/Foundfootage/ General - The Official Sup Forums Found Footage Thread

>2016
>not enjoying found footage films and waiting for the next good one to come out.

Relevant information:
Found footage trailer collection: youtube.com/user/FoundFootageFreak
Found footage database: foundfootagecritic.com/found-footage-films-database/
Found footage podcast: foundfootagefiles.org/
A podcast in "found" audio format: archive81.com/
Found footage letterboxd list: letterboxd.com/jewbo23/list/found-footage/

What is your favorite found footage film of all time, Sup Forums?

What found footage films are you looking forward to?

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/117598537
foundfootagecritic.com/the-break-in-2016/the-break-in-2016-review/
imdb.com/title/tt0169005/
youtube.com/watch?v=9WWROHqEd-8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

this one is great

Too polished, ending was anti-climactic.

Everytime I watch Blair witch project I go into it with the head cannon that the witch is actually a succubus that was summoned long ago by the hermit that was killing kids in the mountains, he summoned her and had an affair with her and when he eventually died the succubus stayed to carry on his work because she loved him.

I will vouch for this one and also throw in my own.

don't let the poster fool you, was a surprisingly good watch

and i vouch for this one in return....too bad the sequel had such a horrible ending. it was also pretty good, up until the last five minutes....first one is real good from start to finish though.

this one was really great

Son of Saul might as well have been a found footage Holocaust movie

It's probably my favorite niche genre, I wish there were more quality ones out there.

It'd be great to get a proper Cloverfield sequel, possibly a found footage film of a family escaping westbound from the Monster takeover coming in from the Atlantic.

Is the podcast worth listening to?

Grave Encounters was actually a fun watch. It's a shame so many people get turned off by the ghosthunting angle and never see it.

this one was pretty well done and had a legit spooky ass scene that i didnt see coming

dont think anyone has seen this movie besides me

loved it

bump fist bro

>I wish there were more quality ones out there.

Long Pigs
The Poughkeepsie Tapes
The Bay
The Borderlands
[Rec]
Noroi
The Dirties
Lake Mungo
Lunopolis
Reel
Interview With the Assassin
A Necessary Death

And lots more I can't remember

90% of podcasts are a bunch of nasally faggots laughing hysterically at each others reddit meme jokes so probably not

>The Bay
Fuck dat shit, nigga!

>Is the podcast worth listening to?

The Found footage files? Yes. Lots of news, reviews, and a community behind it. If you like found footage, it's worth listening to just to find out about upcoming found footage movies.

Archive 81? Maybe, but its very new and its a story with "tapes from a lost person" so it could become shit, could become good.

Absolute shit. Holy fuck this is the least scary movie I've ever seen, and every single one of these threads some pussy talks about how its SO SPOOKY GUIZE.

The podcast is great for people who want to know what found footage films are coming soon. If you are addicted to found footage, yes, listen to it.

Waiting for this

>Obsessed with making a movie with Hollywood actress Anne Hathaway, a young man in Romania goes to shocking extremes using three local actresses to shoot scenes from the movie to send to Anne as proof of his filmmaking skills.

vimeo.com/117598537

yeah problem being some of these are not so good

>Absolute shit. Holy fuck this is the least scary movie I've ever seen

You know a person is retarded when they can't see that Lake Mungo was great. There's always a retard who doesn't like it because there's NO JUMP SCAREZ

also because stupid people hate this movie it's a know fact! its top notch broski

I always like the The Last Broadcast...except the ending

The ending always annoys people. I wish they would redo it.

Yeah don't know how'd they do it but do over would be nice.

It had such promise. The trailer was great.

I know! I caught a year after it came out on IFC. For about 15 minutes I thought I was watching a documentary.

I enjoyed Apollo 18

what the hell does that say? The Buttmas conspiracy?

When does it come out?

oh wow this board is so bad now i almost hope this autism starts again

Nobody knows, but I will make a thread for it when we can torrent it.

bump, I support this, found footage is my shit. Saw a terrible one the other night I won't even bother mentioning.

Name it so people can avoid it. We are here to inform and discuss.

I doubt you'd even really find it without looking, I was given it for reviewing for some website. It's called The Break-In, hoo boy, so ham-handed and borning.

The Borderlands is one of my favourite films ever.

Also watched one called Mr Jones this week, which was pretty good for most of the film, then the ending was a mess.

I'm a found footage nerd who knows pretty much all of them. I know that one. It's not good. Really ridiculous ending.

Did you review it for this?

foundfootagecritic.com/the-break-in-2016/the-break-in-2016-review/

Try to get Be My Cat: A Film for Anne, Followed, and O Unilateralis.

Oh wow, this is so much more in depth than I was allowed, I wish. It was for another lesser site, I kept my soapboxing to a minimum, but I dug in a little bit about the genre overall.

Ugh. Seems like no one knows what to do with it.

I saw this and enjoyed it until that fucking AWFUL ending. Fuck.

Are any of those actually available? Be My Cat looks intriguing.

This was so terrible all the way around, watchable enough I guess, but not necessary or doing anything new.

>Those writing credits
Why would I want to watch that?

Oh, that was me as well, I don't really know how much pull this guy has, but I can poke around and see if he can get me something. Not found footage, but I almost had We Go On, but they're on a gag order apparently. Same guys who did Yellowbrickroad (awesome), really nice people.

Wait, Followed is available to buy. My mistake.

>We Go On

Oh fuck. I wanna see that. It's not found footage but I want it.

Where can I find To Jennifer? Sounds pretty good.

I hate to admit it, but Unfriended was really good, just a shame they really needed to have it be a high school based teen drama story.

Me too. It sounds fantastic, which has me apprehensive, but Yellowbrickroad was great, so it might hold up.

I thought the ending was perfect...

I will defend this one up and down

Disregard the sequel though it's a mess

>Where can I find To Jennifer?

It's only on private trackers right now because nobody seems to know it very well.

I can upload it for you if you want, though.

I found a shitty stream, but if you wouldn't mind, thanks!

I'm liking this functional discussion on Sup Forums, it's disturbing.

I'm trying to think of other ones I've seen recently...

I gotchu, this was actually very decent, people can't into weird endings for some reason. Sometimes they're rough, but I feel like it's more earnest. Not that this is the genre to be looking for honesty in necessarily.

Anyone else see this one?

Nope, how was it?

That one wasn't bad. It was pretty unique and didn't make a big show of everything which usually makes the threat look cheap given the budget. I liked it.

Not that bad, it's kind of a typical young adults go camping but it had some good suspenseful scary parts in it

One of the worst ones I've seen

Maybe I'll give it a shot.

I feel like I saw this but I don't remember anything about it.

how do you make a good, unique found footage film? How can you make a good ending that feels perfect for the tone of the movie without being rushed fucking trash?

I think that depends on the idea and the focus you'd like to take. Something like The Blair Witch Project, at least for me, is a perfect conclusion that's both not really visceral as well as totally terrifying by the implication. Something else like Paranormal Activity is more in service of furthering the sequels, or if you leave it at one, delivering one final intense bit of shock with a definitive yet still creepily open ending.

It really hinges on the story, I think. I have had a vast number of halfway decent ideas that kind of leave me because it's so hard to find a satisfying enough ending without a cop out or something that feels like a cop out.

I thought the ambience in Noroi was top notch. I watched it alone at the middle of the night and got thoroughly spooked.

Alien Abduction: Incident in Lake County is a lesser known gem, kinda surprised no one heres mentioned it yet though.

I loved Noroi on first viewing, but on a second viewing I liked it a lot less and I don't know why.
Also, the few CG effects in the film looked terrible and they shouldn't have even bothered putting them in the film.

Oh sweet, thanks so much. I wish I had something to upload in return.

>tfw no witch gf

If your film is about slow building tension, don't have a sudden action packed, bombastic ending. It never gels with the tone that the earlier parts of the film established and always feels silly. End with a whimper, not with a bang.

Weird, it's just giving me a white page. I'll keep trying.

Anyone got a torrent of The Borderlands?

That's a great one. Did you know it's a remake of an older film called UFO Abduction? You can find the original on Youtube and different torrent sites.

imdb.com/title/tt0169005/

This is good advice.

Unrelated, but has anyone seen the more mumblecore based horror movies? Like Toad Road or The Oregonion? and I suppose to some extent Trash Humpers?

This is one of those movies that i think should be rewatched after a couple of years so you dont remember it as much. For me the strenght of this movie was being mysterious up until the very end. And yeah cgi was average. Well most jap movies are like that lol

Hold on, I'm going to try a better host. Give me a while to upload it.

You should try Occult, by the same director. It's not as strong as Noroi but it might be to your liking.

To add to this I'd also say don't force a fucking twist ending. Twists more often then not ruin good films, especially when they're sudden and not woven into the plot throughout the film.

This was an entertaining tech-scifi found footage film.

How is that despite being the first of its kind, the Blair Witch Project remains the best found footage film?

>those authentic feeling performances
>that comfy pre-internet 90s feeling
>Smartly using both a digital and analogue camera
>that damp, washed out, wintery look
>that primal fear of being lost and alone in the wilderness
>a plot that actually makes fucking sense and isn't just a bunch of disconnected scary shit happening for no reason

Such a great fucking film

are there any nonhorror found footage films? Nothing with overt scary, thriller scenarios?

Perhaps secondary, but the marketing worked to its advantage too, not too much before that was done in that style. Now it's almost expected when something like it pops up. The internet is also much more in full swing that it was then, no one has figured out how to break that particular link in the chain yet.

Blair Witch is good, but if you are certain that it is the best found footage film, you really haven't seen many found footage films.

There's like 600+ out there. You've probably seen a dozen.

Cool cool, thanks!

>are there any nonhorror found footage films?

Interview with the Assassin
A Necessary Death

/#!Jkgi3Jab!2mwvWgvmokK9H8sC5UjRA-zmFRsFrnmxBldYOVx5tCQ

MEGA

get it now. I don't keep these up for long.

It's meant to look terrible, Noroi and Shiroi utilized a mockumentary style that is influenced by Japanese spoop hunting tv series. Might want to check out the Honto Ni Atta Noroi no Video series if you want to get a full appreciation for the reasoning of the terrible effects.
You'll still think it's shitty even with the history under your belt, though. But there are instances where they're really able to drive a true sensation of dread into with some of the vignettes, which promptly gets killed due to the replay, replay in slow mo, frame pausing that is required.

His films Occult and Cult have a cleaner look, but the CG is still cringe worthy. Well worth a look into them simply for the fact that underlying the two films is an inter-dimensional jihad between ancient beings of great power and whose will is beyond our reckoning.

If you want to see what Koji Shiraishi is capable of when he's given an actual effects budget, check out A Record of Sweet Murder. It's a joint Japanese-Korean film, so unfortunately it will never have subtitles.

Yeah, I don't blame you. Thanks again.

meant for

Grave Encounters is def one of the best altho I do like VHS as well as Cloverfield.

This. The ending of second was the worst decision making the main character do what he did.

My favorite was this.

This one wasn't as bad as the IMDB score made it out to be. I had an alright time with it.

You should watch more found footage. It was good but there's more out there worth seeing.

I have, but I saw it before the genre saturated.

There should be a more permanent sub-group for this here, I'd connect beyond Sup Forums, but you're probably all murderers.

youtube.com/watch?v=9WWROHqEd-8

If this doesn't make you go to the Pirate Bay and get this movie, I don't know what will.

>you will never be chased by a zombie loli