I should have never gotten into classical. Seriously I can't even listen to pop music anymore. It's all become so dull...

I should have never gotten into classical. Seriously I can't even listen to pop music anymore. It's all become so dull. I occasionally still put on some Jazz, but rarely.

How can one ever go back to Radiohead and Beatles once one has experienced the sublime heights of Bach and Beethoven?

So this is basically a warning, don't get into classical unless you want every other kind of music to be ruined for you.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ccyHT1sFmsg
youtube.com/watch?v=RKJur8wpfYM
youtube.com/watch?v=8trqW4_lwSk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I just don't listen to music at all

I got into classical before pop and I still love Beatles and to a certain extent Radiohead

>the sublime heights of Bach and Beethoven?
>Bach and Beethoven
I see you never really got into Classical.

Unlike pop music the most well known composers are generally the best.

Trying to be a contrarian fag doesn't work with classical.

The late string quartets and the AoF are unmatched, other composers are merely memes in comparison

I bet you also like Gerwish and Zimmer.
>other composers are merely memes in comparison
Never got into it, comfirmed.

i want to get into classical, give me some recs

youtube.com/watch?v=ccyHT1sFmsg

>Never got into it, comfirmed
Some of my favourites are Scriabin, Scelsi, Nono, des Prez, Gesualdo, Schütz, Dufay, Kurtag, Cerha, Roslavets, Buxtehude, Frescobaldi, Gubaidulina, Tallis, Berio, Obrecht, Froberger, Weinberg, Monteverdi

Bach is still the greatest

where do i start

The Dies Irae from Mozart's Requiem
youtube.com/watch?v=RKJur8wpfYM

Concerto 21 by Mozart is a decent place to start.

Mozart in general is easy for beginners.

Depends, would you like orchestral, solo instrumental, or choral?

But generally I'd say start with Bach organ fugues. Short, complex, powerful - both accessible and fantastic

Mozart is great but not a good starting point imo as it may bore beginners. It's better to be challenged but fascinated than to be comfortable but bored

youtube.com/watch?v=8trqW4_lwSk

That guy is a pleb, but his base point is still correct.

Mozart is actually exceptionally challenging, to the extent that most, not even classical listeners realize just how challenging it is.

For how long have you been listening to classical?

I'm not a starter, but close to that, and I definitely recommend Dvorak and Beethoven for starters, specially the 7th and 9th symphonies of each.

That being said, I don't know where to go now, I can't find links for Bach symphonies, and I find anything not-symphony kinda dull, with some exceptions(Asturias and Hungarian Rhapsody, for examples).

There are no Bach symphonies, or any baroque symphonies for that matter

Concertos are the logical next step if you dig symphonies the most currently. Check out Elgar's cello concerto and Brahms violin concerto in d major

As for solo instrument, Bach's legendary chaconne shouldn't bore anyone