Hey Sup Forums, this is really my last hope for saving my pet rat Janko...

Hey Sup Forums, this is really my last hope for saving my pet rat Janko, he is very sick with a URI and I dont have the money to pay for the vet. I am hoping for a burst of luck and someone to donate, Im not sure how much longer hes got.

Other urls found in this thread:

gofundme,com/2b6astv2
youtube.com/watch?v=QRNzYNVQcFo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

OP: gofundme,com/2b6astv2

change comma to period at ,com

>no money for vet
>owns pet anyway
grats on killing your rat

well, I didnt think he would get sick a few week after I bought him. Also considering I had a life event pop up, that cost me hundreds, I dont have the money now.

looks like you had another life event. c'est la vie.

Yeah, I did, quite unlucky, thats why I was hoping for someone to help me out in the time of need.

incidentally, "quite unlucky" is a pretty good epitaph

leave it to Sup Forums to make me feel worse (^:
anyway, still gonna hope on someone helping me out. on the bright side Janko is atleast enjoying running around my house.

bump for this ratter

the ratters fate is in Sup Forums's hands.

How long do you think the rat has?
Or how long until you need to pay up

Jankoo, Janeczkoo, czy wysłuchasz rady meej

It's a rat, how much does a new one cost? 5 bucks?

not sure exactly, maybe a few days? the way it works I believe is their lungs get worse and worse till they either cant breathe or die from lack of water, because they dont eat or drink as much, right now hes still running around and seems decently okay, but he has stopped eating as much and drinking as much.

how much did he cost?

10, but Ive already grown to him, hes very playful and climbs up my arm if I set my hand in, plus I love the way he looks..cant just get another one of the same look and name it Janko.. Thats just rude to do haha. Its the same as if you adopted a dog, it died, and me telling you to just go get another one.

I wouldn't own a pet, animals are not for inside your house unless they're on your plate.

hahaha
but you could get 8 rats for one jank-o

Wishing your rat the best. I'm broke right now but I can give you a few tips.

Steam up your bathroom, bring your rat in there for a bit. the steam will help clear his nose out.

Also, small bits of dark chocolate have been known to relieve URI symptoms .

If you can get your hands on some Amoxicillin , break up a little bit and mix it in with some applesauce or something as it helps fight bacteria.

I've owned rats before and have gone through the same deal

Im a lonely shit and needed a friend.

Go to the pet store or fish store. Buy amoxicillin fish capsules. Empty half a capsule onto cheese. Dose him twice a day for 5 days. Fixed. You're welcome, faggot.

Been doing the steam thing for him, its only short relief sadly. I dont think dark chocolate will completely heal him but I can try, thank you for the help.

is that like rat arsenic?

It's a rat dude. It's not like it was gonna live that long anyway. Just enjoy the time you have left then flush it when it croaks.

How much do I give him? dosage amount?

Alot of people do not realize how strong of a bond a rat and its owner can form. They're intelligent creatures and absolutely NEED companionship. they can get depressed and actually die if left alone. Their brain patters are eerily similar to that of a human, and have been shown to help out their companion instead of going after a treat. theres a reason they are on the smartest animals in the world list

It ends in cillin so it's an antibiotic like penicillin

they live up to 4 year I believe. I just dont have the money to take him to a vet.

Buy a pet snake and make the rat its food

snakes are shit tier pets though, they dont even bond

You are a very great human.

Post time stamp with ratto

bumping with rat facts

Rats take care of injured and sick rats in their group.
Without companionship rats tend to become lonely and depressed.
Rats have excellent memories. Once they learn a navigation route, they won’t forget it.
When happy, rats have been observed to chatter or grind their teeth. This is often accompanied by vibrating eyes.
Rats make happy "laughter" sounds when they play.
Rats succumb to peer-pressure, just like humans. Brown rats are prone to disregard personal experiences in order to copy the behaviour of their peers. The urge to conform is so strong that they will even choose to eat unpalatable food if they are in the company of other rats who are eating it.
Although very curious animals, rats are also shy, and prefer to run away than confront a potential threat.Rats are extremely clean animals, spending several hours every day grooming themselves and their group members. They are less likely than cats or dogs to catch and transmit parasites and viruses.
A rat can go longer than a camel without having a drink of water.
Rats’ tails help them to balance, communicate and regulate their body temperature.

One that commented on your video earlier again, just saying that you're a great human, and sound caring. Best of luck

Enjoy the rat, let it die, buy a new one.

Or maybe you are fishing for money with an animal sob story.

I've got birds snakes and cats i bond with them all

ratto is currently having a shit time while bigger ratto, Edison, sleeps without fear of death.

Snakes wont recognize you, sure they'll get used to being held but thats about it

going through go fund me would be a very weird way of getting money, Ive already posted the link to the go fund me with a video of him struggling to breathe.

I've had mine for six years and she defiantly knows who i am

take him to a vet anyways, they may be compassionate enough to give your rattie help anyways.. or at least ask what you can do

Can she do any tricks? does she come when called?

I haven't taught her any tricks and i don't really use my pets names for some reason

Snakes are instinctual, not necessarily intelligent. They know how to survive, but I wouldn't go as far as to say they learn and interpret their surrounds as say a dog or cat would.

>Smarter than an ant, stupider than a parrot

Ive called in about the cost and stuff, they charge like 39 or something just for him to get checked out. going in sadly wouldnt do much.

Yeah, take him to a vet and hopefully there'll be a vet caring enough to help or tell you how to fix this yourself. I don't know much about rats, but I own a cat who I care for more than anything in this world, and I'll probably an hero when she dies. I know how you feel

What kikes

>We dont care if your pet dies, we just need your money

Rats from the store are snake food. They're so severely inbred, they're not worth owning as pets. You wasted your money. Even so-called "breeders" who claim to have clean bloodlines are full of shit. Spending more than a couple of bucks to keep the thing alive is wasted.

>Rats from store are snake food

Mine lived 4.5 years from a store

sadly how most of the world works. That happens for human lives..

Edison has been alive for a while now, they may not be the most fit for pets, but they definetely can be. I just wish I didnt run into a money crisis at this time.

Nope. You're lucky to get a year out of a rat. If you're EXTREMELY lucky, maybe two. The kind you have? Horribly inbred, have been for decades, it's a feeder rat - it was bred to feed snakes or predatory fish. If you want a friend, go rescue a dog for fuck's sake. Rodents don't live long even in the best of conditions.

Rodents dont live long but it's still good to give them the best life possible while they're here with us

youtube.com/watch?v=QRNzYNVQcFo

Nonsense. Snakes recognize their owners. My buddy has owned and raised snakes for 25 years. His boa gets out all the time, and when looking for it, all you have to do is find a piece of his clothing - the snake looks for his smell. It's usually found in his leather jacket.

BULLSHIT.

>URI
Uniform Resource Identifier?

Unknown Rat Infection

the steam helps him slightly, but hes still strugglin

Negative, He lived a full happy life from petworld. I took good care of him

Donated $5, sorry I couldn't give more. Good luck.

This rat must be fed to a Python. He has URI.

I am straight up calling you a liar.

OP, I tried to donate you the 39 dollars but it asks me for a credit card which I do not have. I am a great sucker for animals so is there another way I can donate the cash to you?

If not, I wish you and your rat all the best!

Snake might not eat it if it's sick. A snapping turtle will eat it, they don't give a fuck. Or pirahnas.

Thats okay, maybe you just dont know how to take care of things.

See, thats where youre wrong, Ive had friends with rats that lived years, some even to 6, I cant have a dog where I live. Normally then live longer when they can have the proper treatment.

Use debit if you can, I did that

Mycoplasma bacteria that causes URIs is present in the lungs of almost all rats and can flare up when their immune system is compromised.

URI = Upper Respiratory Infections

Upper Respiritory Disease

$39 on a fucking rat.

If you're throwing money in the toilet, I should make up a story about my sick pet slug, and get some free cash from your dumb ass.

Okay, liar.

Do you have any pets

Thank you so so much, I really dearly appreciate it.

You're not using regular wood chips as bedding are you?

Somebodies mom never let them have pets lmao

Shame that it doesnt work with paypal.

A rat lived 6 years? LOL. Liar. It's okay, you can admit you were wrong, kid.

Oh, wait it's Sup Forums. Sperg away, kid.

I hate people with the 'its just a fucking ...' If you are about to die with 39$ to save you I will say, Its just a fucking pleb, we have 7 bilion of those.

by mail? Not sure, hit up my kik, its Frizzyx

This
Pine bedding/woodchips are very bad for rats

No problem. I really feel for you. My cat is getting older and her time will be up soon. I can't stand losing pets

I have two full grown german shepherds, pussy boy. I'm an adult, and don't waste money on inbred snake food.

no, that is paper bedding. Im not THAT dumb haha.

A dog or cat is a far better pet. They show you more affection and live a lot longer.

I have a paypal, Pm me on Kik, its frizzyx

It's just a fucking rat.

Underage. Get a dictionary kiddo.

You replied to the wrong person dumbass
>two shepherds
you would spend $39 on them?

$39 on a shepherd? what a waste for shit tier dogs

Im sorry, I also have no kik... I can only donate via paypal or direct bank (though I would not suggest posting that shit here)

Rats are smarter than both dogs and cats

Spergs gonna sperg.

What about a skype or any email? Email for me is [email protected]

Give some cider vinegar with water. Changes PH, may help.

Rats have very short lives anyway.

How do.we know you're not just shit posting this for money?

send you a mail

Sure they are. That's why they die so much.

Tbh, I'd help you if I wasn't a poorfag. Had three rats myself, they all died recently at the age of four. They were sisters, white rats, called AIDS, Ebola and Cancer.

Cancer literally died of cancer. I think I should've seen that coming.

Buried all of them near a beautiful river in the woods. RIP.

shit mate, Ill email you pictures of me and him at the vet if you want when I get the money, just gotta trust me.

Good good. I've had rats for a long time. Sad to hear about your little ones distress. My last living pretty girl lives on towels since shes going on 3 years old and slowing down quite a bit. We had her sister die of an infection in the foot last summer, so I know how hard it is to see them get sick. He isn't showing any real signs of distress, right?