>Civil War Opening Day
> $73.5M opening day

>Dawn of Justice Opening Day
>$81M opening day

MARVEL BTFO

Other urls found in this thread:

boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=4182&p=.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>giving a fuck about what one, or both, of the major comic book-related film studios are doing
>ever

You are now aware that you live in a world, a terrifying world, where there are people right this moment who use terms such as "canon" and "cinematic universe" when talking about films and television shows.

A terrifying world where imagined characters on a screen are required, according to those who discuss them, to adhere to "ground rules" set out by the creators of said-characters. A terrifying world where those that discuss these characters and their actions, are actually enraged if said-characters deviate from the mannerisms expected of them, the mannerisms that may have initially been set in the pages of a comic book.

Think about that. A comic book. For children. Yes, pictures and words on the same page, which are meant to be read by children, that are actually read by adults who then bicker and express their frustration at film-adaptations of these comic books not being "faithful". Faithful to a comic book. That's supposed to be read by young children.

This is your world. This is the world of capeshit. Terrifying, isn't it?

AHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA

Civil war hasn't come out in US you dcuck

>civil war opened on a wednesday only in china and taiwan and whatever
>BvS moved its date to avoid competing with AoU

wait till the numbers are done, you'll hide under a rock then

Except Civil War is still going to earn more money than Dawn of Justice.

Don't forget how quickly the box office numbers started to go down after the first week. Now I'll leave you with your delusions.

these are Friday USA numbers

BTFO
T
F
O

Ahahahaahahahha

Whos JUST League now, Marvelcucks!!

>one opened worldwide and around the same timeframe
>one has been out for almost 2 weeks in most parts of the world.

People didn't know how shit bvs was gonna be beforehand, so unfortunately they spent their money on it.

Poorfags watched a camrip

If word of mouth is anything to go by (see Bvs' decline after a few weeks) Civil war will beat it in the long haul. Normies are already flipping their shit over it.

Whatever helps you sleep at night

Damn it!!!

We should have called it Avengers Civil War!!! Damn it damn it damnit !!!!!

BvS was more front loaded, CW will end up above 1B though

Lol my nigga henry look like adult jimmy neutron

>a weekend over $200 million is easy to forecast and even as much as $215 million isn't at all unreasonable.

boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=4182&p=.htm

reminder BvS didnt surpass 200M opening weekend

>I unironically like capeshit

I wish you were a namefag so I can save a screenshot of your tard and post it back in a week.

wasn't DoJ opening day on a holiday weekend?

It's tracking higher than Iron Man 3, and IM3 made 1.2 billion.

You know the fun part?
That BvS had no competition.
It was all alone on the beginning of Spring break, and still people didn't go watch it.
That's right, people decided to not watch anything at all rather than BvS.

But DC is legit. Marvel isn't ambitious enough to even attempt to be art. Even if a DC movie doesn't reach perfection it still far exceeds a Marvel movie which wallows in its mediocrity. It aims low and stays low. If Icarus falls from the heavens, it's still a sight to behold.

BvS is as much art as Transformers 4

>mfw i buy a ticket to see BvS but watch CW instead

>mfw he dosent realize BvS has already been pulled from theatres and we can see through his bullshit

...I can still go down to my local joint and watch BvS right now

sad life

What are you talking about? Not only is BvS still showing at 2 theatres in my area, but one of them is even still showing Deadpool.

One is the third in the trilogy of a lesser known character, which requires audiences to have seen at least 5 or 6 other films to understand.

The other has literally the two most iconic superhero names in the title, includes the third most iconic hero in the poster, and takes 0 previous movies to understand (there is only 1 previous movie anyway)

It is an absolute embarrassment to DC that this is even close.

>movies
>art
even Sup Forums has a stronger claim than you.

marfel btfo lmaooo

You already posted this once.

>implying they didn't pull BvS from cinemas 3 weeks ago

you're a dumbass. I just randomly picked a theater near me and I could have gone tonight at 9pm

>9pm
>literally ONE show
>furrytopia is 2 weeks older and has 4
JUST
U
S
T

well yeah, zootopia was a better movie and kids sell tickets more than neckbears

Snyder pls

Wasn't bvs released worldwide the same date? Civil War had a staggered release

Adaptations of various forms of literature in film have existed since the beginning of the medium.And I mean everything from massive epics to childrens stories and fairy tales. And stories with any sort of relationship with the existing material is going to invite contrast. So I dont get why you hold film as being somehow above exploiting a popular existing creative property. You could simply say "i just hate capeshit" and that would be a better argument than what you presented here.

>one show

at least in that empty theater no one will see you jerking off with your own tears

yeah it was, also lined up with some american holiday. I've seen a bunch of obvious butt hurt dcfags trying to troll CW threads all week

What's the competition for civil war?

Jungle Book, and in two weeks X-Men Apocalypse.

>X-Men Apocalypse

Wat are you doing nigger that pasta doesn't even apply to company wars.

>Would rather see Civil War but have to inflate BvS numbers

DCucks is actually literal now

>BvS simultaneous worldwide release
>Civil War US with Taiwan etc release
>Civil War only 7 million off BvS
>if all countries included in opening day for Civil War, we're looking at +20million more
>Civil War now has 94million opening day

jesus christ was BvS really that much of a failure?

yes

I guarantee that civil war won't even make it past 800 million

DC, please.

Lets see how the rest of the month goes

Before I saw it was going to be sapped all through May by Angry Birds, Jungle Book, X-men and Through The Looking Glass, I would have argued...

It'll struggle to a $billion, well short of Iron Man 3 ($1.3)...not too hot for what's essentially Avengers 2.5...

>$81M opening day
Isn't it rather weak, considering the fact that it was up against fucking nothing?

There are still showtimes near me. I could even see it in IMAX tonight if I want. Maybe I will.

this image is excellent

i'm saving this post for the next week
can you adopt a tripcode so that when you're wrong I can show you your own post?

Yeah, what the fuck were the execs thinking? Did they not know about fox's release date beforehand? That wolverine bit at the end of the latest trailer has everyone hyped

tfw when someone saves your OC.
Feels good man.

Where's your trip, faggot? You're going to be btfo when it has a 80% drop next week