Star Wars Episode VIII

The major plot devices:

SPOILERS.

>Luke Skywalker is not the Jedi he once was. Aging has resulted in diminished power, but what he lacks as a warrior, he makes up for with wisdom.

>Rey suffers from nightmares similar in nature to her flashback from touching the lightsaber that end with her intense hatred and anger and hurt. It is later revealed this is because she and Kylo Ren share a bond in the force that was created when she resisted his mind probe and fought back in The Force Awakens.

>Kylo Ren is absent for much of the film, and in the story the Resistance takes note of his mysterious absence to attack First Order holding cells across the Galaxy. Finn and Poe lead these missions. On one of the missions, Finn rescues another Stormtrooper, a girl, who wants to defect like he did (Tran)

>Luke tells Rey the tale of Kylo Ren's fall*

>Finn and Poe succeed in their missions and they convince Maz and Leia to support them in an assault on a First Order Stormtrooper conditioning facility.

>Luke begins teaching Rey the Ways of the Force. Rey has a vision and decides to leave to help Finn.

>Finn and Poe lead the assault against a First Order commander (Del Toro) fighting breaks out with some of the new Stormtroopers remaining loyal to First order while others turn on their captors.

>Amidst the chaos, Finn's new female companion turns on him.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HMUKGTkiWik
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Tran

>Rey and Luke arrive and aide in the fight.

>Many Resistance and liberated Stormtroopers alike stand in awe of Luke.

>The battle turns in the Resistance favor. Rey hunts for Finn.

>She finds him and gets him out. They are stopped by Kylo Ren.

>Finn gets away and Rey fights Kylo Ren again. Luke arrives but is separated by a large chasm, forced to watch the fight from afar.

>Kylo Ren beats Rey. He tells her he beat her because his training is complete. He tells her he studied the Darkside and all its most famous users. He tells her The former Emperor had a daughter, who herself had a daughter, and that they both vanished 20 years ago. He tells her he believes she is of "royal blood" and beckons she join him.

>Luke arrives and trades himself for Rey. Kylo agrees, but promises he and Rey will meet again soon. Kylo takes Luke into captivity and Rey makes it out of the base to be rescued by Poe and Chewie in the Falcon.

>They tend to her injuries and Rey and Finn are finally reunited at the Resistance Base. Poe immediately begins plotting the rescue of Luke Skywalker.

>Rey seeks a private meeting with Maz Kanata. Rey asks her about the things Kylo Ren told her, and Maz confirms the legitimacy of his claims. They have a talk about what's in a name and the predisposition of good and evil in a person. Maz explains Ren was a Skywalker and he chose the dark side. She reassures Rey everyone, no matter their heritage, can create their own destiny.

>End Star Wars VIII

>more chasms
This sounds really gay

I don't think they can get away with what you are implying the second time, fampai.

I want to say fake and gay, but I said the same of the spoilers for episode 7 and got summarily BTFO six months later.

>She reassures Rey everyone, no matter their heritage, can create their own destiny.

This is fucking Disney I want to vomit fairy dust...

>aging has resulted in diminished power

Fake and gay

Star after the "Fall of Kylo Ren" because it's the entire second Act.

There's no way that Rian Johnson could fuck up the pacing this bad.

It is my favorite sequence of events in the entire Star Wars saga and that is why I've decided not to spoil it, but I assure you, it's not short on action.

>He tells her
>He tells her
>He tells her
>He tells her

#GroanZone, indeed

Meh, could be good.

>>Luke Skywalker is not the Jedi he once was. Aging has resulted in diminished power.

REEEEEEEE!!!!!! DID THEY EVEN WATCH EMPIRE!!!

youtube.com/watch?v=HMUKGTkiWik

when 900 years old you reach use the force as good you will not hmm?

what a load of shit

>Stormtrooper, a girl, who wants to defect like he did (Tran)
fat asian girl as a stormtooper

>a ripoff of Episode V
Jesus.

I prefer the avatar chosen one plot leak over this one

glad I don't pay money to see these anymore.

too bad it will still make bank.

how do you know this famigula? I'm still screencaping it but where did you find this info

Dude, he's bullshitting. Are you 13?

you know posters like him also confirmed other things right? is this your first rodeo

>We will never see powerful Luke

fuck u kathleen kennedy you vicious cunt

>Luke is weak now lol despite having time alone to hone force powers for X years.
>muh strongk stormtroopette
>rey is a tacticool genius now
>more chasms
>we wuz skywalkers n sheit
>disney forge your own destiny cancer

Lucky I won't be watching this in theatres.

It's all about forcing SJW propaganda now.

As Kasdan said in an interview, he and JJ asked themselves what it would be like if the Nazis had gone to Argentina and regrouped after WWII.

From birth, Jews are raised with this idea that homogeneous white societies will inevitably result in goose-stepping, ethnic cleansing, and warmongering. And I could understand that outlook if history had begun in 1930. But the truth is, whites are the most egalitarian and least barbaric group in human history.

That's what frustrates many of us when jewish SJW Hollywood sensibilities become accepted norms. They're slanted, prejudiced and their bias goes unchallenged by everyone.

The First Order was a Jewish take on ultimate evil. And because modern Jews are obsessed with The Shoah and WWII everything magically relates to MUH SIX MILLION.

It has gotten boring. It's stale. I wish we could get a more nuanced view of evil, but that won't happen because show-biz Jews always find a way of politicizing everything.

Like, recently I saw a movie set in 1920s London. There were several shots of a black man and a white woman holding hands in the street. It was there to sell us something. It was out of place and revisionist. It's tacky and it's condescending.

The objective is to shape public opinion with the assumption that everyone needs "educating" and are too dumb to pick up on the flagrant advertising of their agenda. In this case, it was a short throwaway scene and it still took me out of the movie. The message is basically, "You're too dumb to find the right opinions by yourself, so we're going to give you direction by placing propaganda in the media you consume."

SJW placement just seems dishonest and manipulative. Flagrant product placement annoys me whether it's a product I like or not. It takes me out of the ride that it should be, pauses everything to remind me what I'm supposed to think, and then expects me to jump back in with full enthusiasm.

>age makes a Jedi worse

This is bullshit. In every form of Star Wars, new and old, it's shown that force users shit on old age.
>Yoda
>Sheev
>Qui-Gon
>Vader
>Obi-Wan

Hell, they only seem to get better at old age

Although this is pasta, it is the truth

fake and gay

>Luke Skywalker is not the Jedi he once was. Aging has resulted in diminished power
D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

Sounds like a TV show.

>Luke is Professor X and Rey is Rogue
Okay...that part sounds workable.

>Luke arrives and trades himself for Rey
>literal GOAT Jedi doesn't just merk Kylo

also Yaddle

>>Kylo Ren is absent for much of the film, and in the story the Resistance takes note of his mysterious absence to attack First Order holding cells across the Galaxy. Finn and Poe lead these missions. On one of the missions, Finn rescues another Stormtrooper, a girl, who wants to defect like he did (Tran)

>fat asian woman stormtrooper

this sounds legitimately stupidly pc enough to be real

>Tran turns on Finn
Hopefully she dies, fat PC that brings nothing to the plot.

>Amidst the chaos, Finn's new female companion turns on him.
The small fat asian is a spy!

Isn't she too short for a stormtrooper?

>Luke Skywalker is not the Jedi he once was. Aging has resulted in diminished power

just like Yoda, right?

>A couple weeks ago I posted a little bit of info about Ach-To being confirmed as the location of the first Jedi Temple (specifically, the large hut they built at Kerry is "where the Jedi began"). I also mentioned a certain member of the First Order winds up at this location in EpVIII as well. That individual is Kylo Ren.

>Here's the saucy bit: A few weeks ago they blew up-- specifically, blew apart-- an Ahch-To hut. According to my source, Kylo and Rey have a conversation that Luke does not like. Luke tries to stop them. Luke gets angry... and the whole hut they are in disintegrates (re: 'blows up'). My source did not specify as to the exact cause of the disintegration, but based on the info I believe Luke accidentally (or perhaps even purposely) does so using the Force.

>A returning character from Ep7 will be receiving the "Skywalker Special"...

>A returning character from Ep7 will be receiving the "Skywalker Special"
So Luke's dick?

I'm betting either Poe or Finn.

The part about the force bond between Kylo and Rey makes me believe it a tiny bit just because of how much they've already stolen from KotOR.

Repeating the Stormtrooper convert and chasm thing makes me less convinced. Also,
>age diminishes force power
That would be complete bullshit and spit in the face of the OT.

>You're no threat Uncle. You're old, an ancient relic of a lost religion.
>Old, am I? And makes me weak, this does?
Delivered in joker voice

They've stolen a lot of shit from the EU in general.

Resisting Ren's mind probe was a thing that Luke discovered to test whether or not someone had potential to use the Force.