner stepped in: "Marlon, I think that people want to see Marlon Brando playing Jor-El. They don't want to see a green bagel."

His grandson looks like a living JoJo's Bizarre adventure character

IS TAT TRUE

kek

>Still upset over having the role of Terry Malloy taken away from him, Sinatra held a grudge, and repeatedly referred to Brando as "Mumbles." Sinatra also declared that he didn't go for Brando and "that Method crap."

>The two ended up starring in Guys and Dolls (1955) together, with Sinatra as Nathan Detroit and Brando as Sky Masterson. To get back at Sinatra for his adamant dislike of rehearsing, Brando purposely screwed up at the end of scenes to necessitate a retake. In one scene, Brando reportedly messed up nine times in a row because Sinatra had to eat a piece of cheesecake every time. After the ninth mistake, Sinatra threw his plate to the ground, jammed his fork on the table, and screamed at the director, "These f**king New York actors! How much cheesecake do you think I can eat?"

>Brando's son Christian, 32, told police he had accidentally killed the man, the boyfriend of his 20-year-old half-sister, Cheyenne. The pregnant Cheyenne, Christian said, had complained to him at dinner that evening of being slapped around by her 6'3", 270-lb. lover, a Tahitian named Dag Drollet. Christian, his attorneys later maintained, had confronted Drollet with a .45 cal. handgun that went off when Drollet tried to wrest it away from him. There were reportedly no witnesses: Marlon Brando, 66, his Tahitian common-law wife, Tarita Teriipia, 48, and Cheyenne had been in other parts of the mountaintop house when they heard a shot. Marlon, defense attorneys say, rushed to the den and attempted mouth-to-mouth resuscitation before and after phoning 911 for assistance. But the bullet had exited through Drollet's neck, and he was beyond help.

>Besides the gun that killed Drollet, 26, police confiscated from Christian a .44cal. carbine, a shotgun, a MAC-10 machine-pistol, an M-14 assault rifle and what they said was a silencer. According to police, Cheyenne showed no signs of injury. "There was no abuse ever involved," insisted LAPD Det. Andy Monsue.

Hell of a fucking father huh

Holy shit I remember seeing this on the streets of Puerto Rico, haven't seen this in 3 years...

>At a dinner party in the 1960ʼs, Brando asked everyone to strip naked, he himself did so and then taking a lily from a nearby vase inserted up his ass.

Essential basedbrandokino

>In the 1980ʼs Brando bought a pair of electric eels for his pool. His son Christianʼs unsuspecting girlfriend, while skinny-dipping, was blown clean out of the water.

>The man will destroy everything. This is impossible. Jor-El will be a bagel.

>While filming a bondage scene in The Nightcomers, Marlon tied Stephanie Beacham to the bed and then went and had lunch.

I genuinely think he would have enjoyed Sup Forums.

>Marlon Brando once picked a frog out of a river took a bite out of it then put it back.

>Marlon Brando liked farting to such an extent that he seriously considered creating a commercial telephone line called ʻDial-a-Fartʼ where callers would have to guess celebrities purely by their farts.

>Marlon Brando once went to a bar in a wheelchair and when a evangelical woman told him that God would cure him he pretended to be miraculously healed, jumping up in the air before tap-dancing on the table.

>Marlon Brando was known to always happily supply the money for abortions to strangers.

>In the wake of Dr. King’s death, Marlon felt an affinity for the Black Panthers. They did not share this positive feeling. “They told me that they despised me because I was just another knee jerk white liberal to them.” After that, Marlon often made racist remarks regarding black people.

>Marlon’s son Christian spiraled out of control with drugs and alcohol as a teen. He would steal pot from neighbor Jack Nicholson’s stash. If Jack caught him, Christian Brando would imitate his part in Chinatown, saying “You do that again and I’ll break your fucking fingers, man.”

> screenwriter for Vidas em Fuga (1960)
hue

>Marlon Brando believed that by dripping a wet towel soaked with hot water on his head on a daily basis, he would never go bald.

>tfw I'm actually portuguese

Why did people put up with his bullshit? He was a great actor but come on

seems based desu

ew

Is that sheev?

>Marlon Brando met Marilyn Monroe when he elbowed her in the face by accident in an event. She replied, “There are no accidents.” She invited him over for sex the week before she died. In his autobiography Songs My Mother Taught Me he wrote, “I didn’t sense any depression or clue of impending self-destruction during her call. That’s why I’m sure she didn’t commit suicide. If someone is terminally depressed, no matter how clever they may be, or how expertly they try to conceal it, they will always give themselves away. I’ve always had an unquenchable curiosity about people, and I believe I would have sensed something was wrong if thoughts of suicide were anywhere near the surface of Marilyn’s mind. I have always believed she was murdered.”

Because they would make money if they put up with his shit

Does anyone have the hamburger stories? You know what i mean

if Brando had lived a little longer I guarantee he would've worked with Tim and eric

>While filming Mutiny on the Bounty, Marlon spied a Tahitian island and purchased it from the blind elderly American woman who lived there with forty cats and dogs. She had to go to Vallejo, CA for medical treatment. He bought the place for $200,000. Shortly after she moved she died.

>when he was filming Last Tango in Paris, Brando kept forgetting his lines, which by this point had been plastered all over the set and made a genuine request to have them stuck to the ass of the actress he was starring alongside
What a fucking absolute madman

This is actually cool.

>When Lew Wasserman tried to change the title of The Appaloosa to Southwest to Sonora, Marlon did not take it very well. He hired a group of mariachi players to go around Universal sing a song they had written called “Southwest to Sonora” until the studio ceded to his wishes.

People think this is because he was lazy, but it's actually because he didn't want to seem rehearsed.

>That interview with Larry King
>They're singing a song in the intro
>Brando interrupts Larry to say "Yer off key"
God bless that man

>On the set of A Countess From Hong Kong, during a close-up, Marlon asked Sophia Loren if she knew small hairs were coming out of her nose. She never spoke to him again.

He would have thought they were amateurs and beneath him.

>I was really young and I was sweating it out. I said 'My God, this is finished, the movie will not happen

Someone post the Paul Newman egg one.

This is great, why wouldn't they put up with it?

>Marlon hated having sex with a condom on. He regarded it as base.

based Jack, a true friend.

God he was sexy as fuck when he was young

>Marlon Brando used to travel on the New York subway with pieces of bread in his ears.

>M-14
>assault rifle

No one gives a fuck faggot

Shia is the new Brando

>When discussing ideas on One-Eyed Jacks with Stanley Kubrick, Brando would assume the lotus position and bang a huge gong with a mallet when he didnʼt like something Kubrick had said.

>Brando often rode on airplanes with his own custom flight plan, listing an imaginary group of associates cleverly disguised as common words. He would read this flight plan out loud to the amusement of his fellow passengers.

No, perhaps in another 50 years.
Jews don't count.

please dont make marlon a meme..

The term "battle rifle" wasn't invented until after it was phased out. Faggot.

>While visiting the zoo, Marlon got into a spitting fight with a baboon. Marlon won.

>the flight plan lists me, my men and doctor pavel here but only one of you

>mfw most of the stories in this thread are true

Marlon Brando was a living meme.

what are some essential /brandocore/

I've seen, Apocalypse Now, Superman, The Island of Dr. Moreau & Listen to me Marlon

On the Waterfront and Wild Ones

did you watch
pic related?

>Brando was paid $2 million to cameo as a priest in Scary Movie 2, but had to drop out when he was hospitalized with pneumonia. "He wanted to go for it," co-writer and star Shawn Wayans said. "He had an oxygen mask and we were like, 'Yo, we gotta let him go. This guy is not healthy." For that one day, Brando had an assistant in the next room read his lines into an ear piece.

yeah, after watching The Island of Dr. Moreau. Crazy shit.

cheers, downloading now

I'm currently reading his autobiography and he mentions this.

Also his mom was a raging alcoholic.

if you want to be violently attracted to him watch streetcar named desire
peak brando there

The one where he played a nazi officer was really good
It was a 50s movie, cant remember the name