Why did they have to ruin this with the alien shit at the end?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/siSQ4SvAZSY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The aliens arent want ruined it.

The mary sue taking on a ship by herself, having zero zombat knowledge, and not knowing what the fuck they were is what ruined it.

>have two matches
>and a half empty bottle of wine
>????
>SPACESHIP DESTROYING NAPALM

Terrible movie. It's not even related to Cloverfield at all.

To be fair, it was shown literally seconds earlier how insanely flammable the gas that spewed out of that very same ship was.

Also it was a lighter and it was whiskey.

It's called delivery.

As much I like Goodman and MEW I want to see some explosion and aliens in my movie

I'm pretty sure it was some dumb studio shit, where they threw a lot of shit at an alomst finished movie. Even the Cloverfield link was slapped on this movie pretty much for marketing reasons

Jew Jew Abrams

>exclusively for marketing reasons

ftfy. they even said as much

>spot the plebshit

Ending was the best part. It pulled the rug on people who thought Goodman's character was just insane.

>"b-but I wanted it to be just another thriller"

It's adorable when underage reddit kiddies try so hard to fit in.

I really don't know why ANYONE was surprised that there was something waiting for her up there.

They literally set up that there's SOMETHING killing people up on the surface when MEW almost escapes but stops when she sees the dying woman infected with something BEGGING to get in., it's a major plot point.

Only retards thought that it came out of nowhere, as they blatantly set it up and foreshadowed it heavily several times throughout the film.

It was a better ending than War or the Worlds. FIGHT ME

I bet you're one of those dipshits who said there shouldn't have been anything there and the dying lady was just an escaped mental patient.

Because that's never been done.

Because J.J. Abrams is a giant faggot

Did you not ready my post faggo?

I'm arguing for the alien ending, not against. There being nothing up there would have been retarded because of both the infected woman AND the dead pigs that were clearly killed by something supernatural.

>sequel to Cloverfield

what a load of shit, this had nothing to do with Cloverfield except the fucking name

And similar tone, themes, and ARG.

It's the same universe.
It was aliens all along.

>come to planet
>release poison gas
>not really that effective
>many people survive
>injured woman been running around outside for days, making noise
>they never caught her, she hid in a shed
>random girl who's been imprisoned for days/weeks sees alien scout ship
>alien chases her
>it gets killed by a bottle of wine

It's not so much the inclusion of the aliens.
It's the execution.
Worst aliens since the aliens from Signs

>clearly killed by something supernatural

What? How were they CLEARLY killed by something supernatural?

toss around some more meaningless buzzwords, would you?

I fucking hate when they have number in the title that doesn't have anything to do with order of release like Big Hero 6 or Cloverfield 10, that should be forbidden, also in my country two Cloverfield movies have completely different names

why the fuck was there blood on his truck? he only rammed her car and not herself

They were so blantant on showing that something spooky is going on outside that until the very end I've expected it all to be a clever ruse by Goodman and the world being completly fine

I thought it was great.

Some questions...

In the photo of Howard and the kidnapped girl, who took the photo? Its a polaroid and they are both on the couch. Howard looking happy and the girl looking miserable. Some 3rd party had to take the shot, so who?

Also, could it have been Emmett? We know he worked on the bunker around the time the girl went missing, and the scene were he is introduced (the banging noise that howard investigates) claims he got hurt getting in and some shit fell on him, but is it possible he was already inside and Howard beat his cuck ass for disobeying orders, or for dropping food? We know Howard is violent and a control freak. And the scene where we are introduced to Emmett didnt seem like he just got there considering how paranoid Howard is about letting people in and opening the door seal.

So, who is the picture taker, and whats the deal with Emmett?

I've watched it half-sleepy, but was Howard's motivation for killing girls ever explained? I also expected for him to have a more personal death and not be blown up offscreen

it was paint transfer from the car crash dumbo

They look like that fucking melted in their enclosure, much like the woman when MEW finds her body in the shed towards the end of the film.

It's 100% true though. They're both large scale science fiction stories told from a very small, personal, limited perspective. Both films are about characters struggling to survive an apocalyptic event while they sort out there own inner conflicts (both main characters have regret and relationship issues) and deal with the paranoia that comes along with having no idea what's actually going on.

They are also both pretty dark films, but with sharp witt and humor that helps keep them fun despite all of the tension.

And then there's the whole "Mystery Box" element, where both films were like a puzzle that they wanted fans to solve prerelease with the ARG that helped embellish and add context to certain details of the film for those that put in the effort to keep up with it.

Cloverfield and 10CL are more similar than people give them credit for despite that fact that they have no literal connection outside of some lore stuff.

>he really thinks those things in Signs were ayy lmaos from space

>They look like that fucking melted in their enclosure, much like the woman when MEW finds her body in the shed towards the end of the film.

How does that mean they were CLEARLY killed by something SUPERNATURAL? Did you go to the bathroom during both of the acid scenes?

QUESTION:

The Cloverfield monster, was that thing part of the alien attack, or an unrelated incident?

That lighting is terrible. It makes it blatantly obvious that was shot on a set in front of a green screen.

They didn't, the whole point was that there were aliens outside and that Goodman wasn't crazy.

I guess it is heavily implied. The aliens looked kind of similar and came in different forms and sizes

John Goodman carried this film, he could break down my door pee in my fishtank and slash my tires and I'd probably still like him

I guess it's technically possible that Howard could have poured acid on them. I just found it to be unlikely, as Emmett probably would have noticed when he entered the bunker. However, to be fair, I don't think MEW's character ever mentioned the pigs to him so whatever.

Regardless, the woman is more than enough to indicate that there's something weird going down outside.

Completely 100% unrelated. The films don't take place in the same universe.

He still was kind of crazy

Whiskey isn't flammable either

the alien stuff was great, you plebfag. him being a murderer was the shit part that ruined the movie and made it drop from 9/10 to 4/10.

Same universe, same attack.
Don't belive

>shown literally seconds earlier how insanely flammable the gas that spewed out of that very same ship was.

When was this shown?

The film objectively takes place years after Cloverfield does, even if you DO think they take place in the same universe for some retarded reason.

MEW's character has an iPhone 6 for fucks sake.

This family senpaichichi!

So many normie Tumbrdors and Redditors on Sup Forums lately, it's disgusting.

>The films don't take place in the same universe

Son, two different universes that happen to share a Tagruato company that sells a Slusho beverage?

Yeah, those companies also exist in Jew Jew's Star Trek and Lost you fucking newfag.

>MEW's character has an iPhone 6 for fucks sake.
Minor differences brought on by the amount if time between each movies filming. Same with actors in trilogies that take place in the same month or set of time but look years older. One tree hill, harry potter, etc

>what is product placement
>using product placement to form a canon chronology
Not even once.

Now you're just shitposting.

SHUT THE FUCK UP you inbred Ahmet!
Cloverfield 10 was the adress of the property where the bunker was, you goat fucking shitstain. Did you even watch the movie, you son of an eternal whore.

I much rather have watched the movie of the americans taking the south back instead of this pile of garbage.

As someone who's both thrown molotov cocktails made with whiskey and flambéed stuff with whiskey I can with 100% certainty tell you that this is bullshit.

Sure, if you drop a match into a bottle nothing's gonna happen, but in my experience any kind of alcohol above, say 30% gets really fucking flammable when you heat it to near its boiling point. About molotov's, it only works if the bottle breaks, otherwise there's just too much of it for a small flame to ignite. The "scatter" is essential for it to go off.

Yeah, no. The director openly stated the films take place in different timelines.

Right when the ship had passed her the first time, when it spewed gas

>but in my experience any kind of alcohol above, say 30% gets really fucking flammable when you heat it to near its boiling point.

She had time to find out whether or not the wine was 30% and she heated it up to boiling point in those 5 seconds?

[citation needed]

>poured acid on them

I was thinking more of a sprinkler system or something.

youtu.be/siSQ4SvAZSY

Right at the beginning

Why does everyone seem to think that it's wine? It's clearly whiskey. The bottle is even shown in closeup at the beginning of the film.

>she heated it up to boiling point in those 5 seconds?

Assuming the bottle smashed into the inside of the monster's mouth or the monster bit it or something, she wouldn't have to.

it's shit, has fuck all to do with the original film, and this thread is full of shills.

putting cloverfield on the name was just a cash grab

BTFO

There was nothing to ruin because it was already bad before the ending. Am I the only one who thought this movie was shit?

Blatant shilling here, folks.

Shit, it really is a twilight zone - feature film series.
Fucking disappointing.

can we talk about how the movie should have been 2 hours of mew feet?

How? It's a great idea and refreshing in an era where everyone else is focused on making EPIC CINEMATIC UNIVERSES with their genre properties instead of telling good standalone stories.

Plus it gives a platform for new directors and writers like Trachtenberg get a chance to do something new and creative with less financial risk for the studio backing it because they're doing it under an established franchise. It's a good idea, and if the upcoming films are at least on par with the last two then I'm totally all in.

Literally black mirror, only constrained by a "monster movie - thriller" brand name that has nothing to do with the director intentions.
You can tell this one didn't want to put aliens in it but had to, else the brand would be ruined.

And making "episodes" longer doesn't make them better.

Her feet are ugly.

Her thighs and butt on the other hand...

Goodman was amazing, but nothing else in the movie was really that special. Didn't care for it and don't understand why it gets so much praise.

According to an interview with the director that I'm too lazy to google, Jew Jew had already rewritten the film and added a shit ton of stuff including the character of Emmett and the alien element was already added to the original spec script they purchased before the he signed on to make it.

It was always intended to be a science fiction film.

>And making "episodes" longer doesn't make them better.

But having the budget of a feature film instead of a television show does.

whiskey works perfectly fine for a molotov. the mongoloid shitnut who claims otherwise is invited to make one himself and smash it to the ground between his feet. don't forget to livesetream it for us all, you dick sucking clown.
the magic ingredient that makes it all possible is the sudden influx of oxygen that triggers a combustive reaction the moment the bottle breaks.

anons, if you were locked inside with a female that looked like that for years ... would you eventually just rape her? (for arguement sake let's say she doesn't want to have sex with you). and I don't mean like a "punch her in the face and abuse her" rape, just hold her down and penetrate and fuck until you cum. like once a month maybe.

There was always going to be a scifi element in the film. This is the original ending before Bad Robot bought/repurposed the script:

>Michelle escapes the shelter and is chased through the farmhouse by Howard, who still wants to “protect” her. She blinds him with bathroom cleaner, he tells her about his tragic life (dead wife, missing daughter, treacherous Nate, etc.), and then she shoots him in the kneecap and runs away. He ends the movie alive, entreating Michelle to “be careful.” Later, after traveling down empty roads and finding no one around to help her, she crests a hill and sees the Chicago skyline, smoldering and destroyed. No explanation is given. We don’t even know what she will do next, only that she now knows that Howard, for all his oddity, was correct.

They just changed "Ambiguous Disaster" to Aliens because that's the kind of movie that the writers/director/producers wanted to make.

>triggers a combustive reaction the moment the bottle breaks
this
technically you could build one with fucking flour

If you don't like the ayliems just stop the movie when she gets out.

No. I'm not a fucking animal or nigger. The moment such thoughts cross my mind I might as well open the bunker and go outside as I would have lost my humanity.

Stop it right as she sees the geese fly overhead and she takes the mask off.

>"So what the fuck was up with the woman who wanted to get inside? I mean he could've just butchered the pigs himself but...ah nevermind. My dad works at Bad Robot and said there's a MEW under the truck"

hes triggered

calm you degenerate filth

Why does everything need to be explained? Coincidences happen.

She said "it barely touched me". I assume "it" was the green gas.

Initially, I was shocked at how dumb the ending was when I saw it, but thinking back on it, I can kind of see why they did it beyond just pandering to pleb audiences. First they needed to show the aliens, that element added to the movie, making the Goodman character even more of an ambiguous villain, and I thought visually it was a good way to end it. When they show the alien floating with the tentacles and MEW goes "Oh, come on" I thought would've been a good place to end the movie. But when she decides to go to Houston is also important to MEW's character arc. The problem was how to bridge these two important plot points. There were several elements that needed to be established(she has to get the key to the car, she has to get rid of the alien so it doesn't follow her, etc.). It's just unfortunate that it had to be done through a mindless action scene, I wish there would've been a way to do it differently.

I think the film should've ended with her seeing the fires in the distance and the ship (at a distance). If they wanted to toss all ambiguity out the window I guess it could end with the ship flying close overhead...the entire sequence with the alien dog and molotov cocktail doesn't fit the movie at all and feels like a cop-out so fags didn't leave the movie whining about it like it was The Blair Witch Project.

lmao at people who think the movie should've ended just after she left the bunker

first of all the movie makes it pretty obvious there really are things going on up there.
second of all it's got fucking "cloverfield" in its name, obviously there was gonna be some kind of giant alien or godzilla-tier threat.
third of all, IT WOULD BE NEGATING THE WHOLE FUCKING POINT OF THE MOVIE, which is the development that megan goes through. ending before that would have made no sense. we needed to see megan fight her way out of this shit and then make the conscious decision to drive to a helping center.

So it's one of those aliens who can travel through space, but can't check for humans in a very obvious bunker? What is it with aliens and doors which easily stop them?

Her name was Michelle. I know because I looked through her wallet, but seeing as how I watched her movie I think I was owed that much.

yeah, there were too many girls names to remember in that movie

Because the movie needed to happen you retarded autist.

like that's an excuse..

"DUDE this literally fucking retarded thing needed to happen because otherwise THERE WOULD BE NO MOVIE, GOOOOD"

found the virgin

would have been a much better ending if the aliens straight up killed her at the end. That never happens.

>WHOA WHOA IT'S JUST A PRANK MEW!

why the fuck did they not kill (or at least try to kill) goodman as soon as they found out he kidnapped and killed that little girl?

they had several days, i'm sure he would let his guard down at some point and they could kill him

had they done that, they would have a shitton of food and could live in peace as a couple for as much as they wanted, and then when they decided to leave they could just do that in peace

seriously, how the fuck is
>making a suit
>making a mask
>stealing goodman's keys
>looking for help while the others stays with a pissed off goodman

better than just killing him?

R-really? Iv made sawdust cannoys before that make awsome flames but I didn't know flour would burn?

Anyone have the screenshot of Emmet's remains in the acid?

Movie was so unpredictable it became predictable. ooh shes a poor girl and hes a man = HES A RAPIST WHO CAPTURED HER. He saved her life and has her in the bunker OOH NO HES A MAN, HE IS GONNA RAPE HER. Why is she the centre of attention? me me me, hes gonna rape me, tis all about me. Shut up, bitch. There are 2 other people in the Bunker and not 1 of them wants to rape your ugly ass, stop projecting.

This, wtf was the point of making Howard a girl murderer? Why the fuck would they write that bullshit about him having another secret girl down there. Why the fuck did Howard show them the pic of the girl he murdered?? WTF, so you murder a girl, you then show her photo to people and wait for one of them to recognize her as a missing person. So retarded.

Howard's death should have occured when the Alien Ship was about to kill Michelle and the camera zoomed out, we should have seen an enraged Howard with all his army equipment and he could destroy the ship from the bunker, earning his redemption.

this movie was garbage

>megan
>megan
>megan
It's alright that you were fapping to Megan is Missing, user. Just stop confusing the 2 movies.

There was nothing wrong with the aliens. It's how Michelle turned into MacGyver and just the whole execution of everything after the bunker.