>"bu..b..best in the series!" - morrowfags trying to defend this shit

Go to Sup Forums faggot

lul
>expecting a 2002 game to have modern game design
>being this retarded
>baiting this hard

love these 2 games, morrowind is a meh

>bu..b..best in the series!

is oblivion better? i'm playing skyrim right now and i'm enjoying it, i've played oblivion when i was a teeny faggot so i don't really remember it well

Why would you like oblivion?

but you explicitly CAN sit in chairs in taverns

bait.jpg

Oblivion is probably the worst in the series. It's seriously broken without mods and character models are inexcusably awful even when the date it was made is taken it account.

Everyone likes to bitch about Skyrim because 'NO ATTRIBUTES' and the like but at least Skyrim is playable in vanilla if still far from it's potential.

no you cant

better than morrowind, but nothing compared to skyrim. like another said, it's kinda broken and the GUI is absolutely shitty, but i like the story line

Oblivon had the best "living world" feeling, the NPC freedom peaked with it so theyd sometimes get up to some random unexpected shit.

They restricted the NPCs in skyrim to stop "silly" things from happening, but I liked the silly things in oblivion. It made things unpredictable. The world feels much more robotic in skyrim in comparison.

2002. /thread.

>Thousands of quests
>Literally
>Owned the game for over 10 years
>Still haven't done or seen everything
>Holy fucking shit you can own towns
>Goes very in depth
>Still going into dungeons that blow my mind - better than most dungeon concepts today
>Today - mods - multiply possibilities a hundred times over

Sorry OP, this game was truly a work of art

Anyone who played Morrowind as their first TES game will always think it's the best one. It has a sense of exploration and adventure that the other games will never have, because they're too spoonfed. I still enjoyed Skyrim a lot, but there's no denying it's essentially the watered down Call of Duty of RPG games intended for a casual audience that just wants to kill some time swinging a sword at monsters.

dubs of truth

kys

go back to watching leafy pls

yes, because kys was created by leafy lul
thinking skyrim is the best elder scrolls is pretty aids

Your pasta is stale faggot

i never stated that skyrim was the best ES... are you ok?

morrowind was the fist i played so im a little biased but i think it is the best. oblivion revolutionized the AI to make it more 'real' and the MQ story wasn't awful but failed in every other aspect

>shit linear side quest, only a handful of missions
>god awful art style, wtf where they thinking
>no rolling
>small map

skyrim just took oblivion and improved on it. I though the art was nice but the MQ and civil war was kinda lame. and i hate how they just thrust the world of TES 200 years into the future, i not a fan of the lore they threw in but i would have like to actually see it happen and not just end up in a carriage being arrested by the elves.

i played daggerfall and i actually really like it.

>rolling
>skills galore
>language skills
>not a bad MQ

but other than the MQ and some vamp quest, i though all the missions were pretty boring but it's an old game so i give it a pass

Granted, it has a lot of problems and it definitely hasn't aged well.

However, as someone who played Oblivion first, I like the atmosphere of Morrowind. It feels like a place that hasn't been completely settled, if that makes sense. There's a feeling of being alone in a very hostile and unsettled territory, especially since you couldn't just teleport around like a fag.

The AI (or extreme lack therof) is a big issue, yes, and it's disappointing when you lead a monster to NPCs so they can kill it for you and they aren't even aware there's a monster in their village about to kill you and only you. But again, this was ~2002.

Also, if you're having trouble landing your hits, you need to find a different weapon that works with how you want to fight. I tried going for big War Hammers and shit, but I kept missing, but once I switched to maces, I started to get into the swing of things, pun intended. How it works is that each weapon basically has a specific range, and you have to be in it for the swings to land. Maces worked for me because I they were more for closer encounters than a big war hammer, and once I figured it out I did quite well in the game. But that's the thing, you can't just pick up a weapon for the first time and suddenly be a master, it's about learning how to properly use them through your own experiences rather than a ham-handed tutorial like designed hypothetically for people who have never played a video game in previously?

>"Why isn't this game that's over a decade old as good as games today?!"
- OP

what kinds of "silly things"?

You seem lost.
Sage.

Oblivion is a migration period between the complexity of Morrowind and smoothness of Skyrim. It has the best quests, but the worst art design. The level scaling is atrocious; in Skyrim at least it was fixed to some degree.

faggot anything can be on here,
including video games. sorry ur loli thread hasnt shown up yet fag

Some times skooma addicts would kill each other for skooma eventually. That was always funny, and sometimes might end with them killing random NPCs before they're caught. Sometimes shop owners which is just awesome.

when the prison guards ran out of food, they would kill the prisoners and loot their food.

Oblivion had the best questlines. Very impressive writing.

i once saw a begger in bruma steal a sweet roll and literally the whole town, literally, attacked him. the fucking count was there, i was at the part of the game where cities send some units to bruma, they attacked, the preist (of talos?) attached him.

he just ran to a corner and died

MQ ye

fighters guild?
mages guild?
thevies guild?

>no
>no
>no
>no for any other quest line you might be thinking of

I have never had a problem leveling in Oblivion. Actually, you can cheese the shit out of all the games if you want. And if you play practically then it will still be fun and balanced. You have to do the occasional grind. And that's it

Oblivion was a pretty good game, love the story line and the depth in the side quests.

Happened to me many years ago playing Oblivion for the first time on my Xbox 360
>in Bravil
>see Argonian NPC sneaking
>getting closer to other NPC
>suddenly hear commotion and guards running with swords out towards the Argonian
>other NPC calling him a thief
>entire Guard force of Bravil converges on this Argonian and kills the shit out of him
>all walk away like nothing happened
>I approach and search his body
>has a stolen bread loaf in inventory

>mfw Argonian was starving and stole bread because radiant AI was telling him to eat and the guards killed him for it.

what is this board called?

Now see, while Oblivion definitely hasn't aged well either, for me PERSONALLY, oblivion was way more interesting than Skyrim.

The art design wasn't very good for Oblivion, but I would say that any Bethesda RPG post-Oblivion suffers from VERY muddy and ugly visuals (Fallout 3 and New Vegas, Skyrim was definitely more visually muddy, and Fallout 4, well, pic very related).

Skyrim was very streamlined, but I'm not entirely sure it was a good thing. Skyrim just never really stuck to me like Oblivion or FO3 did (I just could not get into New Vegas, I tried like 3 different characters for a total of about 2 hours of playtime before I just never touched it again) and the setting just seemed kind of shitty.

I think that's what separates Morrowind from the others. Morrowind was kind of its own story and didn't feel like another carbon-copy of the typical medieval fantasy setting (it did have that feel, but the design of the world felt like its own special world), whereas Oblivion WAS the typical medieval fantasy and Skyrim was replacing the setting with Beowulf. Plus, and this is kind of petty, but the Skyrim soundtrack just wasn't as inspired as Oblivion's.

Level scaling was pretty bad in Oblivion though

>be me, city-swimmer
>be poor
>hungry
>check my inventory for food
>got none
>see someone else walk by
>I'm not good at thinking things through so I start sneaking behind him in the middle of the street in clear daylight
>not very good at pick pocketing either, get caught
>"thief!"
>half the town starts yelling, screaming and run away shouting "I'm getting out of here!"
>the other half start chasing after me trying to punch me to death
>I try my best to run away
>6 guards appear with the ability to run at 300 MPH while swinging long swords at me
>savagely slaughtered in the middle of town
>the citizens instantly return to their business as if nothing happened, my death completely meaningless
>I just wanted some bread

You're doing yourself a huge disservice by not getting into New Vegas. New Vegas is like the "Morrowind" of the 3D Fallouts in some ways.

>actual roleplaying elements determined by stats
>many many many more quests than F3
>multiple ways to approach many quests
>more factions
>actual unique weapons

Try it again dude. It's an amazing game.

i was dumping some morrowind pics earlier today

is that why this thread is here now op?

i could start dumping again?

Shit I was supposed to be replying to this guy.

Nigga are you forgetting the motherfuckin Dark Brotherhood? Best quest line in Oblivion by far. Skyrims DB was fucking shit.

+1
I fucking love NV, I still play it from time to time, that game is fucking masterpiece. Bethesda should just let Obsidian make another Fallout game without pressuring them.

Morrowind had, by far, the best main quest story line. As well as the most clans to join.

It had a lot of issues though.

Personally, I loved Oblivion when it came out, but it hasn't aged that well. Skyrim improved many of those flaws, but also simplified the RPG elements quite a bit.

Thieves Guild and DB. Thieves guild quests were sick

this makes me play silent hill 3, is it a good game?

Agreed.

Implying Oblivion wasn't the fucking best elder scrolls game of all time
I went throw morrowind oblivion skyrim as a young pleb,

This

You can go sit in your tavern chair, user.

I'll be busy Levitating.

The only bug that actually affected my oblivion playthrough was saving in daylight as a vampire corrupting saves, other than that its just as broken as literally any other bethesda game

you n'wah

>actual roleplaying elements determined by stats
I didn't play long enough to really get into that, but I'll take your word for it

>many many many more quests than F3
But with the map being smaller Oblivion and even smaller than FO3, it feels like they're just trying to cram so many things into a fairly small game world. I get claustrophobic just looking at the map.

>multiple ways to approach many quests
Again, couldn't stay in it long enough to get there, so I'll take your word for it

>more factions
You have the NCR in New Vegas, basically the only major point of interest in the game, plus some wanna-be Romans. All taking place in an otherwise completely sparse desert that feels so small that venturing a couple feet off the path will lead to another quest or a quest locale you shouldn't go to yet.

>actual unique weapons
Um, okay?

>Try it again dude. It's an amazing game.
But see, again, the setting is boring, the map is cramped, Ceasars legion doesn't make sense (LOL LOOK GUYS THEY ARE JUST LIKE ROMANS EXCEPT IN THE FUTURE MODELED AFTER THE PAST) and I never got the feeling of a vast world to explore like I did in every other Bethesda game. With regular FO3, there was a bit of variety to the setting, and there was more to the world than JUST D.C. or JUST the wasteland to the north.

I'd rather have another go at the original Fallouts.

I don't know. I played a little bit of SH2 on an emulator, but it didn't work very well. Watched a long play of it on YouTube, it seems to have a really nice atmosphere. Combat is shit, but if you could easily kill everything, it wouldn't be very scary.

Oblivion is hands down the best game in the series but only if its heavily modded

and nothing of value was lost that day

that's why no one gave a shit

It's funny, when I played it, I didn't encounter any horrible bugs and played it Vanilla for a goo 300 or so hours.

And then I found out how to mod the game, and that was another good 200 to 300 hours extra messing around with shit with a friend.

But yes, I never understood why "beards" was a skin discoloration.

Did you play Morrowind? If so you'd understand what I meant by unique weapons. ie: "Legendary" weapons you find aren't just enchanted versions of standard weapons with a different name.

OP is a child. Nintendo and mario blew the world away when it came out. A child now who plays then will not feel the same effect due being spoiled by modern games. Having played Morrowind when it was released I can honestly say no other game has achieved what it did for me.

I played Morrowind up until I did that quest for the Tribe way up north (going into the burial dungeon to retrieve some kind of relic or something, it's been years), then somehow while I was traveling to the next tribe, my quest progress wasn't saved and I had no idea what I had to redo and what was still done. Basically just quit after that, still kinda sad about it, but that was years ago.

And also, for me, unique weapons are a plus, but it's not a big issue if the map doesn't "feel" right. I have that same problem with GTA V, there's Los Santos and then fuck all, desert and two towns you can't do anything with. It's especially worse in multiplayer, because everyone is in the same city and there's nothing to do in other towns (what is the point of buying a house away from the city if you can't host a heist in it?). But again, all of this is just my own personal feelings.

>>Still going into dungeons that blow my mind - better than most dungeon concepts today

Dungeons then were mother fucking dungeons.

Today a "dungeon" has 1 path to take and if you go off that path you are met by a wall very shortly.

Morrowind is boring. :/ I wanted to get into it but I just can't.

I tried Morrowind several times. First on Xbox (it was just shit) and later on PC. Every time I play it: feels old, it is yes but it's not about graphics only, of course IA is stupid as shit but the combat system was fuckin' awful. I didn't expected a COD but for god sake it's like playing with playmobil... It just kill me the fun... Yeah I can talk with peoples and discover piece by piece the univers but the combat... Awful...

Personally prefer oblivion. If they could just do a remake of it with updated graphics and stuff it would be perfect. Someone was making a mod called skyblivion where they just put all of oblivions shit into skyrims engine. Also oblvion got goty, skyrim didnt.

age?

As a child pong blew the world away when it came out. a child then who plays mario will not feel the same effect due being spoiled by morden games. having played pong when it was released i can honestly say no other game has achieved what it did for me.

Take the rose tinted nostalgia glasses off there fucking hipster.

There are new and exciting things.

25. I started with Oblivion and read the story of Morrowind before I played it. While it's awesome I can't get used to the constant walking and the dead game world.

That's a shame. I'm 25, too. My aunt got me Daggerfall one year for christmas when I was a little guy. Had no idea what was going on the game was crazy. Played Morrowind later on when it released and it's far and away the most enthralling game I've ever played. Oblivion and Skyrim are embarrassing in comparison.

That's reasonable. Same age as you, but I started with Morrowind. Which is probably why I regard it much more fondly than those who began with Oblivion or Skyrim. The combat is pretty flat and there are inconveniences from not having fast travel. But imho the depth of the game world itself--the intricacies of the various factions, the main plotline not being an entirely clear-cut struggle between good and evil, etc--give it a special spark that its successors lack.