RIP WHAT

More than any part of What.CD, I miss the "top 10" page. Was basically a leak/recent release announcement page.

Anyone have a good way to see what's recently been released and leaked in "indie" music?

Other urls found in this thread:

losslessclub.com/
chartsinfrance.net/Patrick-Hernandez/news-92780.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Hasitleaked.com

>tfw never got an invite

This, you can have them email you when the album gets enough reported leaks. Only certain people can report leaks so trolling is very uncommon and the people who do report leaks are really quick.

is rutracker still safe to use?

Yeah, the first thing i'd do whenever I go to what is look at the top 250 albums to see what's leaked. That was my only source of finding out about new music, I discovered lots of bands just from seeing it on there and checking it out.

>tfw no waffles account
Thanks to the random user who invited me to What however long ago, you're a real bro.

My favourite was the collages. A few members whose taste I really trusted made some really good personal and thematic collages that I was slowly working through.

R.I.P. deodac's sticky odd albums collage.

sent ;)

waffles is down too my dude.

It still hurts Sup Forums

What's some good blogs of new releases like nodata.tv and exystence.net that aren't full of pop ups and viruses?

>tfw spotify masterrace
>tfw downloading everything i want legally and supporting the artist
>tfw no shitty tagged music
>tfw no ratiocucck

Paying actual money for intangible files is literally the most pleb thing you could ever do! And you're not even doing that! Once you stop paying for the service you can't listen to your library.

Jesus christ what a pleb.

those are the best two iirc, they still host their uploads on shitty file storage sites, why every doesn't just use zippyshare or mega is beyond me

i travel alot, my man. do you really think i want to buy a bunch of cds?
should i just leech everything for free like you to be a patrician?

>Not getting a seedbox for the same amount you would have spent on a subscription
It's like you're not even trying to be a patrician desu senpai

>subscribe to label collages of every sort
>informed quickly of new releases on labels you like

I'll miss that shit.

I use spotify and the tagging is fucking abhorrent. The classical music section is disgusting and if you listen to anything released pre-95 enjoy "remastered version," "mono," "deluxe edition," etc. on every fucking track.

>paying to get illegal products
i hope you learned your lesson, bro, enjoy your wasted 200 ratio, power user, etc. now all you have is a bunch of useless files you downloaded just to seed and get ratio

Breh, I have literal terabytes of high quality music that I was able to download because I invested in a modestly fast seedbox.

now pray for your hd not give up on you, better backup, mane.
would you do that again now that you know how unreliable these trackers are?
also do you think you are going to listen to all of that? thats years of music

just use that lossless russian website

I've listened to most of it actually. I feel kinda dumb sometimes for having spent so much time listening to music. I enjoyed doing it and also having extensive taste in music impresses girls tho, so it's fine I guess.

Has there been any explanation over IRC or anywhere else about what the hell happened?

what Russian site?

losslessclub.com/

hi Ricky

it's coming back
I'm hoping I can bum an invite from someone when it's back up. Rumor has it a lot of what staff are moving to waffles.

I'm just happy I took advantage of that 15 free leech tokens before it went down. Even still, I had a What.cd account since it came out. I still miss Oink's Pink Palace.

>tfw kiddos will never remember Oink's Pink Palace or Suprnova

What happened to what.cd?

Whiteflag NSA raided them and the admins nuked the site to prevent user info from leaking out.

>tfw you can't come home after a shit day and browse the daily 250

>tfw you find some sweet ambient but its $14 which is a lot for a digital album and you can't snatch from what

>tfw you had 3 incomplete token downloads all of which were flac boxsets

just nuke the french. fuck em

Does this mean I can nuke the 3TB of torrents I have downloaded?

>tfw no more seeding

its ded

when is it coming back its been down forever

Why did what go down? were they raided?

I remember a collage like "dog cover".
A whole bunch of albums with dog(s) on the cover. Shit was so cash. Unlike the ultimate faggotry of /mu.

>no shitty tagged music
sounds like someone never had an invite...
What.cd was ruled by Fourth Reich leaders. You could get banned for a wrong tag.

frenchfag reporting in
SACEM was invented almost a century ago to prevent artist/composer/interpreter from getting raped by editors/other artist, by protecting their right. They are equivalent in most occidental country, don't know for the rest.
Then came some technological revolutions (ie home taping, digital, to name a few)
But SACEM never evolved to integrate these new ways to listen to music.
In France, when you want to release a CD (even if it's you and your guitar and your redfish in your bathroom) you need a document from SACEM to declare the tracks, composer/author/interpreter etc... unless you CAN'T order a CD from a record maker (even 2 copies for you and your mother)
They take a tax on EVERY music that is aired in public.
That means you have to declare the exact track you played when kids are dancing in a charity fair.
That means radio stations pays SACEM according to the number of time they played a track.
That means a doctor have to get a licence to sacem if he wants to play relaxing music in its waiting room (this is crazy right?)
SACEM is supposed to transfer € collected to artist. But small bands never see anything from sacem, even after playing 100 gigs and declaring them (did I forgot to tell you have to declare the tracks you play at gigs? good luck with prog-jam-jazz bands...)
Sacem gives 800-1500€ A DAY to Patrick Hernandez for the only single he made.
chartsinfrance.net/Patrick-Hernandez/news-92780.html
Basically, they're just a lobby of the musical industry (the BIG ONE industry, not bandcamp obviously) and their only reason to exist is a legal protection they're supposed to offer to artist. (which is totally untrue since the artist have to do the closewatch by themselves, leading to only rich artist/major can hire an attorney to make that job for them...)
Personally, this association that took down the site was already on my "go to hell list", but now their stupidity has gone way above my scale.

This was my favorite way to discover music.
>WAS
FUCK

Time for Mutracker to return, perhaps?

>spotify
>supporting the artist
pick one and ONLY one

Now that what is gone mutracker would actually be useful

do it, based wait what

We have this in Canada as well. It's called SOCAN and although it doesn't seem so authoritarian as SACEM, it's still completely redundant bureaucracy that only serves to disincentivize music patronage.

Fuck the stupid middle-men...

>What has banned my country for years because of no reason
I hope they'll never recover again, fucking faggots.

YES PLEASE

based Wait, what
i loev u

Pitchfork just got 10x more popular.

Ha-ha, no.

shut up.

thanks for sharing

You're always welcome to try, children. We'll see how long this one lasts :^)