Doomsday

Wait a minute--Superman and Doomsday were travelling through space away from earth, then they get nuked from a missile launched from earth (not exactly sure what part of the country). They're in a 0 gravity void, so the explosion would have sent them outward and with no way of travelling back since 0 g, how the fuck did Doomsday IMMEDIATELY re-enter earth's atmosphere and land on a tiny island right next to Metropolis?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escape_velocity
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Orion_(nuclear_propulsion)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>How does gravity work: the post
Not 0 gravity, probably hadn't even left the atmosphere entirely.

>0 gravity

Then what keeps the Moon in orbit around Earth? And how do planets orbit the Sun? And how do stars orbit the centre of the galaxy, etc. if not for gravity?

They both would have been flung into deep space. I don't know how Superman was just floating around statically let alone how Doomsday got flung towards Earth again, luckily in an angle so that he didn't miss the planet.

>explosion would have sent them outward

With what air pressure?

So after travelling in one direction, getting hit with a nuke also travelling at greater speed from the same general direction, Doomsday would immediately fall back to earth in almost the same spot he came from by travelling in the opposite direction.

Oh, and apparently Superman would just kinda be up there floating around.

If they didn't reach escape velocity, they'd be pulled back to Earth immediately.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escape_velocity

yea, no.

ok great, canon says these beings can take a nuke to the face and not be instantly disintegrated, fine. Stupid, but fine - those are the characters.

And sure, they're still being influenced by earth's gravity - but in absolutely NO WAY is earth's gravity strong enough to completely and utterly negate the kinetic force that a nuke going off would have. They would have both been propelled so fucking hard out of earth's orbit - even if the nuke didn't hit them - even if it hit at an angle, they would have been launched in wildly different directions than straight fucking down, EXACTLY where they came from.

makes absolutely zero sense.

Even if it detonated above them, throwing them back down to earth (the only even remotely plausible explanation for doomsday's reentry) it should have had a similar effect on superman.

instead he was free-floating. not falling or being propelled in any direction.

Either the nuke had no kinetic effect on either one of them, or it effected only one of them and not the other. It's ridiculous either way.

>They're in a 0 gravity void, so the explosion would have sent them outward and with no way of travelling back since 0 g,

If they were in a void there would be no shockwave, in fact the nuke would be far less powerful due to only producing radiated heat.

The plasma of the bomb casing, and the radiant pressure from the bomb emissions (I don't particularly feel like figuring out if either would be significant figures).

>0 gravity
The gravity at the height where spacecraft orbit is almost as strong as the gravity at sea level.

How much thrust does a NUCLEAR MISSILE provide you fat faggot?

When you see a naked cave troll shooting laser beams from his mouth and generating lightning explosions, you're supposed to turn your brain off, bro

pretty much this.

I mean, I get a little annoyed when a movie ignores basic physics so egregiously, but you're right, getting worked up in an argument about something like this is pretty fucking silly.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Orion_(nuclear_propulsion)

Was this in the movie? I literally don't even remember any of this, or much of any of it really.

Yeah, Superman gets nuked and turned into a spooky scary skellington but then the sun turns him into a bald guy again.

>Supes punches Doomsday lots of times up in the air
>Get close to leaving atmosphere
>Pres says "fuck you superman" and shoots a nuke at them
>Superman gets turned into a TDKR reference and Doomsday shoots back towards Metropolis at Mach 30

They got nuked because Superman got nuked in The Dark Knight Returns, that's a big chunk of why anything happens in this movie, in fact I think they should have just had Snyder do a version of that if they wanted it so badly.

autism: the post

the same that keeps the sun exploding nonstop like a billion thermonuclear explosions a fuckign second

Dude, nobody gives a shit.