Who here has deleted their facebook account?

who here has deleted their facebook account?

I feel like it just makes me more depressed seeing everybody else so happy

just get back there and mess with them... in a nice way :D

8+ years ago, facebook is cancer

I cant do it. Ive decided that all the pro-user shit ive said and posted over the years will definitely get me red-listed when everyones put in camps.

You dont want to be red-listed.
Blue-list is your freedom. The'll let you live.

At least yours are happy. Mine are just 90% retards, 9% ok people and 1% people I actually talk too.

I deleted mine around six yrs ago better off without it

Lol I never made one.

I deleted mine 3 years ago, haven't looked back since

I was one of the first to get a facebook account.
All I did with it was change my profile photo to some random planet and change my birthdate to something random. Thats pretty much all I did on there.

I don't like attaching my name to posts, even fake ones. Hence Sup Forums.

Also I couldn't give 18 fucks how other people feel. They aren't me so why should I care.

I just keep my friends list limited with high privacy settings. It has its uses.

What? Why?

I have never even made a facebook account.Never had an interest in joining that cesspool

And thats why u guys are virgins.

>log on
>faggot fuck who does nothing but play vidya and works at a Pizza place is now in a relationship
>log on
>faggot fuck who does nothing but play vidya and guitar is now in yet another relationship
>faggot fucks likes faggot chode's status: Now in a relationship
>tard alcoholic is now in a relationship

i decided i don't want to know if anyone is in a relationship unless i ask. in fact, i decided i don't want to know a fucking thing about anyone unless i ask.
people who are like you still have it better somehow and that boggles my mind, it makes you constantly think, "why am i not good enough, what am i missing?" and i got tired of thinking that.

'ignorance is bliss' applied to people is perfect.

I only keep mine for apps and signing in faster pm websites

Whenever I go on it is mostly people sharing shit I've seen on here like 3 years ago and cooking/animal videos

that monkey is going to get a black eye

Go talk to your real friends, who gives a shit what the socialite facebook user is doing

they pretend

I find those whining and sharing personal failures much more annoying

I only keep my real name account in case of looking for new job, first thing fuckers do is to check if you are a normie

ppl only post crap on fb (what they eat , where they are atm so u can steall their stuff,and more bukakke)

I had like 300 friends before and just kept those that I knew personally or that were super chill, now I have 190 friends who are super chill and doing great things and i am jealous

>complains about facebook
>browses Sup Forums

You're schizophrenic.

I did about a year and a half ago. I found myself scrolling through it all the time thinking to myself
>No one cares
>No one cares
>No one cares
>No one cares
>No one cares
And then deleted it because I'm tired of people seeing people I grew up with spout the dumbest shit in relation to what goes on in the world. Without the Internet they would have no ego.

its all an illusion
in reality nobody is as happy as they seem on facebook

just a good way to keep up with people, be it for contacting classmates whom you barely know, or for keeping updated with university events and groups.

I havent posted anything in over 2-3 years. i just listen and message people if we end up working on group projects

above that its kinda just there. i dont update any of my personal information above my basic bio.

Faggot please. "first to get facebook", my angelfire page came be linked from my myspace account, just give it a while to load, just figured out that you can put a song as a background.

Implying you need fb to fuck
>virgin detected

Deleted mine back in early 2014. Don't miss it much. Aside from what OP mentioned about being just fucking depressed by all the shit everyone's shoving in your face, that website has too much personal information per person on it.

Had it since it came out till about 2009. Was very depressed and seeing everyone post "happy" pictures and people being so fake and opinionated wasn't helping. Never once looked back or ever cared. I thought it would but me but hearing my girlfriend blab about shit on facebook and watching her get pissed over it made me realize how much I don't need that garbage.
Gl user

This gif is cozy AF

I can guarantee I got a Facebook account b4 u m8

>Delete Facebook 2 years ago
>Nobody congratulates me on by BDay
>only my Family, 4 friends and 1 girl
I hate my life

Glorious text diarrhoea. Congratulations.

I have a fake I rarely use

Real one got deleted like six years ago. Facebook is a data mine, a stalker tool, and a law enforcement wet dream. Bad idea all around.

Daw, isn't that speciaw. Congratulations.

I see so many fucking posts of people I do not know at all who aren't on my friends list because someone on my friends list liked their post. My timeline is filled with these fuckers that I don't even know. Is there any way to turn that shit off?

why do you feel a need to be acknowledged and liked by others?

fuck em.

the only person you need and can trust in the world is yourself. learn to do everything by your self, then you wont need others.

>tfw been depressed for years
>tfw facebook shows me a 6 year old memory of me with my ex who I loved alot
>tfw remember what it feels like to be happy

why does facebook do this

Never created one. Ever. Had a myspace and that shit was gay fish. Faggot social media queers.

I am five days Facebook sober. It is a great feeling. When you start fighting with your old teachers on FB it is time to delete that shit because you have fallen for the trap of FB.

just delete the whole thing.
you'll come to find that you're unfollowing people, because that's the solution to your problem, then you realize you've unfollowed 80% of your friends list, so you have to visit people's page to see any of their posts.
then you realize Facebook is designed to be time consuming.
you can't separate page posts from people posts, so everything either gets jumbled together or you only see page posts.

i never had one

Fun fact. They arent happy.
People put their best foot forward on there.

Learn some neurology. There is no happiness as the american dream puts it. It is always a mix of victories losses frustrations joys hate and love. If you are always happy, thats called mania. Its also a mental illness and telling of something very wrong in the system.

Never stops. Its a mess for everyone.

bunch of fake, incompetent apes that all share nigger jokes and 'inspirational' pictures with a made up caption that doesnt makes sense

I haven't deleted mine. I even use my account to post shit i do everyday.

> inb4 normie

>Thinks people with Facebook are happy
They're all just as miserable as you, you dumb fuck. They just put up a good facade.

I bet you even say "> inb4" in facebook

totally agree, deleted my account 3 months ago

>16 years old
>One of the first to get facebook
Nigger you were 4 years old when that shit was founded. And I'm positive you weren't at Harvard.

I've had mine deleted for about two years now. It was a good decision for me.

You need to be congratulated on having a birthday? Way to set the bar high, user.

imagine you took a bunch of pictures that made it seem like you have an awesome life, then uploaded it on fb. that's literally what everyone does. there's even been scientific research on the fb effect.

never had one to begin with

Yep, deactivated mine after a random commented on my old high schools' page saying something threatening and I was questioned by police because I was the only tie to him

They said "Mate, at this point it looks like I'll be taking your phone to go through it for evidence"
I was like what the fuck? No. I have no ties to this person other than a Facebook friendship.

Idk, they actually listened to me and gave it back. Didnt plug it into a PC or anything so there was no way they got a back up

Fucking weird but w/e.
Police have autism.

True and it did not used to be like this. What a shitty idea to show posts your friends liked and not have a way to turn it off. I can't wait for the next facebook site honestly this shit feels dated.

Deleted mine almost an year ago.

Girl I like for the past 2 years or so, posts pics with this guy, keeps posting pics saying how happy she is. Bla bla. I'm depressed as fuck watching this. Couldn't bare it anymore had to delete the facebook.

But yeah. Everyone would be happy on my facebook and I just couldn't fit in.

Was one of the best decision I did leaving Facebook.

Still think about her everyday though...

Facebook is pure garbage. You're life will be better without it.

basically the position I'm in. I'm gonna delete it from my phone since I only use it on my phone. Maybe it'll help me keep my mind off it

I'm 35 and got an account against my will by a pestering friend from Silicon Valley who "needed" me to have this and made a big fucking deal about it. Probably woulda been rich if I had listened to him but I have no regrets. I'm just not into social media shit.

>you're

>Thinks taking an interest in facebook equals earning money
This lie gets even more pathetic.

I keep it in case I ever need to get ahold of someone but I don't have their number. But I've deleted and disabled the app purely because it's force loaded on my phone and I can't stand that shit. If I ever need it I just use the website

never had one

you can delete facebook but keep messenger

facebook just takes too much information now. They have access to your entire phone. Every photo, every contact. My messenger tried putting all my texts in the app too. Imagine how much information facebook has on everybody

Let's see how do I convince them that I'm not a 16 year old kid? I know I'll tell them that I have a friend who works in Silicon Valley.

No. His insistence was in getting involved at Facebook and helping develop the platform. I wasn't interested in leaving my job in Florida and travel all the way to California to develop a platform I could care less about.

I wish it were a lie actually. Even though I had no regrets its difficult to look back and not wonder what life would have been like if I did quit my job and travel to California. Eh.. whatever

I haven't had a Facefuck for like... 9 years now.

I'm a teacher so it's not a good idea to have one.

I keep Messenger in case anyone needs to get ahold of me but the permissions it has are overkill.

There is research on this issue. Just Google Facebook Depression study

Deleted mine back in 2010 I think. Whenever they were making a Muslim 9/11 museum in NYC. I said I hoped someone would fly a plane full of Muslim women and children into the building while they were doing the opening ceremony. It started such a shit storm with a cousin especially. I told off his cunt wife. Now me and him are waiting for a funeral or something to bring us back home to finish the fight.

Yeah, what are the chances that someone who lives in northern California could be friends with someone else not living there! Its like one in a gazillion, amiright!

>to finish the fight

Facebook today is turning into a way of researching people, they want to get as much personal information as possible. It's pretty pathetic that you can't discuss certain topics on FB because if you do so you will most likely be banned from it. You don't really need it in this day and age, there is literally thousands of apps for everything you might want. Dating, Fucking, Socializing, keeping contact with the family, reminding yourself of something and et cetera, plus, these apps normally don't have the cancer that facebook has right now.

>never had one

>banned from facebook

wat

I did it 3 years ago. At first it was fighting cucks about how I'm not fishing for any attention. Soon as I deleted the Facebook app I neve looked back.
Also never had the need of fb to get laid or hooked up .. The only "real" thing I lose is information about events

>delete facebook
>only 3 friends wish me happy birthday
>haha

I deleted mine a long time ago, best decision I made in some time. All it is (like any social media site) is just a popularity contest where people add hundreds of strangers they'll never meet because evidently the larger the number, the more important you are.

That and fucking sick and tired of seeing the people I do know as friends liking every "Boohoo, this poor kid has cancer can he get 1k likes?" post, and there are literally thousands of people on facebook with cancer e-begging. Apparently you'll be cured of cancer if you bet a precise number of likes....

I meant not permanently banned.

I did it guys. I just deleted my Facebook

checked, and congrats

I made one acc years ago, it deleted itself..

trips for great life improvement

I had a facebook get banned because I kept putting nude pics of myself on it set to friends and public (and family).

And yes, I KEPT. I got like 4 warnings before they finally did it. And I'm not talking about nature walks or nude gardening or any of that hippie shit either, it was overtly sexual, I was even on my hands and knees showing my asshole in one of them.

I deleted mine 7+ years ago, I guess. It was before FB created some privacy settings that might have kept the association sane. Still, I never wanted to go back. The one disadvantage is the great number of sites that have the comment feature tied into FB. I never so driven to respond that I reconsider.

I had for about three months but frankly found the whole thing alarming - there's no other word. This was way back in like 2006/07, and I was amazed at how much stuff people were putting out there, without a thought. I took down my page and never looked back. My wife has strict instructions not to post photos of me. I have no skeletons and nothing sinister in my past, but there you go - that's my position on the whole thing. You want to get to know me, give me a call.

Happens all the time,stupid

One time I told some leftist bitch to hang herself. Banned.

Not yet, ive thought about it though.
Im doing alright in life so it doesnt depress me at all.
Facebook actually makes me feel alot better about myself because alot of people i know are having kids (i know some regret it) and it serves as a reminder that life could be worse (wooo no kids).
Its the one Social Media platform i have that allows me to communicate with people i know who dont have a cell phone (robot friends).

Also did i mention not having kids and being able to do what i want and spend my money how i want is amazing?
Godamn im so happy i dont have kids.

>mfw seeing people i know having kids and seeing the regret in their eyes

You did the right thing

Oh, I deleted it because I never went on there and it's a lot harder to cheat.

show pics. Also, why?

it's a dude.

Because I'm a sick degenerate faggot, that's why. It was either family or public that kept flagging them, because my FB friends were all sick degenerate faggots too.

But then why the fuck did you set them to family and public?!?!

I did, but it was because I got tired of FBs liberal bias bullshit.
Don't use google for that same reason too.

I did, but more so because I find everyone else to like and share the most retarded shit and just can't understand the kinds of moronic shit they all think or find interesting

this cannot be true

I already told you, because I'm a sick degenerate faggot!!! I'm the sort of sick faggot that just walks up to people and starts twerking!

Same. I'm only on there to post politically incorrect memes. I'm probably just gonna use it to fuck with people from now on. It's so boring

same. get told by people that i'm "hiding something", i just say i'm not a narcissistic shitstain

I also walk around my front yard a lot in my underwear and a tail!

Even in the god damn winter!!!

i deleted everything facebook related, life is better than ever, delete it user