Holy shit, this album is beautiful. Their best work for sure

Holy shit, this album is beautiful. Their best work for sure.

Pretty good album, but STGSTV and Strawberry Jam are both superior IMO.

yeah, maybe not their best work IMO but still amazing, its the only album that can be called "feels" and not be a complete meme fest

No, it is their best work.

It's good but not their best imo

I can understand STGSTV being superior, but Strawberry Jam? Lol no

There's not a single bad track in Strawberry Jam. Prove me wrong.
Pro tip: you can't.

Feels > ST > HCTI > STGSTV > MPP > SJ > Hollinndagain > Painting With > CHz > DM

you should check out their People ep too, it's like 3 songs but it has the same sound as feels

>DM last
>forgetting Campfire Songs (their best)

Feels is great for sure, it soundtracked my first psychedelic experiences and those changed my life. It was a real special time in my life in general when I loved Feels the most, but it's such a particular feeling and I'm not always in the mood for it. I don't think it's necessarily their best I'd put it on the same level as MPP, ST, SJ, and CHz

So what? There's no bad tracks in Feels, ST, HCTI or STGSTV

i have thought feels was their best for a while... seems like their most songwriting focused album. I love it

That's a good point.

Oh sorry, I would rank CS after SJ

MPP > Sung Tongs > Fall Be Kind > Feels > Spirit They've Gone > Strawberry Jam > Water Curses > Campfire Songs > Here Comes the Indian

MPP>STGSTV>Feels>Sung Tongs>Holinndagain>Strawberry Jam>HCTI>Campfire Songs>Painting With>Chz>DM

STGSTV > SJ > MPP = Feels > ST > Campfire Songs > HCTI > Centipede Hz > Danse Manatee > Painting With

>most songwriting focused album

why do you say that? I would argue CHz or MPP

I'VE GOTTA BIG BIG BIG HEART BEAT, YEAH

do the elderly couples sttill...

KISSS ANDD HUG AND
GRAB THEIR BIG WRINKLY SKIN SO TOUGH WRINKLY WRINK AH WRINKLY ROUGH I IIII

I had no idea people still liked animal collective

DM is objectively their worst

People stopped liking them after Fantano and pitchfork decided they didn't like Painting With, but after Sup Forums basically disowned Fantano recently people have been warming up to the record and are pumped to hear what they have next, especially since Anco solo albums usually influence later records (Person Pitch->SJ/MPP and Grim Reaper->Painting with) and Sup Forums really likes sleep cycle so it sounds like it might be interesting

An album that has Meet the Light Child, Essplode, Runnin' the Roundball, Throwin' the Round Ball, Lablakely Dress, and In the Singing Box can't be the worst of anything

their other albums have more good songs

Give a reason Danse Manatee is bad

i didn't say it was bad
it's just not as good

Not as good as what at what and why?

banshee beat is their best song easily

You seem really fixated on debating this one guy's opinion.

Well.. that's just simply wrong

Yeah it's called a discussion

It sure seems to be going great.

Try not doing heroin desu

I love The Animal Collectives.

Well if he'd just give something to discuss, it'd be better

"That on is there worst" isn't a debatable point if you don't give a reason why

Some of the themes on here are beautifully tear jerking

>Chz that low

I'm disappointed in you anons

Can't name any reasons animal collective are bad other than they're a "meme"

But MPP has Lion in a Coma

Sorry, it's one of two Anco releases that actually have songs I outright dislike, every other Anco record is almost consistently good, whether it be consistently 8/10 or 10/10

Pulleys is the only one I'm not a huge fan of. Other than that it has my absolute favorite songs by them, Wide eyed and Monkey Riches.

Not him but that's literally my favorite Anco song, why do people seem to hate it? Also, people seem to dislike Daffy Duck as well, why?

The albums that sound like rave-reggae-bro music are the least good, i.e. Merriwether and everything after.

yeah true if they replaced it with anything off fall be kind ep it'd be a 10/10 album for me

for me personally both the boinging sound and the chorus are really annoying, and it just doesn't really hold up to the other songs on the album. mpp might be my fav album of all time but i skip lion in a coma whenever I listen to it.

just my opinion tho

hahah okay i'll take that but tell me why!

I always found the boinging both interesting and exhilerating. The song is hype and a highlight of the album to me. I get triggered when folks hate on it.

No more runnin' however isn't that good at all. It isn't BAD it's just okay.

Feels is special to me because The Purple Bottle is literally my all time favorite song. However it really isn't my favorite album because I find Loch Raven and Daffy Duck really boring.

Flesh Canoe is really sad in retrospect

nice bait

lion in a coma and no more runnin are highlights of the album desu

Very inconsistent and I can't imagine why they did made it like that. Pretty much every other song is inaccessible and the rest is gorgeous pop.

>flesh canoe
>bees
>daffy duck

I mean really. And then Turn Into Something has Avey singing with his mouth filled with cum or something.

I wish the whole album was like the first two tracks.

Me too man, those are my favorite songs in those respective albums. Totally underrated.

the whole album is sad in retrospect

the inaccessible songs are really important to the album. they will probably grow on you if you keep listening to it.