/classical/

>General Folder #1. Renaissance up to 20th century/modern classical. Also contains a folder of live recordings/recitals by some outstanding performers.
mega.co.nz/#F!mMYGhBgY!Ee_a6DJvLJRGej-9GBqi0A
>General Folder #2. Mostly Romantic up to 20th century/modern, but also includes recordings of music by Bach, Mozart and others
mega.co.nz/#F!lIh3GRpY!piUs-QdhZACFt2hGtX39Rw
>General Folder #3. Mostly 20th century/modern with other assorted bits and pieces
mega.co.nz/#F!Y8pXlJ7L!RzSeyGemu6QdvYzlfKs67w
>General Folder #4. Renaissance up to early/mid-20th century. Also contains a folder of Scarlatti sonate and another live recording/recital folder.
mega.co.nz/#F!kMpkFSzL!diCUavpSn9B-pr-MfKnKdA
>General Folder #5. Renaissance up to late 19th century
mega.co.nz/#F!ekBFiCLD!spgz8Ij5G0SRH2JjXpnjLg
>General Folder #6. Very eclectic mix
mega.co.nz/#F!O8pj1ZiL!mAfQOneAAMlDlrgkqvzfEg
>Renaissance Folder #1. Mass settings
mega.co.nz/#F!ygImCRjS!1C9L77tCcZGQRF6UVXa-dA
>Renaissance Folder #2. Motets and madrigals (plus Leiden choirbooks)
mega.co.nz/#F!il5yBShJ!WPT0v8GwCAFdOaTYOLDA1g
>Debussy. There is an accompanying chart, available on request.
mega.co.nz/#F!DdJWUBBK!BeGdGaiAqdLy9SBZjCHjCw
>Opera Folder. Contains recorded video productions of about 10 well-known operas, with a bias towards late Romantic
mega.co.nz/#F!4EVlnJrB!PRjPFC0vB2UT1vrBHAlHlw

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hrtaKV_R03s
youtube.com/watch?v=vvr64PRMiW0
youtube.com/watch?v=mAYhmwU8WA0
youtube.com/watch?v=AkM9OCOzGIs
youtube.com/watch?v=o_dzivO5h5o
youtube.com/watch?v=7S1KoQRdxrI
youtube.com/watch?v=_OAUuYFsdNk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I was gonna make a Max Reger edition :(

I'm that guy from the last thread.

Why is 24 too late to become a piano virtuoso? I mean, I'm a NEET so I could possibly spend all my free time by practicing and building a repertoire.
How many young pianists have that opportunity? How many pianists can actually play 12 hours everyday without having to care about rent and food?

Is it really a lost cause?

good thing we avoided that

Because you're white

I'm not white, I'm pretty sure that I could become famous in my country cause of my mixed heritage.
Also I haven't really tested that but I'm pretty sure I'm extremely musical and I'm rythmically smart.

I'm not lying and this is not a bait.

MoFART is gay.

good post

>How many pianists can actually play 12 hours everyday without having to care about rent and food?
Uh, pretty much every pianist that's underage.

Reminder that Mozart > Bach

Genuinely asking, is there notable black or at least brown, yellow composers, performers or conductors? Not a race bait, I'm just curious. I'd like to hear it

What do you guys think of Russian romanticim?
I don't know much about classical music but to me it sounds better than anything else.

There are yellow performers but I don't like them.

>yellow
Suzuki and Xiao-Mei.
>black/brown
McGill comes to mind.

Best Composer, stop denying it.

Petzold > Bach > Mozart

Pretzel Cuckold

FURTHER PROOF

KILL YOU ARE SELVES YOU RETARDED LOW IQ PHILISTINES

There are some good black singers
There are a number of good yellow soloists (and increasingly singers too)
Maybe Dudamel for a conductor?

A few good yellow composers too

Classical music has started to grow on me recently, but it's a bit intimidating compared to other genres because you have this canon of composers and seemingly endless variations of the music they rote one hundred years ago in various notes and "movements" and all this other terminology I don't understand. Anyone got any good resources to read up on classical music, history and theorywise?

>There are a number of good yellow soloists
>Dudamel
End yourself, philistine.

The guy asked for notable, not good.

Can I get some recommendations for composers like pic related?

>There are a number of good yellow soloists
>good
>yellow
>soloists

Memehoven, a chorus of philistines will rise up against me, but it is the truth.

Berlioz is the ultimate firetruck composer

Just because the japs weren't exporting classical musicians during old recording meme periods doesn't mean that the ones we've got today are bad. Maybe not the GOATs but they're not all Lang Lang

Yellow people are only good for being human calculators and that same principle comes through in their performances.

What a retarded opinion.

There are a few notable Japs during the old meme period, actually. Konoye recorded the first recording of Mahler's 4th in 1931, for example. The interpretation is more interesting for its context than its quality, though.

Don't bully the Japanese. After all, their country is one of the few that still consistently has a demand for classical performances.

Not an argument.

youtube.com/watch?v=hrtaKV_R03s

youtube.com/watch?v=vvr64PRMiW0

youtube.com/watch?v=mAYhmwU8WA0

choose one

I'm tired of Bach, post something else.

That harpsichord sounds nicer than the ones I usually hear

>Beethoven
>bourgeoise

Justify your opinion.

Takemitsu, Hosokawa, Fairouz, Chin. Thats just composers. Plenty more I can't remember.

youtube.com/watch?v=AkM9OCOzGIs
say no more

>what died
God dammit. I had a bounty on a rare recording that was about to be filled. Fuck

Enjoy your Debussy

>wcd shut down before I was able to rebuild my library in FLAC

kapustin

youtube.com/watch?v=o_dzivO5h5o

>tfw never got around to downloading pic
I'm sure SDF or someone else has it though. Really if it was on What there's a good chance you can find it on a blog or something.

If I had known it was about to shut down I would've gone ham and started downloading everything en masse

Akutagawa, Yoshimatsu, Mayuzumi, Takemitsu

Can't think of any brown composers. I heard some black dudes Prelude live at the CSO but I forgot his name.

Borodin is a GOAT. Don't care for Tchaik and Mussorgsky much though

>dude jazz lmao
Petrov is god tier though.

What do you guys think about McCoy Tyner's solos in A Love Supreme?

To me they sound as original, insightful and deliberate as most Beethoven/Mozart sonatas

What's your favorite recording from CLT's list?

Bump
youtube.com/watch?v=7S1KoQRdxrI

if i see it, i'll upload it

why did twelve tone become a thing?

Jews. And a bit of autism.

But mostly jews.

*smiles jewishly*

lads, what's the best music to listen to while drunk? I.e. the most overly emotional/kitsch etc.. Wagner?

I just to feel like a tragic hero.

sorry, *want to feel.

Beethoven's piano sonatas (especially the meme ones) are great.
Listening to the Appassionata while shitfaced is just heartwrenching.

youtube.com/watch?v=_OAUuYFsdNk

>tfw listening to Mahler's 9th on LSD is what turned me into a 100% classical-head

It was a total gamechanger.

The most shamelessly emotional composer to me has always been Tchaikovsky.

thanks lads, much appreciated.

>The most shamelessly emotional composer to me has always been Tchaikovsky.

It's the Russian soul, you can see the same emotional hysteria in Dostoevsky's charaters. I know that connecting certain character traits with nations is often considered racist (and in a lot of cases rightfully so) but there are still distinct differences between the major European countries and their culture that have a considerable impact on the psyche of the individual; emotionality is certainly a typical Russian trait.

bump

don't let the thread die for fucks sake

Back the fuck off. Beethoven sonatas may be memes but they are also some of greatest and most important music of all time. No way are they overly emotional or kitsch.

Composers were bored of traditional harmony and melody.

>It's the Russian soul
It's the gay soul lmao