Impulse Response Pack
>mediafire.com/download/svtfxjtillrdwt8/Gods Cab 1.3.rar
>mediafire.com/download/4n28zkjw0zgmdj9/ASEM RECTO V30 L2.wav

previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=a2jE1NmzUUM
youtube.com/watch?v=KMqOOokv4TM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Don't disrespect the spayc bays! And don't forget, you can't fake the funk or your nose is gonna grow.

Hi guys. I want to start reading "The Advancing Guitarist", but I have noticed that it is in standard notation. I can standard notation, problem is, I don't know how to transcribe it in guitar(alas, I don't know which fret to use, etc). Is there a good tutorial for it? [spoiler] inb4 google it fagget [/spoiler]

Sounds like a great opportunity to learn how to read music.
In general you should know your fretboard, you should know the notes on every fret by heart.
When you're dealing with standard notation on guitar you should read through the entire thing and check out the highest and lowest notes, find those on your fretboard and get a rough sense of where you'll be playing that piece.
After that it's just a matter of practice. Also practice sight reading if you have the time.

Thanks user, I will keep that in mind while reading the book.

Im thinking about buying a looper pedal. Should i get a dedicated looper or am i better off buying a delay that has a looper function. Which delays/looper to consider?

No problem, honestly standard notation on guitar is a pain at first but it's a huge benefit once you are semi-fluent in reading it. And after that it's only a small jump to actually reading and sight reading fluently.

youtube.com/watch?v=a2jE1NmzUUM

Need help. 2013 MiA Strat. Comes with case, strap, tremolo bar. Whats a reasonably good price to pay. She wants $1300 Australian for it.

What's funk?

I just ordered this strap for my Synyster Gates Schecter.

Feel free to chimp out about my taste.

I own a plain leather strap that cost me 90€. Feel free to roast me.

why

I bought a 2000€ bass so it didn't feel like that much.

>tfw watching bass lessons despite being a guitarist because they're actually more helpful
youtube.com/watch?v=KMqOOokv4TM

seriously, guitar lessons are always pointless patterns and stuff like that, I only know a few that actually focus on musicality around the guitar rather than the notes themselves.

Damn, that's a lot for a bass. Post it.

that's a very good price. If you can get down to 1200, perfect.

Looks like a normal bass to me.
What's so special-
...What's 2000€ special about it?

>T. Guitar Player

>special
Handmade in Germany with great attention to detail, custom choice of woods/hardware/finish/etc., high end pickups and electronics, that kind of stuff.
MIA standard Fender basses are 1600-1800 here as well.

Should've just said it was a luthier bass then.

It's not.

Hi there Sandbergbro

Changed the pickguard on mine as the red tortoise one looked to much like vomit

What taste? From what you just said i can tell you have no taste.

Mirin, though i'm not a fan of maple fretboards
I recently traded pic related for the same bass but with maple fb and the difference is huge

I didn't mind the tort, but that looks great as well. Very traditional. Can't wait for my Maruszczyk P bass honestly, they make maple pickguard and it looks really neat.
Also very nice. Is that ebony or rosewood?

Are 24 frets a meme? Does it really matter?

I just like them because it's easier to bend the 22.

I absolutely cannot play with 21 fret necks.

>is X a meme?
If you ask this question ever about anything then you should be culled

let me ask you about Squier Classic Vibes do they dare i say it cover all bases?

Since you guys seem hate them...

If you had to get a signature guitar, which one would it be?
This piece of wood is calling my name, but only if it's under $800.

Since you guys seem to hate them...

If you had to get a signature guitar, which one would it be?
This piece of wood is calling my name, but only if it's under $800.

no it's not a meme you fucking mong, having two more frets completely changes the sound of your guitar

I have 24 frets on all my basses. I think it's way easier to navigate the neck and it makes more sense for me to have 2 full octaves.

I would get the double post special

:^)

I JUST ACCIDENTALLY SKIPPED A "To" YOU SKITTLETITS

Out of the way, Avril Lavigne Signature Telecaster coming through

Why do people still own electric guitars with headstocks in 2016?

It feels like one of those things that's just a practical joke that's gone on way too long or something.

o i am laffin

how much fucking money do you think I have

You more of a Steinberger man or?

Because we did it like that in the 50s and 60s. Because it was a cheap and effective way of doing it back then.
The question you need to ask is why people still demand that we stick to 60 year old designs.
I have no clue, ask a psychologist.

>Implying headstocks are not the most important thing

Rosewood, user, ebony looks darker and feels denser to the touch, besides lakland doesnt make ebony fretboards as far as I know

Hey /gg/, just thought I'd repost incase anty other bros are havin ga great new gear honeymoon. Picked up a Bassbreaker 007 for 279 at GC recently, returned my EHX Freeze and Zvex Box of rock and paid a little out of pocket. Best decision ever.

>go in expecting to buy a distortion pedal (a wampler soviergn)
>Leave with amp

Getting a case of GAS at a music store is dangerous.

pic related, new setup layout.

I use Bias FX so I only get G.A.S. when I'm looking at instruments, not amps.

I tried BIAS and wasn't that impressed, but I think i'll give it another go when I get a new interface or guitar-USB cable.

Couldn't tell from the picture, and macassar ebony can actually be fairly light in colour.

Why are we still using friction pegs and non-adjustable bridges on violins and cellos? Why do classical guitars use that silly wrap-around bridge design? It's all about tradition.

Guitar USB cables tend to get de-synced after a couple hours of playing and you can only fix them by unplugging them and plugging them back in.

I just got a $50 Behringer interface to fix that, pic related.

Any fretless Bros around? I want to get into fretless again but the basses that interest me only come with rosewood fingerboards. Is that an issue long-term? I'll probably stick with flats.

I have a Tom DeLonge fender cyclone i got from a pawn shop

>are 24 frets a meme
21/22 frets are a meme that's been going for 70 years now

19 frets is the most you'll need, do more with less. At least that has more than 300 year history

Does your meme argument also apply to other instruments? Should I cut off the fingerboard on my upright bass? On my Violin? Should I rip out the highest and lowest octave on my 88-key piano?

>19 frets is the most you'll need
Look everyone, I found the guy that played Wonderwall at that one party!

Let me introduce you to this man called Michael Angelo Batio

Babyyyyy, I got sick this morniiiiing

>When he gives you the keys to the lamborghini

>But you have to get the Lamborghini by your own means

Most steel string acoustic guitars have 20 frets.

It's gonna smell like her pussy.

I wish I was 12 again.

While silverburst can be nice on a V, it's an epiphone.

Save up for a real axe, my friend. You're also paying premium just because they stuck his name on the guitar.

>Inlay on 5th fret only

I'm sure it's a great guitar for having around your neck while pretending to play though.

>It's an epiphone
>Save up for a real axe, my friend
>You're also paying premium just because they stuck his name on the guitar
Nigga, it's less than half the price of a Gibson V.

>You're also paying premium just because they stuck his name on the guitar x2
You're paying premium just because they stuck "Gibson" on the guitar.

I'd rather buy a Chinese Gibson knock off to upgrade it myself.

>I'd rather buy a Chinese Gibson knock off to upgrade it myself.

Hope you get one that's actually built around a center line then.

Christ, shut up /gg/. I like lurking here but sometimes you guys say the dumbest shit and in true Sup Forums fashion I can never tell who's serious and who's just pretending to be retarded.

Expect 90% to be memes.

24 frets are nice if you play stuff that requires 2 octaves per string and are therefore not a meme.

Shit like offsets and RATE MUH SQUIER shit is memes.

>I'd rather buy a Chinese Gibson knock off to upgrade it myself.

The name counts for a lot, especially if you ever choose to sell it on some day.

Gibson are not as good as they should be in 2016 but guitarists with your mindset spend their lives chasing Gibson guitars through copies of them and never actually getting Gibson guitars. Wrong top carves, neck width, body dimensions, headstock angle etc. Then there's resale value and everything else that comes with owning a genuine Gibbo. Fuck Epiphone and fuck copies, if you're going to get a Les Paul or a Gibson V just save up and do it the right way.

I did. $140, can you even fucking believe it

I'm not planning to sell my guitars ever though.
>Fuck Epiphone and fuck copies, if you're going to get a Les Paul or a Gibson V just save up and do it the right way
This is what people believe in the current year.

I like expensive guitars as much as anyone, but if I can find something that looks exactly like a Gibson and it's comfy to play (meaning you can feel it's not built like shit) then I'm buying it, just gonna change the hardware as soon as possible.

I'm probably never gonna have a real Gibson unless I find one used for less than $500 or if they endorse me, which is unlikely.

Rosewood is the most prone to wear but if you're using flats or tapewounds it's unlikely you would have to do any maintenance on the fingerboard more than once every several years. Maintainance for a few shallow divets on a fretless is a simple matter of sanding the whole thing down by half a millimeter. No big deal.

The fingerboard wear issue is mostly perpetuated by Jaco Pastorius' story, who used round steels on a rosewood board and played hard for hours every day. He is did a suboptimal diy epoxy coating on his that had to be fixed frequently.

What guitar are you CURRENTLY playing?

Could have inlays on the side

That's not the fucking point. It's a prop guitar.

Black Gibson Explorer.

Haters gonna hate.

500 doesn't buy good guitars.

an sg

>The fingerboard wear issue is mostly perpetuated by Jaco Pastorius' story, who used round steels on a rosewood board and played hard for hours every day. He is did a suboptimal diy epoxy coating on his that had to be fixed frequently.
So if I defretted my guitar, I could keep using d'addario prosteels ? if so that's damn cool, I really like the tone of these

not really CURRENTLY playing since imma do the dishes, cook and eat, but it's this

>500 doesn't buy good guitars.
maybe if you're talking in zimbabwe dollars

>Ibanez Gio

Although that's one cool ass pickup. Can I find them online? Do they ship below the Great Wall of Trump?

Aerodyne Jazz

I've mocked my guitar more than you ever will, the headstock's the least bad part of it.
I'm in yurop so if they ship through the sea of migrants here, they can probably ship through a simple wall.

I went separate, since my Flashback won't let you use the delays on the loop setting. Got a Ditto instead, good to go.

I was going to print the remaining two pickup holders but there wasnt any filament left so I have to stick with one pickup for now. I am also goin to make a small amp and fit it in the space with a battery and all so that I can hook a pair of headphones directly to the guitar
>tfw living in a dorm

What is some cheap recorder that we can record our songs in not completely ass quality with?

Good ole SG

Cheapest option is buy an interface and use DI with some amp sims.

I get a smidgen of delay in BIAS. Going through my FocusRite iTrack Solo. ASIO driver. I built my PC in 2011. I wonder if a new mobo and processor would alleviate the issue?

Probably just the JMJM.
Maybe I'll go grab one soon.

cheap as in cheaper than 100 bucks or cheap as in cheaper than 1000 bucks?
give us some info mang

have you tried going as low as possible with the samplerate before you're at 100% cpu usage?

Recently picked up new Duo-Sonic no bully pls

Hes not talking about buying a good guitar, hes talking about buying a gibson.

also have these two in the collection

ey it's tweedy sg guy
haven't seen you post your guitar in a while
tfw i probably wouldn't have bought an sg if i didnt love wilco so much

Under 100$.

Ordered ZOOM H1 MB already though, hope it won't suck.

I've heard some live recordings from them, they're pretty decent.