Alright Sup Forums I had a shitty day, let's get a YLYL greentext edition going

Alright Sup Forums I had a shitty day, let's get a YLYL greentext edition going

Putting this here just to avoid tons of newfags saying "Nigger xD" to one of those.

more cringe than ylyl but who gives a fuck you autistic niggers

confirmed

>inb4 it'd be different if they where reversed

That's it. I'm sick of all this "Masterwork Bastard Sword" bullshit that's going on in the d20 system right now. Katanas deserve much better than that. Much, much better than that.

I should know what I'm talking about. I myself commissioned a genuine katana in Japan for 2,400,000 Yen (that's about $20,000) and have been practicing with it for almost 2 years now. I can even cut slabs of solid steel with my katana.

Japanese smiths spend years working on a single katana and fold it up to a million times to produce the finest blades known to mankind.

Katanas are thrice as sharp as European swords and thrice as hard for that matter too. Anything a longsword can cut through, a katana can cut through better. I'm pretty sure a katana could easily bisect a knight wearing full plate with a simple vertical slash.

Ever wonder why medieval Europe never bothered conquering Japan? That's right, they were too scared to fight the disciplined Samurai and their katanas of destruction. Even in World War II, American soldiers targeted the men with the katanas first because their killing power was feared and respected.

weeb jap

>thinking anyone cares
faggot

İ don't know if ur a jap or a weeb put bombs are much better

I am a huge weeb, but this, this is beyond comprehension

Do people like you not realize how fucking cringey they are? How can someone be so lacking in self awareness?

lost

The only reason the katanas were folded so many times is because they were made of pig iron. If you had good materials you wouldn't need to fold it that many times so that folding argument isn't doing you any favors.

how the fuck do you know about desu but can't identify pasta?

Samefag

Honestly yeah, the katana is a shit weapon.

But you're also never supposed to ever fight with the edge of the blade, especially not by trying to parry with it or just plain slashing at the other sword's edge. You'll just destroy both weapons. these weapons were made to cut flesh, not steel. Doesn't matter what kind of weapon it is, be it Bastard, katana or a Zweihander.

If you fight with a sword like you see in the movies you're gonna have a bad time.

Both Bastard and Zweihanders have a harder temper because steel armour was common at the time, so often if you missed your stab or slash, you would hit rounded steel.

However, steel Armour was not common at all in feudal japan, it was mostly, bamboo wrap and leather. So the way katana's were made was suited to that style or armour, meaning the temper could be weaker allowing for the edge to be more easily grinded and made sharper than a western blade. Since they needed the sharpness to get through the armour instead of relying on a pointed edge to find gaps and weakness they instead cut through it and avoiding the blade was the prominent style instead of fighting instead of defending yourself.

But since both needed to cut Flesh, Western blades could do the same thing as a Katana while still being stronger than them.

easy,ive never seen it before, and some people are autistic enough to actually argue about this rubbish

Whatever floats your boat, friendo.