Say something nice about Family Guy

say something nice about Family Guy

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_SKdN1xQBjk
youtube.com/watch?v=cewvj2G-JYg
familyguy.wikia.com/wiki/Universe_Without_Christianity
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

it used to be funny

It was okay for a few seasons. Nothing special but not as bad as everyone made it out to be. It's terrible now. It tries to be so hard to be edgy but so many of the jokes simply aren't funny or miss the mark.

Since I cancled my TV service I don't accidently stumble across it any more.

It has more watchable seasons than The Simpsons. At least with the offensive joke every second style, you're going to like a couple of them. Simpsons just kinda is lame 100% of the time.

What is the target audience of Family Guy?

If it never existed then we wouldn't have American Dad

I liked the Kool-Aid Man jokes.

Also in the episode where Peter crashes into the local TV broadcast dish and knocks out TV in the town, he goes around wearing a cardboard TV outline frame. The gag in that scene was great. "Lifetime, CBS, oh hey, UPN!"

This. First 4 seasons were gold, the first season back was OK, after that every episode had to have any combination of the three

>1) A musical piece
>2) Heavy drug use/references
>3) Gratuitous violence

It made me laugh a few times over the years and without it we probably wouldn't have American dad

First 3 seasons it was arguably the funniest animated show on tv.

The one episode where Brian meets the recluse opera singer was legitimately saddening. I wanted more of that.

I miss him being an alcoholic 80s pop culture fan. You take the good, you take the bad, you take 'em both, and there you have...my opening statement.
and yeah I know it's not strictly 80s, but he did like those a lot.

Reminder that we've reached the point where The Simpsons is now a Family Guy ripoff

There are actually a lot of genuinely funny episodes

Also McFarland is bro as fuck. He's just seems like a nice dude. He always seems to be having fun with himself

I liked the first four seasons.

>realising what people will think has been done
That a talking male canine impregnated a talking male toddler with his puppies. Wtf.

Pretty funny show tbqh friend

It's still awesome. I love the old stuff and the new stuff. I'm glad that it, South Park, Sunny have all grown and changed. Purists are fucking retarded.

He's probably a gay. The signs are there

>fan of musicals and theater
>can't stop singing
>has a sister
>never been seen with a woman
>voices Stewie

He's definitely gay. He's friends with Sarah Silverman but never dated her.

that one bit where he gets eaten by Tony Robbins made me laugh like a maniac the first time I saw it

Seth should honestly act more, like he isn't bad at all.

Season ten Joan of Arc joke made me laugh so hard I cried the first time. It's still funny, bros. It is a very different show, but I like it.

They had some good lines before they ran out in season like, 4
>now kids, daddy only drank so the statue of liberty would take her clothes off

It's shit

They're showing on Adult Swim the episode where Chris has a bigger penis than Peter.

He fucked Elisa Dushku and Emilia Clark. Totally gay

First three seasons are genuinely funny.

>that part of the episode where something shocking is revealed
>Lois say's something like "are....are you _____________"
every time
oh and Stewie used to be cool but now he sucks. Instead of being gay he's just kinda sarcastic and monotone

I don't really understand why people say that. Maybe Season 3 and 4, but the first couple seasons are so fucking hard to watch now. The jokes just don't hold up.

I never had a problem with Family Guy, I've actually been using it recently as my "background noise to fall asleep to" show since I've gotten burned out on American Dad/Always Sunny/Bob's Burgers

make a playlist of shows. I burned out on King of the Hill and The Venture Bros terribly, but now they're okay in small doses when an episode comes up on random

It's not really that bad as people say. The humor is juvenile and relies far too much on manatee jokes, but at least it's consistent and can get a few laughs. Compare that to zombie Simpsons which fails to be funny and tries far too hard to be hip.

I remember the first time I watched Family Guy. It was this scene: youtube.com/watch?v=_SKdN1xQBjk

I was in a hotel with my family, and we were going to Disneyland in the morning. At the time it must've been the hardest and longest I'd ever laughed. It's all been downhill from there, with both Family Guy and my family.

Merica!

I don't like Bob's or Dad. But I always fall asleep to Sunny or Family Guy. Weird. My friend keeps trying to make me watch Futurama but I'd rather watch Rick and Morty.

Does anyone else think early Family Guy has aged terribly. I can't really stand the early seasons anymore.

What was the joke?

youtube.com/watch?v=cewvj2G-JYg

I presume this

My phone cant play youtube stuff, can you type it?

On Adult Swim they're showing the episode about Peter's wedding anniversary.

It's time to let go of that 3510 mate.

Fuck I'll go farther than that, I'd rather watch a modern Family Guy episode than a modern Simpsons episode, 100 times out of 100.

JUST LIKE THE BAD GUYS

FROM LETHAL HAMMER 2!

Joan of Arc stands before soldiers: "I'm not like the other girls. I play Call of Duty. Look me up, GuitarGrrrrrrl17. I like steak and beer. Other girls don't. Don't come in my room, guys. I might be rubbing one IN!" (soldiers set her on fire)

It's popularity has faded greatly. We don't see Family Guy merchandise everywhere anymore.

It's not worse than Bob's Burgers

I fell for the Netflix meme. They should be devoting all of their money to get KotH back

Some of the rule 34 is fappable.

Looked that part up. Ain't that funny.

>It has more watchable seasons than The Simpsons
The Simpsons has 8-9, Family Guy has maybe 2 and none of them are uniformly perfect.

I might be a drunk Catholic, but Seth has been known for his anti-Catholic views. I found the holy water gag somewhat funny, but I find it a shame whenever saints get slandered such as Saints Nicholas, Valentine, Patrick, etc.

It's still on tv I guess?

sounds like a personal problem

the recent K-Pop episode was great

watch Futurama tho, it's fantastic.

Cleveland turned into a red-pilled motherfucker in his spinoff.

probably just the first two but yeah it's hard to watch

it's product of its time

Maybe it is for me, but the the actual historical record is way different than what Seth believes it is.
>familyguy.wikia.com/wiki/Universe_Without_Christianity