With Captain America: Civil War in theaters this weekend...

>With Captain America: Civil War in theaters this weekend, Marvel is deep in the middle of another press tour — which means it’s time for more questions about that Black Widow movie they keep not making, which means it’s time for more hopefully somedays and that would be greats and we would love tos. But this time around, Kevin Feige‘s answers sound just a little bit more promising.

>The Marvel Studios president has said Marvel is “committing” to a Black Widow solo movie, and that he thinks it’d be “fun” to launch a standalone franchise built around the super-spy Avenger. Which, before you get too excited, is nowhere close to an official announcement. But it might be a small step in the right direction.

Who seriously cares about Black Widow? She's boring and out of her depth in every movie. I'd much rather have a Scarlet Witch movie but I imagine the legal stuff might complicate that.

Side note: some fag suggested bringing back Whedon for this. Which seems like a good way to tank the MCU, he tried his best last time and with a dud like widow he could succeed

yeah, but is she really human?

she is so number 9

>for jew

She's only good for a supporting role.

Some user posted a while ago how it'd be better if Widow was somehow the one who was crippled during the airport fight. She's well established enough in the franchise for it to really have an impact, and by crippling her you're not really losing much. Plus she'd do well as a team leader or whatever they call it.

Here's my chance to win back tumblr!

Black Widow will smash the patriarchy!

nothing that happens in a black widow movie can be consequential enough to harm the MCU as a whole
the worst case is that it's awful quipcancer that you'll forget about as soon as the next good mcu flick comes out

Does anyone remember when she was hot? What went wrong?

she's incredible math
just incredible math

Boob reduction

The Internet would have a fucking aneurysm if she got crippled. The shitstorm would be intense.

Her being in a command role would work great, but yeah she's not at all interesting enough to lead her own movie.

I don't mind that rhodey got hurt, he doesn't really contribute much at all in the MCU.

Less makeup.
Different hair style and color.
She got old.

>She's out of her depth in every movie.

This is why I actually think a solo movie is a good move. Not that I'd prioritize it over anything else they're doing with actual super-heroes, but I think Black Widow works best in a vacuum. Put her in a room with a bunch of super-powered people and she just struggles to be relevant.

Which I think would bore people. They've dialed up the action and scale so much that I don't think your average MCU fan would want a smaller movie like she would have.

It may have worked before Avengers, maybe even right after but I think it's too late now.

If they play with the idea that theres been other black widows Id be pretty down for this

Goddamn
That was an amazing time.

Named my motorcycle after her so I could ride Scarlett all day long.

>Which I think would bore people
I doubt it.

Make it a tighter budget romp with Nat and Bucky doing espionage shit.

Basically adapt this and film it in a muted washed out tone and rate it R
Market it at an older audience and still make heaps on the investment.

>pseudo artsy style
>less action
>R-rated

>It'll make heaps

Don't quit your day job.

>Who seriously cares about Black Widow?
Besides neckbearded virgins?
SJW's.
>muh stronk womyn meme

>Make it a tighter budget romp with Nat and Bucky doing espionage shit.

I'd be so down for this... But I'd be more interesting in seeing Bucky do his thing. Him hunting hydra remnants and looking for answers would be great.

Which would not leave much for widow to do but tag along... Because she's a dull character.

Is anyone else totally fine with capeshit starring a woman but is not fine with capeshit starring the most boring character in the whole universe that brings down every movie she's in?

But why not cling to Scarlet Witch? She's way more interesting.