/foundfootage/ general

>2016
>not enjoying found footage films and waiting for the next good one to come out.

This is for all my found footage bros out there. We discuss nothing but found footage here.

Relevant information:
Found footage trailer collection: youtube.com/user/FoundFootageFreak
Found footage database: foundfootagecritic.com/found-footage-films-database/
Found footage podcast: foundfootagefiles.org/
A podcast in "found" audio format: archive81.com/
Found footage letterboxd list: letterboxd.com/jewbo23/list/found-footage/

What is your favorite found footage film of all time, Sup Forums?

What found footage films are you looking forward to?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HoyBZ87F94U
youtube.com/watch?v=njiBhlMwjJo
youtube.com/watch?v=9WWROHqEd-8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>favorite found footage film of all time

Your pic OP.

A lot of people don't like it and prefer The Last Broadcast which had a weird ending.

>The last broadcast
Never seen it, do you advise it to me senpai?

I actually really enjoy found footage movies most of the time, despite the many flaws they have.

Willow Creek was surprisingly good

It's good but you will either love or hate the ending.

youtube.com/watch?v=HoyBZ87F94U

You should also watch [Rec] and the Borderlands. The Bay is also good. The Poughkeepsie Tapes, Long Pigs, and Nightmare Code are all good as well.

Watched [Rec] and Poughkeepsie tapes. Can confirm, really good, going to watch the other movies you cited cus i crave found footage movies, thx user

Troll Hunter was the best one I have seen since Blair Witch

You need to look at all my links and sort by rating and just watch them all, really.

There's lots of good found footage out there if you follow the genre.

it was ok

Too CGI heavy

i like non-horror found footage, like Time Lapse and Project Almanac.

>Time Lapse

That's not found footage

oh yea. i just watched a bunch of these time-travelly type movies this past week, so i'm probably mixing it up with something else I saw.

>What found footage films are you looking forward to?

THIS

youtube.com/watch?v=njiBhlMwjJo

Blair Witch is like Resident Evil 4, great game but ruined RE and horror games in general, found footage kind of ruined horror , James Wan is kind of saving the genre though

>found footage kind of ruined horror

You can't ruin horror. Found footage added to horror.

just watched "Earth to Echo". Skip it.

That's like, kiddie found footage

Watch this.

youtube.com/watch?v=9WWROHqEd-8

as above so below
suprisingly good and comfy

looks good. thanks!
agreed.

Seen The Tunnel. Not bad, not great. It's alright. Was worth my time.

I thought this nausea inducing fad was dead.

probably doesn't strictly count as 'found footage', but i don't think ive ever been so constantly unnerved by a film before

>nausea inducing

Maybe you should see a doctor, you weak-stomach fag.

That does count as found footage mockumentary and it is indeed one of the best ever made. The only problem with it is that they didn't do more with the story.

>The only problem with it is that they didn't do more with the story.
Yes, but i think the only thing that was really missing was resolution with the neighbor subplot. All they needed was something that touched on how/where they ended up

i'm about 10 minutes into long pigs and i'm loving it. hilarious.

Yeah it wasnt really expanded into a satisfying narrative.

Didn't hold itself that much the second time I watched it.

watched this last night, it was pretty good

any of you goyims seen this? I've seen a couple of great reviews along with the usual ones.

Also wanna see Pandemic, as it looks like Hardcore Henry but not for retarded 14 year old edgelords.

It doesnt offer very much to begin with.

troll hunter is great, I much prefer the finnish version with English subs but I haven't been able to find it online in a while.

Grave encounters was pretty great I'd recommend that one

Cannibal Holocaust added a certain authenticity to horror. Unfortunately it was then later exploited by Blair Witch and a slew of lazy filmmakers all looking to make a quick buck off the next big gimmick like Blair Witch. Found Footage has done nothing but shit on the the already shitty genre of horror. Filmmakers don't ask themselves if they should make a found footage movie, they simply do so as a gimmick (paranormal activity, apollo 18 unfriended, etc) and because they lack the skill to make a proper narrative film.

Watch Dead Rush along with Pandemic.

Eek. I wouldn't bother if I was you.

that move is so hyped up around here and I don't even know why. It's boring as fuck.

You're just stupid. Stupid people always hate it.

I liked cloverfield, something comfy about watching a world be destroyed in the safety of my dark room.

The Blair Witch Project, VHS, Poughkeepsie Tapes, Cannibal Holocaust, REC, Lake Mungo, Willow Creek, Paranormal Activity, August Underground's Mordum, Grave Encounters, The Last Exorcism, Devil's Due, The Sacrament,

This. Had perfect pacing and protagonist. The movie kept my interest from start to finish and ties everything together neatly. A lot of horror movies have a problem where I can't root for the main characters but I couldn't help rooting for Kobayashi as he hunted for the truth and connected all the dots along side the audience.

You mean norwegian version, right? Would be weird to watch a norwegian film with finnish dubs and english subs.

seconding this, it's GOAT found footage and I generally don't like the genre but the pacing really is perfect

I'd also highly recommend pic related, the tension throughout the whole movie is great and the payoff at the end is terrifying, one of my top 10 horror films

I've watched a fair amount of found footage movies and paranormal activity 3, REC (the spanish one) and The Banshee Chapters are my favs.

OP thanks for this most beautiful thread.
Favorites are hard for me, but Cloverfield, Chronical, and Quarantine or [Rec] were definitely standouts for mees.

Oh gosh another great one

Almanac was fun

Chronicle and Blair Witch are probably my two faves. The best ones are ones that don't make you wish they were just a regular movie instead of a found footage. That is where Cloverfield fails.

Simply one of the best mockumentary / found footage I've ever seen. I still get chills down my spine when I think about the end credits...